PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past: Senna in an NSX-R

Vagabond142
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
The man's car control and smoothness with the throttle and wheel are legendary for a reason... he even pumps the throttle in the corners to find where the grip is and stay right on the limit :eek:

8By2AEsGAhU

YCB
12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/69430/ayrton-senna-nsx-r-suzuka/

I almost got banned in this thread :rofl:

rage2
12-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
The man's car control and smoothness with the throttle and wheel are legendary for a reason... he even pumps the throttle in the corners to find where the grip is and stay right on the limit :eek:
Uhh, Senna wasn't known for smoothness.

gqboy322
12-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Senna is known for craziness? :dunno:

rage2
12-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by gqboy322
No. The reason why Senna was so fast is because most drivers work their way up to the limit smoothly. Going past the limit would result in slip, and lose a lot of time in recovery so smooth would be consistent.

Senna (and Schumacher at his prime) had a knack for knowing where the limits are lap after lap in changing conditions, and getting there with aggression. They had an ability to know when the car's about to lose it, and react before it happens, thus limiting time loss in a big dramatic slide. Senna was more impressive in changing and low grip conditions, the worst they are, the faster (relative to others) he seems to get. On the outside, it looks like they're all over the place as they're making tons of micro adjustments with steering and throttle through a single corner.

edit - here's a good video of telemetry analysis of MS vs JH during the Benneton days through a single corner.

NtaV_cOGgTM

ga16i
12-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Agreed, Senna and Schumacher were gods in the rain. Sebastian Vettel is also very good in the rain, I remember him kicking all kinds of ass in a freakin' Toro Rosso.

ga16i
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by gqboy322

Hell yes, Senna is known for craziness while Prost is known for coolness.