PDA

View Full Version : Navy vet spraypaints Evo, owner catches him.

CdnSilverStreak
12-07-2011, 11:54 PM
... and proceeds to kick his ass.

This Navy vet allegedly spray painted "12-7 USN" referencing the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor (today). Owner catches him in the act and kicks his ass.

Surprisingly, the guy sits in his van and admits his wrongdoing.

See video posted. Caution: possible NSFW - strong language.

6B-6DaCJ0Jc

Link from Evo forums.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-show-shine/587909-retired-navy-guy-spray-painted-my-evo-caught-during-act-pics-vids.html

Thoughts?

hurrdurr
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Cocky fucking kids got lucky he didn't whip out a pistol

Modelexis
12-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I don't know really how I would feel about this if it happened to me. I think I would simply like to have it repaired, I don't think violence is really needed.
I don't condemn the person for using violence, but I don't think I would have gone that far had that been me.

How hard would it really be to remove the spraypaint? maybe a wet sand and buff?

edit: the OP actually removed the paint easily using wd-40

Beat the hell out of someone and use death threats over that?

Jetta-2.0
12-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I don't know really how I would feel about this if it happened to me. I think I would simply like to have it repaired, I don't think violence is really needed.
I don't condemn the person for using violence, but I don't think I would have gone that far had that been me.

How hard would it really be to remove the spraypaint? maybe a wet sand and buff?

edit: the OP actually removed the paint easily using wd-40

Beat the hell out of someone and use death threats over that?

but man he spent thousands of dollas on his wip yo:rofl:

Sugarphreak
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM

Maxx Mazda
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I mean...

I would be fucking LIVID if I actually caught someone doing that to my car. I think messing up someone else's shit (espesially in a random "attack" such as this) is beyond ignorant. I would have come UN-GLUED on that guy, much like the OP did.

^^You'd "simply like it repaired" ???? As in "oh, that's ok buddy, just grab a cloth and scratch the fuck out of my paint while you rub the spraypaint off" ?

I dunno about that. I'm kinda glad this guy got his ass whopped. :dunno:

Modelexis
12-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Those people who are saying they would lose it and assault the guy, would you be willing to face charges for your actions? criminal charges? jail time? criminal record? What if you punch him in the head and he falls and hits his head and dies, are you going to look like a hero standing over a dead body?

Sugarphreak
12-08-2011, 12:18 AM

Modelexis
12-08-2011, 12:21 AM
True, but the price of a lawyer vs a can of wd-40 and a couple hours labour?

Sugarphreak
12-08-2011, 12:27 AM

v2kai
12-08-2011, 01:03 AM
True, but the price of a lawyer vs a can of wd-40 and a couple hours labour?

hindsight is 20/20 when youre all cool, calm and collected.

catch him in the act of spray painting car = rage

imhungry
12-08-2011, 01:44 AM
So.. man was arrested eventually, but what about the kid that assaulted him?

It seems a little too extreme to go through all that to "stop him from getting away". Breaking his leg and his nose...

RBPiranha
12-08-2011, 04:28 AM
If you read through the thread, it turns out somebody recognizes the OP and he is a banned scammer who created a new username. A lawyer board lurker from another forum has threatened him that he will most likely be charged and that he is now screwed. He points out that he is a "trained cage fighter" and went beyond reasonable measures to protect his property, and I have to agree with him. Thread is now closed.

What a thread, how the tables have turned. It will make the OP look even worse because he beat up a veteran on the anniversary of pearl harbor. This thread will probably be all over the american talk shows tomorrow. :drama:

89s1
12-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
If I caught somebody spray painting my car I'd fucking lose it, no doubt.

What is worse is the guy targeted his car because of it's race.

looks like a white guy, just a japanese car.

The fighter planes used in the assault on pearl harbour were Mitsubishi zero's this is a mitsubishi evo... it had nothing to do with the race of the (white) owner.

Zhariak
12-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Am I the only one noticing how calm the old guy (the vet) is after this happened? He's not trying to get away, not trying to cause more shit, he's even sitting in his own van...

I'd loose it if I walked up to my vehicle if I saw this happen, but if he was calm, apologetic... I of course would NOT accept his apology, I'd probably be pissed, swearing, etc... But this guy needs some help mentally....

Obviously the vet has some problems and needs help.

dj_rice
12-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I believe the guy who owns the Evo was a cage fighter from other forums I've read.

heavyD
12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I believe the guy who owns the Evo was a cage fighter from other forums I've read.

Really? From the short look he looks like a 20 year old kid. Even his hands are small.

Sugarphreak
12-08-2011, 08:24 AM

89s1
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

why are the wrong two knuckles bloody?

looks like a pretty soft set of hands to me.... just my opinion tho.

J-hop
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
lol soft hands? How many of you actually fight out of curiosity? At the gym I go to some of the smallest guys can do the most damage. There is one guy who is about 3 inches shorter than me, 50 pounds lighter yet could destroy me without breaking a sweat, he also proffesionally fights, but on the street you wouldn't pick him out as a fighter in a million years.

There is also a 21 y/o now fighting in the UFC. For my own interest I'll look into this but there is one thing I've learned and that is you should never judge a book by its cover... Or you could end up flat out on the pavement.

89s1
12-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I was just saying they look like baby hands, not the hands of a professional fighter.

adidas
12-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Everyone trains "UFC" these days.

dimi
12-08-2011, 10:07 AM
The kid is an absolute retard. The US legal system is about teach him that.

I was on the evo m forum when I saw him post that. I just could not believe someone could be that stupid:

1. The old guy spray paints his car. That is vandalism.

2. He catches him in the act and beats the &%$# out of him. I mean the guy has a broken leg/broken nose. Seriously, is that much violence really necessary? Not to mention he detains his keys. He is a professional MMA fighter. His hands are considered DEADLY WEAPONS because he is well versed in martial arts. This is a very slippery slope in court. No matter which way you look at it, the old vet did not initiate deadly force so the guy can't pull the self defence card. He cannot simply "submit" the guy and hold him there till the police gets there?

3. He then makes a video incriminating himself, saying stuff like he beat the $#%& out of him, showing the blood on the guys face and on his hands, acting all thugged out. He threatens the guy numerous times too.

4. He then proceeds to post this online and brag about how he beat the crap out of some old guy. Very quickly the thread goes viral and people from other forums start joining to post.

5. People start telling him (including myself) to take the video down and not post incriminating evidence of himself. He starts acting all gangstered and then starts backtracking that the old guy spit and pushed him first, so that it seems like he was acting in self defense :rofl:

I can bet that there is some kind of an injury lawyer that was looking through that thread that will contact the old man, and this will take a very very bad turn for that kid.

r3ccOs
12-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by dimi

I was on the evo m forum when I saw him post that. I just could not believe someone could be that stupid:

1. The old guy spray paints his car. That is vandalism.

2. He catches him in the act and beats the &%$# out of him. I mean the guy has a broken leg/broken nose. Seriously, is that much violence really necessary? Not to mention he detains his keys. He is a professional MMA fighter. His hands are considered DEADLY WEAPONS because he is well versed in martial arts. This is a very slippery slope in court. No matter which way you look at it, the old vet did not initiate deadly force so the guy can't pull the self defence card. He cannot simply "submit" the guy and hold him there till the police gets there?

3. He then makes a video incriminating himself, saying stuff like he beat the $#%& out of him, showing the blood on the guys face and on his hands, acting all thugged out. He threatens the guy numerous times too.

4. He then proceeds to post this online and brag about how he beat the crap out of some old guy. Very quickly the thread goes viral and people from other forums start joining to post.

5. People start telling him (including myself) to take the video down and not post incriminating evidence of himself. He starts acting all gangstered and then starts backtracking that the old guy spit and pushed him first, so that it seems like he was acting in self defense :rofl:

I can bet that there is some kind of an injury lawyer that was looking through that thread that will contact the old man, and this will take a very very bad turn for that kid.

I also heard that his dad can beat up your dad

regardless, he mishandled the situation...

I would have a momemnt of "WTF" if I saw the situation, and lets just for instance say its some douche tard wanting to make a video to post of spray painting my car... I would work his face into fine pulp.

However in this circumstance, and you saw that this was some old guy, who is likely experiencing espisodes of a mental disabilty... I would just simply call the cops.

this guy is a jacked up faggot, and I'll gaurantee that most guys who rock the chuck liddle hair cut would do the same thing as him

Kloubek
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I think the kid took it too far, but I'm not going to claim I wouldn't lose it if I saw someone spraypainting my car. It isn't *just* that he spraypainted the car either - but that it had some sort of racially motivated meaning behind it is just not cool. (Not that the kid took the time to read and understand it before his fists started flying, I'm sure)

Honestly, I believe that if someone takes it upon themselves to damage someone else's property or hurt them in any way that they should expect potential consequences of their actions. While the severity of how this guy was beaten might have been slightly extreme, I bet you he will never spray paint another car ever again.

heavyD
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
There is also a 21 y/o now fighting in the UFC. For my own interest I'll look into this but there is one thing I've learned and that is you should never judge a book by its cover... Or you could end up flat out on the pavement.

Yeah but that cover didn't look at all imposing or strong.

This kid could land himself into some serious trouble hear as I may have popped him in the head as well but I wouldn't have kept beating on him or detaining him.

texasnick
12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
lol soft hands? How many of you actually fight out of curiosity? At the gym I go to some of the smallest guys can do the most damage. There is one guy who is about 3 inches shorter than me, 50 pounds lighter yet could destroy me without breaking a sweat, he also proffesionally fights, but on the street you wouldn't pick him out as a fighter in a million years.

until some asshole pulls out a handgun and your 3-week membership at cardio kickboxing can't help you.

max_boost
12-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by texasnick

until some asshole pulls out a handgun and your 3-week membership at cardio kickboxing can't help you. :werd: :guns:

imhungry
12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by dimi

He is a professional MMA fighter. His hands are considered DEADLY WEAPONS because he is well versed in martial arts. This is a very slippery slope in court.

^THIS. Ambulance chasers.. :guns:

xnvy
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow... :rolleyes:

TaiChino
12-08-2011, 05:11 PM
The guy obviously over-reacted but I would definitely be pissed if that happened to me. Let's just not have this thread turn into a pissing contest over a standard of MMA hand size...

Unknown303
12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
I would have hog-tied that fat old man, then explain things once the police arrive... that's if hog-tying someone is legal.. :confused:

5fivespeed
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
My first thought was "I'd kick his ass too"...

But it's a car. I can fix it. I can have it fixed. The damage can be fixed, somehow. If I hit him, or caused any inflicted damage - I would be liable. Not only that, I hit someone who fought for our country.

I feel for the owner, but he's an arrogant little prick acting so tough. I'm willing to bet he blindsided the older gentleman, because alot of those guys are tough as nails. I'll just say the kid got lucky.

I would be pissed too, that's my car. However, using your brain works wonders. The kids an idiot.

Ray

CMW403
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
I probably would have lost it just like that kid did, except I wouldn't have taken a video and posted it online lol

chkolny541
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
interesting how this will turn out

bourge73
12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
I feel bad for the Ol guy after really getting his a$$ kicked. He is wrong forsure, but getting a can of whoop a$$ on what a 80+ year old guy (assuming he was how old in 1941?) I mean that's like beating up your Grandpa? I am sure there are more than a few Iraq Vets that would love to go after that,what Flyweight? Cage chump? I for one would love to have a "Mugensix"{ talk with him.....

rob the knob
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
is the kid japanese? i can't tell the video is too fast.

bignerd
12-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I wonder if at some point the old man is going to act out physically/violently against someone of Asian/Japanese ancestry? I think the broken nose is warranted personally, the broken leg is too much though.

He is lucky it was that little kid and not someone bigger or he might be dead. As much as some of you are like "oh I would just want it fixed", I doubt you would react the same if you happened upon him in the act of vandalizing your car.

As far as being a veteran who fought for the US, thats great and I don't think veterans are appreciated enough, but I think he is giving them a bad name.

J-hop
12-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I would have hog-tied that fat old man, then explain things once the police arrive... that's if hog-tying someone is legal.. :confused:

I don't think you can legally detain anyone. I definitely don't agree with what he did, I've had a kid try to steal stuff out of my car and all I did was throw him to the ground and then was able to regain composure and refrain from doing anything else, but that was a little different, I didn't have anything of value in the car and he didn't damage my car in any way. Would I have gone further if he vandalized my car, maybe, it is really hard to tell how you will react when jacked up on adrenaline, no one really knows until they experience it, very intelligent people can act extremely stupid.

It is quite interesting to see the contrast on here though. Whenever someone's car gets vandalized/broken into on here everyone always says "I wish I would have been there with a bat when the little so and so was breaking into my car" and everyone bandwagons. Then when you see it actually happen and the results it's not so appealing now is it??

heavyD
12-08-2011, 06:47 PM
The unwritten rule is that you don't fuck with people's shit. I have a buddy that was starting to find stuff missing in his house (he's one of those goofs that forgets to lock his place at times) so he left his computer on recording all day. Sure enough some young punks were breaking in and walking around like they owned the place all on video. Needless to say the punks were local, we found them, and some severe ass-whippings were handed. Needless to say they never broke into his house again.

bignerd
12-08-2011, 07:21 PM

I don't think you can legally detain anyone. I definitely don't agree with what he did, I've had a kid try to steal stuff out of my car and all I did was throw him to the ground and then was able to regain composure and refrain from doing anything else, but that was a little different, I didn't have anything of value in the car and he didn't damage my car in any way. Would I have gone further if he vandalized my car, maybe, it is really hard to tell how you will react when jacked up on adrenaline, no one really knows until they experience it, very intelligent people can act extremely stupid.

It is quite interesting to see the contrast on here though. Whenever someone's car gets vandalized/broken into on here everyone always says "I wish I would have been there with a bat when the little so and so was breaking into my car" and everyone bandwagons. Then when you see it actually happen and the results it's not so appealing now is it??

Citizens arrest maybe? Don't know.

colsankey
12-08-2011, 09:51 PM

In Canada you can use the minimal force required to stop the happening of a crime, and detain someone (yes, you're esentially arresting them at this point) so long as you hand them over asap to a police officer. IE, call 9-1-1, explain what happened and you have someone detained, and need an officer.

Busting some guy up because you are angry he #$%^'ed with your car is going to land you in hot water, justified or not.

JAYMEZ
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Hmmmm... Id probably wanna kick the crap outa someone for doing that ... But the whole video and crap after and the shit talking ... OVer the top.

freshprince1
12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Those people who are saying they would lose it and assault the guy, would you be willing to face charges for your actions? criminal charges? jail time? criminal record? What if you punch him in the head and he falls and hits his head and dies, are you going to look like a hero standing over a dead body?

What would your reaction be?

chkolny541
12-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
The unwritten rule is that you don't fuck with people's shit. I have a buddy that was starting to find stuff missing in his house (he's one of those goofs that forgets to lock his place at times) so he left his computer on recording all day. Sure enough some young punks were breaking in and walking around like they owned the place all on video. Needless to say the punks were local, we found them, and some severe ass-whippings were handed. Needless to say they never broke into his house again.

Needless to say, thats pretty funny

heavyD
12-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541

Needless to say, thats pretty funny

What's really funny is how my friend is kind of a pussy and passive and he just lost it when he watched these punks stealing his shit. I had to pull him off one of them and settle him down. You want to send a message but not hospitalize them.

Modelexis
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
What would your reaction be?

Lots of factors involved and I can't really say for sure unless I was in that situation, but I can guarantee I would be acting in such a way that in no way could ever put me at risk of having my gun licence revoked. I guess different people have different motivation for acting with restraint.

CMW403
12-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

What's really funny is how my friend is kind of a pussy and passive and he just lost it when he watched these punks stealing his shit. I had to pull him off one of them and settle him down. You want to send a message but not hospitalize them.

Needless to say, this is starting to sound like a tall tale.

mugensix
12-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Even if you did avoid the violent indecent/confrontation. The idea of him ACTUALLY spray painting my car, would have me so aggravated for a long time.I would also have acted out of "blind rage" and attacked him.

mugensix
12-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
I feel bad for the Ol guy after really getting his a$$ kicked. He is wrong forsure, but getting a can of whoop a$$ on what a 80+ year old guy (assuming he was how old in 1941?) I mean that's like beating up your Grandpa? I am sure there are more than a few Iraq Vets that would love to go after that,what Flyweight? Cage chump? I for one would love to have a "Mugensix"{ talk with him.....

=D What!!!! That was of the past! =D

gt2871r
12-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Skill > Size

ZorroAMG
12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
It's a CAR for fuck's sake. Take his picture, take down his plate, get insurance to handle it. WTF, is this the the age of Spartacus?

A3GTiVR6SC
12-09-2011, 08:02 PM
hog tie'ing an spray painting the ol fart's face would've been more suitable(w/o recording it).... At that age, you would think he would be a lil smarter to not get himself into stupid situations like this.

An the idiot incriminating himself will eventually unknowingly put his MMA skills against a armed gangbanger an get whats coming to him. Darwin will sort it all out... People with an attitude like that don't usually learn with simple assault charges.

Maybelater
12-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Citizens arrest is something that people can exercise.

Canadian Law:

Section 494.

(1) ARREST WITHOUT WARRANT BY ANY PERSON

Anyone may arrest without warrant(s)

(a) a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence; or

(b) a person who, on reasonable grounds, he believes

(i) has committed a criminal offence, and
(ii) is escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person

(2) ARREST BY OWNER, ETC., OF PROPERTY

Anyone who is

(a) the owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or

(b) a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property

may arrest without warrant a person whom he finds committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property.

(3) DELIVERY TO PEACE OFFICER

Any one other than a peace officer who arrests a person without warrant shall forthwith deliver the person to a peace officer.

-Section 494, sub. 1, (a) is the "General Power of Arrest" for non-peace officers.

The laws are diffrent from state to state in the USA, but in most states people do have the right to detain a person caught committing a criminal offence.

Also, I don't see this as a racial attack. I see this as a sick person with issues, mental instability is common in veterans and many suffer from PTSD which would lead to actions like this. The suspect acts calm because, well, if you've killed and seen people killed I doubt an ass-whooping is really that traumatizing.

tech1
12-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
It's a CAR for fuck's sake. Take his picture, take down his plate, get insurance to handle it. WTF, is this the the age of Spartacus?

this.

most intelligent thing said in this entire thread.

chkolny541
12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
100%^:thumbsup:

heavyD
12-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CMW403

Needless to say, this is starting to sound like a tall tale.

Nope. I've been around this site forever and I'm not some young guy looking to impress and have no reason to fabricate a story. I did strategically leave some incriminating details out of course because not everyone is dumb enough to record their retribution on film.:rolleyes:

alloroc
12-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Kid goofed bigtime.

In Canada fighting is kinda like sex - 1v1 mutual consent no charges.

In the US you get beat up and you did't throw the first punch ... sue and laugh all the way to the bank - especially a vet who can claim some kind of combat disorder for the vandalism and get off scott free.