PDA

View Full Version : Regular MR2/Toyota meets?

Silverfire9
12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm moving to Calgary in January for school and wondered if there are any regular MR2 club or Toyota club meets. I know there would have to be some sort of beyond meet, but I was hoping for something a bit smaller.

st165_jlee
12-02-2011, 09:13 PM
i tired to get some people out before the season ended but it didnt work out so well.... i should have mine out next season it would be nice if we could get a couple of us mr2 drivers out on a cruise

Silverfire9
12-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm already working on a meet/cruise in Red Deer for June or so with my friends here in Edmonton. We tried it a few years ago but it petered out because there wasn't anyone in Calgary to co-ordinate that end of it. Now that I'll be in Cowtown, it should happen.

Redlyne_mr2
12-03-2011, 07:40 PM
my car was down all last summer, Im always down for meets when my stupid car is running. Should be up for something this summer.

03ozwhip
12-03-2011, 08:52 PM
^^LOL thats ebcause you cant keep anything the same for more than a month haha. i dont have an MR2 anymore but have an ST205, im down for meets anytime i dont have to work.

e.widling
12-05-2011, 07:05 AM
I would definitely like Toyota/ MR2 specific meets and cruises!

Silverfire9
12-05-2011, 10:15 PM
In that case, would people be up for winter coffee meets? They work pretty well up here. 4-6 people a month, but the scene up here isn't nearly as active as it is down there.

st165_jlee
12-05-2011, 10:55 PM
that already goes on here every sat night at the tim hortons/ staples parking lot off of barlow tr... it would be cool if we could try and start a group of our own involving only mr2 drivers

BinDeal
12-06-2011, 11:10 AM
How about wings night? There is UFC this Sat. Anyone up for that?

Silverfire9
12-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by st165_jlee
it would be cool if we could try and start a group of our own involving only mr2 drivers

This was what I meant. Saturdays are terrible nights for meets though. The only people that show up are losers with no life like BinDeal.:rofl:

Seriously. I like the wings idea, but Saturdays are terrible because that's the night EVERYBODY makes plans. I bet there's somewhere else that does a wing night midweek. Seeing as how I'm not headed down until January and I've never lived there, I wouldn't have a clue where that might be though.

Coffee at Timmy's really works well here. We do it at a Wendy's/Timmy's joint restaurant at 7:30 and a few of us often just wait for supper then.

During the summer, MR2 only meets didn't have that bad a turnout, but once it got cold they got kinda sparse, so we opened it up to any Toyota. Ever since we've had decent numbers.

03ozwhip
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
no one in calgary will really show up in their MR2's in the winter. you better make it a toyota meet.

BinDeal
12-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Silverfire9

This was what I meant. Saturdays are terrible nights for meets though. The only people that show up are losers with no life like BinDeal.:rofl:

Wow.. Really.. I am just throwing out ideas and your calling me a loser? Idiots like you, people don't like having around.

:facepalm:

Wings night doesn't have to be every Sat. Just happen's a good UFC match is on this Sat.

devinc13
12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll show up in the winter! Then again, mine is set up for rallycross with studded winters....

Silverfire9
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BinDeal

Wow.. Really.. I am just throwing out ideas and your calling me a loser? Idiots like you, people don't like having around.

:facepalm:

Wings night doesn't have to be every Sat. Just happen's a good UFC match is on this Sat.

Sorry. I thought the rofl smile would tell you I was joking... I've never met you and couldn't say either way. Just a litlle friendly ribbing.

st165_jlee
12-08-2011, 12:04 AM
lets decide on something im down with wed or fri nights silverfire9 has a point about sat nights most of the time they are just losers that show up.. id rather spend most my weekends in good company of some fine ladies lol

Silverfire9
01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I started a thread in the meets subforum about this so we can get the non-MR2 crowd too. I picked next Monday since Mondays worked really well in Edmonton.

I just arrived in Calgary yesterday, so I have no idea where would be good. We need somewhere fairly central, that doesn't mind how long we stay. Personally, I would prefer somewhere close to the train since I want to minimize my driving until spring to save money, but that's not a huge concern.

Comment in the other thread: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=347090