PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware! Do not use Bella Flooring - failed to honour Warranty Guarantee

JMaj7
12-06-2011, 09:47 AM
This company is not honouring their warranty. They installed laminant floors with creases and bubbles, did not re-attach plumbing appropriately, started the contract late and finished extremely late and when we tried to redeem our warranty and went as far as threatening to take legal action, the owner/operator named Rebecca Rosas sent my mother an extremely rude reply via email with her iphone (with spelling errors I might add). Furthermore, their "plumber" named Jerry sold me a used tap as new and when it broke about a three weeks later and I tried to return it to him, he evetually start to call me a faget and told me to shove the tap up my ass. When I told him that I would report him to the BBB, he said that he wasn't even a plumber and good luck with that. This guy was who Bella contracted to do our plumbing. And to top it all off, he threatened me saying that if I text him one more time, he will give my number and address to someone and "I will not like the outcome". When I told him I am calling the cops for him verbally abusing me and threatening me, he's claiming that he meant the cops to begin with. Just letting you know. I am tempted to post his number up for some beyond justice but since this might be going to court, I will refrain. Be careful it's a nasty world out there

http://www.bellaflooring.ca/

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=n&xhr=t&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=632&bih=320&wrapid=tljp1323186357276010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bella+flooring&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=bella+flooring&hnear=0x537170039f843fd5:0x266d3bb1b652b63a,Calgary,+AB&cid=14798392029433002222&ei=zjjeTuT8G4mi2gWvsITrBA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=map-marker-link&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CGgQrwswAA

http://calgary.canadianlisted.com/roommates/bedroom-roomate-rent_1146352.html

alieno1
12-08-2011, 09:21 AM
When an installer starts your floor (or any job for that matter), it's best to watch if their doing it right when they start if you ask me. I have quite a few years experience installing tile and hardwood/laminate, and I have seen my share of poor quality installations.

Sugarphreak
12-08-2011, 10:11 AM

normanwilson
03-01-2013, 11:57 PM
They are really mean and if they owe you money they do not pay and hide from you. Do not ever work for them

StreetRacerX
03-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Not gonna lie the part where the handy hack tells the OP to shove the tap up his ass made me laugh, who would actually say something like that to a customer? Even if the customer had an attitude, that's inexcusable even for hack standards, I mean obviously the handy hack was a cash corner pick up but wow.

roll_over
03-02-2013, 01:12 AM
I think you did post his number in the last link? I know the jokes getting old but it looks like they are located in the NE

amear
03-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by StreetRacerX
Not gonna lie the part where the handy hack tells the OP to shove the tap up his ass made me laugh, who would actually say something like that to a customer? Even if the customer had an attitude, that's inexcusable even for hack standards, I mean obviously the handy hack was a cash corner pick up but wow.

+1 LOL

Originally posted by roll_over
I think you did post his number in the last link? I know the jokes getting old but it looks like they are located in the NE

+1

CanmoreOrLess
03-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Another company added to the Beyond Blacklist full of scammers and cheaters. Welcome Bella Flooring, enjoy your stay.

OP, you ought to consider not telling those you have a disagreement with about what it is you are going to do. Just do it.

Follow Sugarphreak's steps and in the future only deal with companies approved by the Beyond peanut gallery.

300zxfairlday
03-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by amear

+1 LOL

+1

Don't you live in the Ne as well?

C_Dave45
03-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Sounds like a bit of a nightmare OP, thanks for the heads up on this contractor.

I'd personally hire another contractor ASAP to fix all the problems, have them documented thoroughly and keep track of all the expenses you incur as a result of the poor workmanship. Lots of photo's as you go.

Then hire a lawyer and take them to court, judges will usually side with the home owner if as long as you are honest and reasonable about the problems.

Yeah I was quite surprised that this works. I had a customer contact me about a bathroom reno he had done by a "contractor". Small ensuite, but a complete "gut". The guy did all the marble work himself. HO paid him over $5,000 but the final product was just pure crap. So I came to take a look at his request hoping to "fix" the problems...but the only solution was to completely rip everything out and re-do it. So we took all kinds of pictures, and together with those and my statement as a ticketed journeyman, the judge awarded the entire amount to the Homeowner.

dubhead
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Another company added to the Beyond Blacklist full of scammers and cheaters. Welcome Bella Flooring, enjoy your stay.

Is there actually a list somewhere because that would be handy

JRSC00LUDE
03-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Love the takeoff after the 2 year bump. :nut:

Anton
03-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Love the takeoff after the 2 year bump. :nut:

I'm actually glad that this got posted. This is another side of dealing with the owners of this business:

Rebecca and Hugo Rossa hired my company to do some work for them in their newly built home. Their total bill came to just under $600. My team spent about 4 hours at their house (normally a service takes around 2 hours) because they tried to do the best job possible and their new house was also quite large.

When it came to paying the bill, Hugo said that he left his wallet at home. I said we could run a CC over the phone if he had one - he said that he doesn't have a CC. Fair enough, it was about 7:00pm and my crew was tired so Hugo said that I could get a cheque from him and to call him the next day. After calling him, Hugo answered the phone and mentioned to me that he had some issues with funds as he was awaiting a cheque from his recent contract. Again, I agreed that he'd pay me when they pay him (which he said would be later that week). After this I spoke to Hugo a couple more times and heard more excuses. After a little while, both Hugo and Rebecca no longer picked up the phone. I recorded all my conversations with Hugo and still have them - including the promises of payment.

This happened last year and $600 wasn't a huge deal for me to stress over so I didn't pursue it but at least it's good to know that sooner or later (probably sooner) they'll be out of business.

Please note that I am not saying that the work they do is poor but this is a pretty good indication of how they conduct business.

bellaFloor
03-06-2013, 08:58 AM
First of all we did Lino not laminate! Second of all she did a private deal with plumber jerry on the side nothing even to do with Bella Flooring company! Had she went through the company we would have honored the warranty but because she did a private cash deal with the plumber there was nothing the Bella could do.

JRSC00LUDE
03-06-2013, 09:01 AM
^

Ok. That explains the plumbing end of it, what about the bad install? Now answer the other two complaints, especially Anton.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
03-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Oooo time to break out the popcorn again!

Mibz
03-06-2013, 09:03 AM
DUN DUN DUN

FraserB
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by bellaFloor
First of all we did Lino not laminate! Second of all she did a private deal with plumber jerry on the side nothing even to do with Bella Flooring company! Had she went through the company we would have honored the warranty but because she did a private cash deal with the plumber there was nothing the Bella could do.

Ok. So the creases and bubbles in the flooring installation are completely acceptable for your company? What other defects do you consider to be part of a "professional" instal? Then threatening your customers when they try and get the product they paid for?

Is theft of services also standard operating proceedure for your business and owners? What other criminal acts can one expect when dealing with Bella Flooring?

Damn, two in one week. Seems like companies are Googling themselves before the spring/summer reno and sale season.

Anton
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by bellaFloor

I still have everything saved so if you are going to come in defending yourself, please address everything.

95EG6P
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Oooo time to break out the popcorn again!

+1

revelations
03-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Its a slow time of year for a lot of contractors right now. Not surprised.

But again, while the company sounds shady based on the OPs and others posts from a few years ago, the fact they didnt know the difference between laminate and lino raises flags about OPs credibility.

cam_wmh
03-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Contact Information:

Rebecca Rosas (President/Interior Designer) - [email protected]
Alex Rosas (General Manager) - [email protected]
Blenda Rosas (Office Manager) - [email protected]
Hugo Rosas (Project Manager)

Hugo, their Project Manager doesn't have an email address.. Ya know, par for the course for that role.

Obviously family run. The "Rosas" of Calgary.

Cos
03-06-2013, 06:21 PM

revelations
03-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Contact Information:

Rebecca Rosas (President/Interior Designer) - [email protected]
Alex Rosas (General Manager) - [email protected]
Blenda Rosas (Office Manager) - [email protected]
Hugo Rosas (Project Manager)

Hugo, their Project Manager doesn't have an email address.. Ya know, par for the course for that role.

Obviously family run. The "Rosas" of Calgary.

I'll bet he does, just not listed there.

[email protected]