12-06-2011, 10:06 AM
http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291529

This guy was very lucky.

Euro_Trash
12-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow looks like a pop can

Maxx Mazda
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Jesus fack this guy is lucky to be alive!

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291529

Masked Bandit
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Holy Hanna! How is that guy still alive?

Merritt
12-08-2011, 02:46 PM
What a fucking idiot

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
:eek:

Guillermo
12-08-2011, 03:34 PM
:repost:

Kloubek
12-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Holy shit that's insane. Surprised I never saw it the (supposed) first time it was posted.

Maxx Mazda
12-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Holy shit that's insane. Surprised I never saw it the (supposed) first time it was posted.

I didn't either, I'm usually REALLY good about finding shit before I post something new...

Maxx Mazda
12-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Someone should send this to mythbusters... Blowing shit up is right up their alley!

Guillermo
12-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

I didn't either, I'm usually REALLY good about finding shit before I post something new...

probably because someone thought it would be funny to make a "darwin" joke instead of a descriptive thread title.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/345835/darwin-failed-/

soccernut
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
"Toyota Tuna Can" is not exactly descriptive either...lol

I feel bad for that FJ. If I had to kill one, it would definitely be a yellow one.

Guillermo
12-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by soccernut
If I had to kill one, it would definitely be a yellow one.

got that right. i wouldn't think you could make an FJ look like a taxi cab, but toyota somehow managed even that. :rofl:

chkolny541
12-09-2011, 11:42 AM
insane

J-hop
12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Merritt
What a fucking idiot

Agreed. I know it wasn't the source of ignition but he smelled gas in the vehicle and his first thought was to start the vehicle?!?!?!

Hmmm I smell a natural gas leak in my house, better grab a candle and go investigate....

Sugarphreak
12-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Maxx Mazda
12-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I think you guys are being a little harsh considering the situation;

I've seen posts from the owner. He had a leaky bottle of acetone in the truck and when he smelled the gas he opened all of the doors and aired it out. I think he said he let it air out for 10 minutes and ensured the smell was gone.

The problem was that there was still gas in the dash and the doors, also acetone is more explosive than other common gases at lower PPM.

It is pretty much exactly the same thing I would do if that happened to me. I know better now thanks to this, but regardless.

Acetalyne... Acetone is basically nail polish remover.

Sugarphreak
12-09-2011, 02:56 PM

J-hop
12-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I think you guys are being a little harsh considering the situation;

I've seen posts from the owner. He had a leaky bottle of acetone in the truck and when he smelled the gas he opened all of the doors and aired it out. I think he said he let it air out for 10 minutes and ensured the smell was gone.

The problem was that there was still gas in the dash and the doors, also acetone is more explosive than other common gases at lower PPM.

It is pretty much exactly the same thing I would do if that happened to me. I know better now thanks to this, but regardless.

No way man, 10mins? I'd take more precaution if I spilled a bit of gasoline in my vehicle. Now I'm assuming his vehicle was in a garage, if he vented it into the garage at first why would he ever think it was a smart idea to start the vehicle and introduce an ignition source to the garage that could be filled with gas?

Google acetylene explosion and there are tons of horrific pics from exactly this happening. One was even ignited by someone using the remote lock. Maybe he doesn't work with it often and doesn't truly understand the risk, because no one who understood the risk would have done what he did.

xnvy
12-09-2011, 08:26 PM
:eek: Holy f*ck!

Cooked Rice
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Transporting gas with the windows up in a enclosed vehicle is a big no no to start with. When I pick up a new tank, it's windows down before I even leave the place. Doesn't matter how cold it is, suck it up, or get a pickup. Why he even left a tank in a vehicle to start with beats me.

Darell_n
12-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Transporting gas with the windows up in a enclosed vehicle is a big no no to start with. When I pick up a new tank, it's windows down before I even leave the place. Doesn't matter how cold it is, suck it up, or get a pickup. Why he even left a tank in a vehicle to start with beats me.

There are hundreds of service vans with acetylene and O2 in this city alone. The real issue is how the valved got 'knocked'. If the cylinder was not secured then that is a chargeable offense and his vehicle is likely not insured for carrying dangerous goods or marked with TDG placards. But this was in Saskatchewan, so who knows if he will get away with it.

Maybelater
12-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Links won't work?

Sugarphreak
12-12-2011, 04:03 PM

J-hop
12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh I must have misread his post. From my read through I was under the impression he opened the doors in the garage to air it out, then came back started the vehicle in the garage and backed out onto the driveway, at which point he went to roll the window down and the spark (guessing static or the connection of the switch) ignited the acetylene. Could be wrong but thats the story I gathered from the link. Doesn't quite sound right though as I would think anyone with even minimal experience with acetylene would never start a vehicle in a garage potentially full of the gas so I sure hope I just misunderstood the post.

Sugarphreak
12-12-2011, 04:48 PM