PDA

View Full Version : muscle hot rods

mutsuraboshi
01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
:rolleyes: ive had this weird itch for muscle cars lately...
anyone else into those here?
i cant seem to find a calgary site for any info on collectors
or any clubs that those oldies may have running here...

sxtasy
01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Go to Willy's on Mcleod on wednesdays during the summer. There is a group that always meets up there. They have some pretty sweet cars there.

CalgarySS
01-27-2004, 09:00 PM
There are a fair number on Performanceshop

mutsuraboshi
01-27-2004, 09:02 PM
haha can u guys leave a link or sumthin

CalgarySS
01-27-2004, 09:07 PM
www.performance-shop.com

It is a good sized site based in Calgary.

ecstasy_civic
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
I still love muscle cars, there the ones that got me into cars period.

T5_X
01-27-2004, 09:30 PM
70 Boss 302 Stang and 340 Challenger are still a couple of my favorite cars :drool:

5.9 R/T
01-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
I still love muscle cars, there the ones that got me into cars period.

How the fuck do you end up with a civic then? :dunno:

ecstasy_civic
01-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

How the fuck do you end up with a civic then? :dunno:

Cheaper on gas:D
lol
Actually just sold the civic and looking for an 80-81' Z28 or 87-93 mustang.

Actually I had an 86' S10 that was set for the 350 swap but had to sell it due to financial obligations.:bullshit:

mutsuraboshi
01-28-2004, 01:33 PM
thanx guys:clap:

pressure_ratio
01-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Forget about the Z28,it's a rattle trap,ugly as hell 80's interior.TPI performance parts are expensive and tough to get any real gains.Had a s-10 w/350.No traction at all,not much fun in the end.If you're looking into a dom car go for the 5.0.Theres tons of parts for them out there.Be prepared to give up a lot of comforts going from a Honda.IMO I can't figure out for the life of me why you're looking at those muscle tanks.I've had all to much experience with them.Thats why I'm now into imports.Good luck.
:dunno:

mutsuraboshi
01-28-2004, 11:49 PM
mmmm i wanna 1981 pontiac trans am
smokey and the bandit

Wildcat
01-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Cheaper on gas:D
lol
Actually just sold the civic and looking for an 80-81' Z28 or 87-93 mustang.

Actually I had an 86' S10 that was set for the 350 swap but had to sell it due to financial obligations.:bullshit:

get a third gen Z, i loves me an iroc :love:

Originally posted by pressure_ratio
Forget about the Z28,it's a rattle trap,ugly as hell 80's interior.TPI performance parts are expensive and tough to get any real gains.Had a s-10 w/350.No traction at all,not much fun in the end.If you're looking into a dom car go for the 5.0.Theres tons of parts for them out there.Be prepared to give up a lot of comforts going from a Honda.IMO I can't figure out for the life of me why you're looking at those muscle tanks.I've had all to much experience with them.Thats why I'm now into imports.Good luck.
:dunno:

i call bullshit on the newb.

Moonracer
01-29-2004, 12:44 AM
I grew up with muscle cars, my bro had many. But my fav that I would love to have is a 1967 corvette with the 427, droptop in red...mmmmmm

ecstasy_civic
01-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

Ya man, I had an 81' Z for a while, 3 yrs ago, best car and most fun car ive ever owned.

I dont care about the interior and as for gains??? made pretty good ones.

My friend owns it now and he runs 13.2@ 110 mph in mission, dyno'd 298rwhp 335rwtq.

basic carb kit, headers, 2.5" exhaust, and a new stall converter netted big gains.

pressure_ratio
01-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

How do you figure bullshit,just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new around cars.If you like the muscle cars go right ahead.Sorry I missed the part about the early 80's Z,I was thinking Iroc.Gm's tpi system is not a cheap system to work with,ford EFI is much more forgiving,don't believe me?Ask Toma about his supercharged car from a few years back.Sure you can biuld a SBC for like $5,but the drivability on them sucks,no matter wich way you look at it you're working with 50 year old technology.And the cars they go in are tanks.It all adds up to a car that will burn tires off no problem but thats it.You'd be better off buying a MKIII turbo supra,it'll go faster,turn better,get better mpg and actually start in the winter for less money than any muscle car.Don't spout off to me like you know it all.Just by the comment you made it's pretty clear to me that you have no freaking idea what you're talking about.

Matthew
01-29-2004, 11:56 AM
You could also try www.abmustang.com - It's the Alberta Mustangs Auto Club web site.

-Matthew

Wildcat
01-29-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio

How do you figure bullshit,just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new around cars.If you like the muscle cars go right ahead.Sorry I missed the part about the early 80's Z,I was thinking Iroc.Gm's tpi system is not a cheap system to work with,ford EFI is much more forgiving,don't believe me?Ask Toma about his supercharged car from a few years back.Sure you can biuld a SBC for like $5,but the drivability on them sucks,no matter wich way you look at it you're working with 50 year old technology.And the cars they go in are tanks.It all adds up to a car that will burn tires off no problem but thats it.You'd be better off buying a MKIII turbo supra,it'll go faster,turn better,get better mpg and actually start in the winter for less money than any muscle car.Don't spout off to me like you know it all.Just by the comment you made it's pretty clear to me that you have no freaking idea what you're talking about.

whoa whoa whoa, cool it kiddo, thers no way you can convince me a foxbody is a better overall car than the iroc. i know what i know and i dont need to get into a meaningless ford vs chevy arguement about it, and as for your last comment:

"Don't spout off to me like you know it all.Just by the comment you made it's pretty clear to me that you have no freaking idea what you're talking about."

thanks for demonstrating your maturity, your opinion is sooo much more respected now :rolleyes: .

:closed:

mutsuraboshi
01-29-2004, 08:08 PM
:tongue: