PDA

View Full Version : Mistake on traffic ticket

Infusion
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Just wondering I got a speeding ticket and when the officer filled out the address it was wrong , is it possible for it to be thrown out? The house number was wrong on the ticket.

:dunno:

FraserB
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
LOL

Never gonna be tossed on something silly like that.

dirtsniffer
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM
my brother had his tossed out because they wrote se instead of sw

max_boost
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
my brother had his tossed out because they wrote se instead of sw

ORLY

FraserB
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
If you go and try and get it tossed for this they might let you, but the officer has up to 6 months after the date it is dismissed to re-issue the same ticket. That means he can carry over any notes from the ticket as well.

Go ask for a reduction and they will give you one 99% of the time.

dirtsniffer
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

ORLY

ya, but it was probably ten years ago, and it wasn't a traffic ticket.

dexlargo
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
A mistake in the address doesn't invalidate the ticket. So long as the person charged is identifiable, it's good.

Mar
12-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by dexlargo
A mistake in the address doesn't invalidate the ticket. So long as the person charged is identifiable, it's good.
You seem to know the legal system well but when I went down to pay my last ticket, they told me I didn't have to because the officer forgot to write AB in the province space. They threw it out.

codetrap
12-05-2011, 04:21 PM

ya, but it was probably ten years ago, and it wasn't a traffic ticket.

LOL..

My brother had the exact same thing. Only it wasn't a ticket. And there was no fine. And he's not really my brother, it was actually my sister. And it wasn't related to driving, it was about the price of lunch. She went to the till, and they made a mistake on her order, so they gave her free fries.. and it was in junior high at the cafeteria..

:nut:

heavyfuel
12-05-2011, 04:22 PM
One time I had a cop flat out forget to write his name and badge number, it got tossed without question. I say you have a good chance. If he's unable to copy an address correctly, one might think reasonable doubt is raised about his ability to use a radar gun.

codetrap
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by heavyfuel
One time I had a cop flat out forget to write his name and badge number, it got tossed without question. I say you have a good chance. If he's unable to copy an address correctly, one might think reasonable doubt is raised about his ability to use a radar gun.

Put your money where your mouth is. If he gets it thrown out on that, great. If not, you pay it.

desi112
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

Put your money where your mouth is. If he gets it thrown out on that, great. If not, you pay it.

Wow 16-year old girls run rampant on beyond; lets play TRUTH OR DARE!

Jetta-2.0
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
i got 2 tickits once and the cop wrote the wrong court date on the tickits and they both were thrown out, but the lady did say the cop can reissue the tickit with in 6 mons

dirtsniffer
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM

go fuck your hat..

it was a skateboarding on public walkway ticket or some shit

codetrap
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by desi112

Wow 16-year old girls run rampant on beyond; lets play TRUTH OR DARE!

You first.

But seriously. Can you not see how that conversation is going to go?

Speeder: Your honor, I think you should throw this ticket out because the officer is obviously incapable of running a radar gun because he can't even write down the house address correctly.

Judge: Am I correct in assuming you're saying that the officer is generally incompetent?

Speeder: Yes your honor.

Judge: Officer, I hereby order that this ticket be stricken because it's apparent to me that you're incapable of the simple task of copying an address correctly from a license to a ticket. It's apparent to me that because of this small error, that you're generally incompetent, and on this basis you should be relieved of your duty, and find another job. Perhaps with time, and a lot of effort on your part, you'll be able to rise to the lofty position of fry clerk.

bspot
12-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Name and address aren't enough to throw it out.

They completely butchered my name AND address once, they just corrected it when I brought it in. If they get the violation information or their name/badge number wrong, it's a different story I believe.

bignerd
12-05-2011, 05:47 PM
My husband was pulled over on his bike once, the cop was all talking to him about his bike (I guess he rode to) and my husband wasn't really interested in chatting with him as he was getting two tickets.

He got home and cop and written husbands name on the tickets as Bryan instead of Ryan-on both tickets. My husband never paid them and nothing ever came of it. No idea what happened there.

codetrap
12-05-2011, 09:08 PM

go fuck your hat..

it was a skateboarding on public walkway ticket or some shit

Lol man. I wish I had a fuckable hat. That'd be awesome. Will put it on my Christmas list. Don't take yourself so serious. I read your posts and just thought they were really funny.;)

rumeo
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM

LOL..

My brother had the exact same thing. Only it wasn't a ticket. And there was no fine. And he's not really my brother, it was actually my sister. And it wasn't related to driving, it was about the price of lunch. She went to the till, and they made a mistake on her order, so they gave her free fries.. and it was in junior high at the cafeteria..

:nut:

This one time a cop forgot to dot the I on my name. Got the ticket thrown out :poosie:

bart
12-08-2011, 12:44 AM
the section on the ticket where they are supposed to fill in speed limit, your clocked speed, and whether it was laser, estimate, or radar... if all that is blank is the ticket void?

i am just wondering cause the line up says: THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT FORM PART OF THE CHARGE

anyone wanna clarify?