PDA

View Full Version : *HELP* Stolen in APPLEWOOD 2000 Acura 3.2TL BLACK - ZNV-320 -Super white HIDS

tech1
12-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey guys, wonderin if everyone can just keep thier eyes peeled for my family car. What ticks me off the most about this is my wife usually will warm up the car about 530-6AM, which is when my car got stolen. The guy either had kept an eye on us, or was just in the neighborhood screwin around, cause thats an early time to steal a car.

please guys, the headlights are very distinguishable, very white light, if you happen to go the opposite way please let me know as to where it was last spotted. It just looks like any other black TL of that year, tinted 3 back windows, hids, rear spoiler. other than that its all stock.

ALSO,
My hockey equipment was all in the trunk as well, so if you happen to see someone selling all gear its in a BLUE GRIT HT1 bag. i can list everything. but im sure he wouldnt sell it piece by piece. thanks again guys.

corsvette
12-09-2011, 10:52 AM
FOUND IT!!! Its on the side of the road (by the oxbow golf corurse) just west of strathmore, i drove by it 2 min ago

DGill
12-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by corsvette
FOUND IT!!! Its on the side of the road (by the oxbow golf corurse) just west of strathmore, i drove by it 2 min ago
Beyond to the rescue :thumbsup:

GotRice?
12-09-2011, 11:02 AM
updates? :dunno:

Kloubek
12-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Wow - that didn't take long.

TaiChino
12-09-2011, 11:12 AM
That's awesome

JustinMCS
12-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Was the car stolen because she left the keys in the vehicle while it was warming up?

TunerF1
12-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Wow great work!

hurrdurr
12-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by JustinMCS
Was the car stolen because she left the keys in the vehicle while it was warming up?

Sounds like it

tech1
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM
wow, big thanks to corsvette for that one!

RCMP got back to me, they are still inspecting it. hopefully all my stuff is intact. thats awesome!

tech1
12-09-2011, 12:11 PM

yeah, we haven't had any trouble like this. we live in a small cul-de sac and everyone warms thier cars up around the same time. i wouldnt think that anyone would be up that early to steal a car.

Maxx Mazda
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Awesome if that ends up being the car!

DGill
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I guess this incident calls for a car starter :dunno:

JustinMCS
12-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by tech1

yeah, we haven't had any trouble like this. we live in a small cul-de sac and everyone warms thier cars up around the same time. i wouldnt think that anyone would be up that early to steal a car.

:facepalm:

If it was not recovered, insurance wouldn't pay out because it was negligence. Definitely time for a remote car starter.

max_boost
12-09-2011, 12:40 PM

If it was not recovered, insurance wouldn't pay out because it was negligence. Definitely time for a remote car starter.

Call Joe at Auto Tech.

:werd:

G-ZUS
12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Or possibly a spare key to lock the door with

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Are you serious?

dj_rice
12-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Crime never sleeps

JustinMCS
12-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Are you serious?

Yes. A friend had his car taken from the driveway, same situation as above, wanted to start it to get it warm. First question from insurance: did you leave your key in the vehicle?

A car insurance policy typically includes coverage to compensate you if your vehicle is stolen. Even if your policy contains such a provision, you likely will not be covered if the theft occurred because of your negligence.

Are you saying there ARE insurance companies that will reimburse for owner negligence?

whiskas
12-09-2011, 01:19 PM
OP, if your insurance company pays you out I wanna know who they are cause I'm switching and then accidently leaving my car, with the top down, in front of the Cecil hotel.

tech1
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
UPDATE

The officer says there is no gear bag in the trunk, just my wifes skates. The rearview mirror is broken off. Im waiting for the car to arrive at the tow truck companys lot so i can pick it up.

- about the car starter. were gonna get an extra key fob, and make sure we lock it while its getting warmed up. i dont like the idea of cut/spliced wires for aftermarket car starters. thanks again beyond!

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Are you saying there ARE insurance companies that will reimburse for owner negligence?

No there was nothing veiled within the question, I just didn't realize that. It seems stupid, just because you left the doors unlocked doesn't give someone license to steal! If you left the top off your jeep and went in for dinner would insurance cover someone ripping your deck out? Crazy!

Tik-Tok
12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

No there was nothing veiled within the question, I just didn't realize that. It seems stupid, just because you left the doors unlocked doesn't give someone license to steal! If you left the top off your jeep and went in for dinner would insurance cover someone ripping your deck out? Crazy!

They may treat personal theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors (or removed top) different than keys in ignition, engine running, doors unlocked, complete car theft.

shadowz
12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Call Joe at Auto Tech.

:werd:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

They may treat personal theft from a vehicle with unlocked doors (or removed top) different than keys in ignition, engine running, doors unlocked, complete car theft.

Where's MaskedBandit when we need him? lol

Masked Bandit
12-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Incorrect.

If the vehicle is taken without the owner's consent it is still theft. The claim is still valid. There may be a little more investigation to make sure there was no fraud but the overall it will still be covered. OP is fine.

To further expand on the OP's situation, there are actually two claims here. The vehicle itself and the contents of the vehicle (hockey bag). The contents of the vehicle fall under the home insurance. Contents of a vehicle ARE NOT covered by the auto policy. The deductible on the auto policy will be waived (theft of entire vehicle) but there is most likely at least a $500 deductible on the house policy. Factor in the increased premiums on the home policy from a claim and it probably ends up more expensive to run it through insurance. Shitty deal for the OP for sure

:whipped: to thieves.

corsvette
12-09-2011, 06:11 PM
wow, big thanks to corsvette for that one!

RCMP got back to me, they are still inspecting it. hopefully all my stuff is intact. thats awesome!

They must have ran it out of gas, it was parked at somebodys acreage entrance a few k's out of town, it made me slow down...dark coloured car with tint on the side of the road lol. It would have been a bit of a hike back (if the thief had to walk that is) to town. Glad it was still in one piece, too bad about the hockey bag tho...darn thieves:whipped:

Cops sure had quite a few questions for me regarding how i knew the car was stolen.

tech1
12-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by corsvette

They must have ran it out of gas, it was parked at somebodys acreage entrance a few k's out of town, it made me slow down...dark coloured car with tint on the side of the road lol. It would have been a bit of a hike back (if the thief had to walk that is) to town. Glad it was still in one piece, too bad about the hockey bag tho...darn thieves:whipped:

Cops sure had quite a few questions for me regarding how i knew the car was stolen.

How many beyond.ca theft recoveries have we had already? the officer asked me if i posted it on the internet or something, and said he had a few questions for me regarding after. overall as stated in the "claw" incident, the police do not want public taking matters into their own hands, BUT i bet you RCMP or CPS wouldn't have found my car any sooner!

Hage69
12-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Gotta love beyond!

turbotrip
12-09-2011, 11:05 PM
custom title for corvette?

AE92_TreunoSC
12-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I've personally seen 2 trucks covered even though the keys were left in the ignition. One tundra one Ford.

bignerd
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Wait until the insurance company questions the owner...

They will record the call, then how many spare keys to the car are there? Who has keys to the car? Do you keep a spare key in/on the car? Have you ever lost keys to the car? Who has access to the keys to the car? Who were you with when the car was stolen? Plus all the questions about the keys being in the car while it was stolen.

I can't remember all of the questions they asked when ours was stolen...

J-hop
12-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Incorrect.

If the vehicle is taken without the owner's consent it is still theft. The claim is still valid. There may be a little more investigation to make sure there was no fraud but the overall it will still be covered. OP is fine.

Should double check your policy, I believe most policies have an exclusion clause which ensures they dont have to cover you in the circumstances where the keys are left in the vehicle.

msommers
12-10-2011, 01:38 AM
I belief he works with insurance as a career...

max_boost
12-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by msommers
I belief he works with insurance as a career... Yea but leave it up to J-hop to question everything. :rofl:

Masked Bandit
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

Should double check your policy, I believe most policies have an exclusion clause which ensures they dont have to cover you in the circumstances where the keys are left in the vehicle.

Ya, you're probably right. What the hell would I know, I only own a brokerage. Just for kicks I confirmed with two adjusters from different companies before I posted, but you're probably right. Sorry about that.

Cos
12-10-2011, 10:54 AM

Lol I wonder what the hell he has been selling me then....

Jeez it is even in his signature. That was good for a laugh. Thanks J-Hop

J-hop
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Whoops haha, I'm pretty sure though thatsome companies don't cover what is termed "opportunistic theft".

Originally posted by max_boost
Yea but leave it up to J-hop to question everything. :rofl:

What is wrong with questioning everything. The biggest sheep are those who don't question things and just take people's word for it, I'm not at all afraid to be wrong, I'm not afraid to look stupid.

friedn00dles
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Whoops haha, I'm pretty sure though thatsome companies don't cover what is termed "opportunistic theft".

What is wrong with questioning everything. The biggest sheep are those who don't question things and just take people's word for it, I'm not at all afraid to be wrong, I'm not afraid to look stupid.

^ unfortunately most companies do. ie) keys left in ignition at a 7-11 running. Driver went in for a bottle of water, came out and the car was missing. Found 1 week later trashed!
How much did i pay out for it? A whopping $7,500 for the stupidity of the driver. This was when i was an adjustor for Intact Insurance.