PDA

View Full Version : Newman/Haas Racing Quits IndyCar Series

cloud7
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
http://www.newman-haas.com/news2011.php?Statement-from-Newman-Haas-Racing-on-IndyCar-Series-Participation-82

STATEMENT FROM NEWMAN/HAAS RACING ON INDYCAR PARTICIPATION LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. (December 1, 2011) --- Newman/Haas Racing announced today that it will not enter cars in the 2012 IndyCar Series. "The economic climate no longer enables Newman/Haas Racing to participate in open wheel racing at this time," said Carl Haas, owner and co-founder of Newman/Haas Racing. About Newman/Haas Racing... Newman/Haas Racing (NHR) was formed by actor/race car driver Paul Newman and racing entrepreneur Carl Haas and is one of the most successful open wheel racing teams today. The team participated in 29 consecutive seasons of competition from 1983-2011 and earned a total of eight championships, 107 race wins and 109 pole positions with drivers such as Mario and Michael Andretti, Nigel Mansell, Paul Tracy, Christian Fittipaldi, Cristiano da Matta, Sebastien Bourdais, Bruno Junqueira, Oriol Servia, Graham Rahal, Justin Wilson, James Hinchcliffe and more. The team finished fourth in the 2011 IZOD IndyCar Series with Oriol Servia and earned the Sunoco Rookie of the Year award with James Hinchcliffe.

This means Canadian racer James Hinchcliffe will be out of an IncdyCar ride next year. However, I read somewhere that James will be joining the SpeedSource Grand-Am GT RX-8 team... but I think he was originally doing that as well as IndyCar.

rob the knob
12-02-2011, 11:05 PM
i say before i like racing

in america you race dirt track in circles or you race open wheel

i watch overseas cart and irl ruin open wheel in america

with wheldon dying, we may see the end is near.

rip wheldon, and rip good old days

http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2006/ChampCar/Denver/BourdaidTracyFight.jpg

rob the knob
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
the gentlemen in the red is a newmanhaus driver, that is why i posted the picture

rob the knob
12-02-2011, 11:16 PM
http://www.grandprixcities.com/000sitepics/longbeach200409.jpg

more canada and newman drivers

cart was affordable way to see exciting racing. not the technology of f1, racing was good and exciting.

cloud7
12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
The merger of IRL and Champ Car was not good for Champ
Car teams... first Forsythe and now Newman Haas... Champ Car had the right formula when it decided to pretty much stay away from ovals. The clowns in IRL ruined open wheel racing in North America.

Team_Mclaren
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
wow, imo thats like a respectable team like Williams leaving F1... thats just sad

Inzane
12-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by cloud7
first Forsythe and now Newman Haas...

Both teams that Tracy used to race for. Hmmm... Maybe they went bankrupt from all his crashes.

Z_Fan
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

Both teams that Tracy used to race for. Hmmm... Maybe they went bankrupt from all his crashes.

Forysthe got their money out of him probably, after all he won the championship for them.

Only problem with Tracy now is that he is OLD. Has been. Not young enough or active enough to be competitive and it has been that way for many years now. He knows it.

Still, doesn't take anything away from his 30+ open wheel racing wins. The truth is, he probably bankrupted a lot of other teams with crashes he caused. Hahaha...since I doubt he's responsible to fix those cars. Just his own. ;-)