PDA

View Full Version : * best place to send for re-build?*

illeagle
01-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Well, it's time, My motor has 300, 000km, and I want to get the whole motor Re-built. It's a 1988 mazda 323 GT turbo.

the motor is a B6T, 1.6L DOHC 4cyl. Turbocharged/intercooled

Any suggestions on where to send it? I kinda want to send it to a real shop instead of someone's garage, just to be on the safe side.. I was told davenport does re-builds.... any ideas?

Redlyne_mr2
01-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Id say look for a used jdm version but Im sure tif heyre hard to come by for your car. What happened to your old engine?

rage2
01-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Check with Marc @ Alpine Autowerks. He used to own the same car, so he'll probably be either able to do it, or give you advice as to where you should go.

Good luck.

illeagle
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Thanks rage i'll call tommorow..

Mr.2, My old motor is still in the car, and it runs, but has low compression in 2 cylinder's. Below minimum.... 102psi, the minimum is 109psi. and i need this thing to run before i insure it, because while paying $600.00+ a month for insurance i won't have extra money to save.. IT HAS to be running by april or may.

As for a JDM motor, i could get one. it did come with 30 more HP SOME with a bigger turbo, and SOME with a bigger intake manifold, one of the two, but, some harnesses and plugs are different, and I hear if the motor breaks down after a week... Too bad for me..:banghead:

*anymore idea's? I just got stuck with this option today.. about how much will this cost me? *