PDA

View Full Version : Post Lockout NBA 11/12 Season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

hurrdurr
12-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Any NBA fans here?

Been following all the drama today, very exciting times for the NBA.

Can't believe Stern Veto'd the Chris Paul deal which would have freed up a fair amount of cap space for the Lakers to aquire Dwight Howard.

I don't really see why they would be up in sorts about it considering each team was benefitting and it doesn't put the big market Lakers over cap :dunno:

Thoughts? Opinions on next season?

DGill
12-09-2011, 02:26 PM
I was hoping to see the CP deal go through, losing Pao would make somewhat of an impact on the Lakers but bringing in Paul and seeing how it turned out would be interesting.

hurrdurr
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Props to Wilbon on this one

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/wilbon-111209/david-stern-nfl-owners-look-vindictive-petty-veto-chris-paul-trade

max_boost
12-09-2011, 06:13 PM
The deal seems to work for everyone so what's the big fuss? :dunno:

brucebanner
12-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Sounds like they are bringing trade talks back on the table again for the teams involved(Lakers, Hornets, Rockets). I'd like to see the trade go through. Definitely shakes things up.

Also, sounds like Dwight Howard is heading to NJ Nets.

Tyson Chandler signs with the Knicks, Shane Battier signs with the Heat.

Lots of things happening and more to come!

Manhattan
12-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Small market teams need to stop bitching. If you can't or wont spend money to build a competitive team then don't buy a team! If you want to buy a NBA team to make money then you're in the wrong business. Pro sports teams for the most part is a money burning hobby for the rich. Dallas used to be a laughing stock til Cuban bought them and turned them around. San Antonio and OKC are both shitty places/markets to play but they made it work.

Places like LA and NY are always going to have a competitive advantage in terms of market and opportunities. It's kind of ironic that the least relevant teams are bringing the NBA down. Total PR nightmare for the league this week.

CP3 thing is not close to being over. If he's not traded by Monday the NBAPA and CP3 himself will be suing the league. Lockout solved nothing :drama:

JordanAndrew
12-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Shane Battier is a great pick up for the heat, now they have someone who can defend well.

I actually didn't mind the CP3 trade to the lakers. But then again who would clean up for Kobe's missed shots when he doesn't have those big men to clean it up? It would also mean less shots for Kobe to take since CP3 is an offensive minded player. This actually might have worked out better for the Lakers afterall.

The Knicks are looking really good this season, but only time well tell if those players actually play well together.

DGill
12-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Odom requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs, do you guys think it was a stupid move? I'd say he was a good asset to the Lakers.

Anton
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM
I think the Lakers were/are in dire need of a good PG. Interested to see what they're scheming.

Originally posted by DGill
Odom requested a trade and got sent to the Mavs, do you guys think it was a stupid move? I'd say he was a good asset to the Lakers.

Great player. Great asset for the team. If they were gonna trade him, at least use him to get someone you want...

hurrdurr
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I think his "asking for a trade" was a PR twist. He loved LA - Played in LA his whole NBA Career, and his wife lives there too. They gave Lamar away to free up cap space, and if they don't end up grabbing Dwight Howard then they done goofed.

Miami needs to pick up a premier PG, I think with Arenas being waived, and not needing a guaranteed amount of Salary due to being owed 30mil for a contract buyout, would be a great fit, even if Miami already resigned Chalmers.

Eddy Curry, needs to get back to where he was 5 years ago, and Haslem needs to stay healthy. Miami is going to be a contender in the east.

Chauncey, Baron Davis and Arenas have all been waived (Amnesty Clause). I think with the right fit each of these guys can get back to the levels they used to play at.

I'm hoping Baron or Gilbert go to Miami or New York.

Maybe Chauncey to LA?

Fish is too old and can run the show IMO

4doorj
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Clippers are refusing New Orleans-NBA steep asking price for Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports. "Deal could be dying," source says.

hurrdurr
12-12-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm still up in arms about that idiot Stern vetoing the original deal. N.O would have gotten a steal, and Houston would have beefed up their back court, which is apparent that they need to.

4doorj
12-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah that last deal was better. But wont it look bad for stern to deny the lakers trade and accept a clippers trade???
It seems wrong that he veto'd the deal

sexualbanana
12-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
S It would also mean less shots for Kobe to take since CP3 is an offensive minded player. This actually might have worked out better for the Lakers afterall.

Not at all. One of Paul's biggest strengths is his ability to make the right decision, especially in pick and roll situations. Even in late-game situations, he's made a reputation of being able to pass the ball to the right teammate who has the open shot. It's one of the things that has kept Fisher in the league for so long. Paul is better at creating a shot for himself than Fisher is, which would have made the Lakers that much more difficult to guard.

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Miami needs to pick up a premier PG, I think with Arenas being waived, and not needing a guaranteed amount of Salary due to being owed 30mil for a contract buyout, would be a great fit, even if Miami already resigned Chalmers.

Eddy Curry, needs to get back to where he was 5 years ago, and Haslem needs to stay healthy. Miami is going to be a contender in the east.

Chauncey, Baron Davis and Arenas have all been waived (Amnesty Clause). I think with the right fit each of these guys can get back to the levels they used to play at.

I'm hoping Baron or Gilbert go to Miami or New York.

Maybe Chauncey to LA?

Fish is too old and can run the show IMO

Seriously??? In what world would two of the most selfish point guards in the league be a good fit for a team with two and a half established superstars?

They're two players who have master's degrees in the Allen Iverson Theory of Scoring, which states that if you put up enough shots, good looks or otherwise, you'll be in the top tier of scorers in the league. Teams will get more wasted possessions from them than they'll get good ones.

Billups is a possibility, depending on whether he wants another championship.

hurrdurr
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Not at all. One of Paul's biggest strengths is his ability to make the right decision, especially in pick and roll situations. Even in late-game situations, he's made a reputation of being able to pass the ball to the right teammate who has the open shot. It's one of the things that has kept Fisher in the league for so long. Paul is better at creating a shot for himself than Fisher is, which would have made the Lakers that much more difficult to guard.

Seriously??? In what world would two of the most selfish point guards in the league be a good fit for a team with two and a half established superstars?

They're two players who have master's degrees in the Allen Iverson Theory of Scoring, which states that if you put up enough shots, good looks or otherwise, you'll be in the top tier of scorers in the league. Teams will get more wasted possessions from them than they'll get good ones.

Billups is a possibility, depending on whether he wants another championship.

I can't really agree with you here.

For Example, Baron Davis in the past 4 seasons has averaged 13.05 attempts a game with 5 made (0.403%), 7.2 Assists, and 14.2 Points. How exactly is that Iverson like? In Iverson's prime he was doing 10 for 25 and putting up 30 a night with ~4 assists, not that similar to Baron Davis IMO.

In his career Iverson was 9.3-21.8 with a career shooting average of .425.

These numbers include the past 4 seasons where he played like an old shitty fuck and scored 6.4 out of 12 attempts/game.

So B.O has a similar FG% but at half of the attempts/game and almost double the assists.

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/myth-busted.jpg

ray8181
12-13-2011, 03:53 PM
dallas is getting prepared for another big season from getting odom and carter.

This season is gonna be pretty crazy moves/trades going around

sexualbanana
12-13-2011, 06:49 PM

I can't really agree with you here.

For Example, Baron Davis in the past 4 seasons has averaged 13.05 attempts a game with 5 made (0.403%), 7.2 Assists, and 14.2 Points. How exactly is that Iverson like? In Iverson's prime he was doing 10 for 25 and putting up 30 a night with ~4 assists, not that similar to Baron Davis IMO.

In his career Iverson was 9.3-21.8 with a career shooting average of .425.

These numbers include the past 4 seasons where he played like an old shitty fuck and scored 6.4 out of 12 attempts/game.

So B.O has a similar FG% but at half of the attempts/game and almost double the assists.

http://www.gtfo.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/myth-busted.jpg

Hopefully you're right in that he's wasting less shots. He's still hitting the same amount, but the overall attempts has been decreasing over the years. But really, the last thing the Heat need is scoring. Imo, Baron Davis has slowed down to the point where he can't defend many of the league's starting PG's and his offense doesn't make up for it the way it does for guys like Nash and Kidd.

Chalmers was a very good fit, at very good value, for the Heat. And you couldn't really blame him, or anyone outside of the Big 2.5 for their inability to play full games in the Finals. In Chalmers they had a guy who was a good defender and was a capable enough shot from outside that leaving him to double anyone else could be a potentially deadly mistake.

Unless either Davis or Arenas are willing to take huge paycuts (and maybe they will since they'll be double-dipping thanks to amnesty), Miami can't afford them.

beecue
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_clippers_121411

Lakers must be pissed. This doesn't make sense, why did Stern block the better original deal to the Lakers.

DGill
12-14-2011, 09:14 PM
^ At least the clippers seem to have a brighter future, I hope the lakers can lock down Howard now instead of him ending up in New Jersey

hurrdurr
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I heard Chauncey is gonna play at 2 Guard, which seems unnatural to me given the way he has played in the past, but either way, their starting 5 is going to be great with the addition of Chauncey, Chris and Caron

4doorj
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
David stern should be fired. The first deal the hornets had was wayyy better.

Im not a huge lakers fan, but damn lakers got screwed big time.

sexualbanana
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I heard Chauncey is gonna play at 2 Guard, which seems unnatural to me given the way he has played in the past, but either way, their starting 5 is going to be great with the addition of Chauncey, Chris and Caron

I agree that's weird. Billups is capable of starter minutes at point, but he won't get any with Paul there.

A Paul-Griffin pick and roll situation is a scary idea to have to defend.

hurrdurr
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM

I agree that's weird. Billups is capable of starter minutes at point, but he won't get any with Paul there.

I'm sure those two will set some sort of Alley-oop record this year.

But sorry I meant Chauncey may start as a SG - vs coming off the bench.. :confused: fucking strange for him to change position after 10+ years in the league

JordanEG6
12-15-2011, 01:04 PM

I'm waiting for these Clipper band-wagon jumpers to come out of the woodwork. Haha.

I can't see Billups working out well at the 2. I also can't see him with many playing minutes with Paul either. I wonder how this will work.

v8killa
12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Bledsoe isn't gong to see the court much either....instead of having a Bledsoe/Billups, Gordon, Butler, Griffin, Jordan lineup with Aminu, Kayman and either Bledsoe or Billups coming off the bench they have a Paul, Billups, Butler, Griffin, Jordan lineup with hardly any bench..clips gave up 2 much imo but like others have said, Paul and Griffin are going to be a scary cover off the pick and roll. **Also, we all know Billups can't cover any legit shooting guard in the league so that will also be interesting. I am also hoping they trade Mo Williams to the Lakers!!

adidas
12-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Havent been paying too much attention this year to the NBA but looks like clippers vs lakers in a preseason game is on in 4 days. Should be a good look of whats to come.

gyu
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
A pretty fair trade in my opinion, usually the team trading the superstar get a pretty bad deal.

Clippers gave up a lot, but I think Chris Paul has become really underrated because of his knee but he removed his knee brace during the playoffs and was a beast. Plus, he got the Hornets to 7th seed with a team of bad-average players. Now he will be playing alongside some better guys, I think the Clippers will be around 8th or 7th seed.

You guys are forgetting about DeAndre Jordan, it'll be lobs all day to him and Griffin.

Also pretty crazy how teams were willing to give DeAndre $10million a year when he hasn't even played starter minutes for a season yet. Same goes for Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol (the getting overpaid part), they'll be getting around $15 million, I thought the lockout was because of players getting overpaid and this is pretty much the first thing that happens after the lockout :facepalm: .

I think it might be a bit weird for Billups to play SG but it shouldn't be too bad. 6'3" (only 1 inch shorter than Wade), and he's strong. He's not a pure point like Chris Paul so I think it shouldn't be too much trouble for him to adjust and he loves to shoot 3's anyways.

JordanEG6
12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
The Knicks look good this year as well. Buddy told me their new Rookie has an in for a starting position.

Chandler and Bibby being picked up, they should be a good team.

4doorj
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
My teams have always been the mavs, bulls, and toronto.
It sucks cheering for toronto because they always suck! And they just did some crappy signings.
I can't wait to watch the mavs defend the title. It's going to suck without chandler in there. At least they signed up some good players like carter and odom. Weird to see odom playing for the mavs. (Don't understand how lakers gave up odom like that)

Bulls, rose:thumbsup:

hurrdurr
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by 4doorj
My teams have always been the mavs, bulls, and toronto.
It sucks cheering for toronto because they always suck! And they just did some crappy signings.
I can't wait to watch the mavs defend the title. It's going to suck without chandler in there. At least they signed up some good players like carter and odom. Weird to see odom playing for the mavs. (Don't understand how lakers gave up odom like that)

Bulls, rose:thumbsup:

Don't forget about Rip Hamilton who just signed yesterday

sexualbanana
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Well the Odom trade only makes sense if they're clearing up room for Howard. Otherwise it's a terrible trade.

I'm too lazy to fact check, but didn't Bledsoe head to New Orleans in the deal?

And I don't think Tyson Chandler is overpaid at all. It's rare to find big men who's primary focus is on rebounding and interior defense, and who are actually good at it.

v8killa
12-16-2011, 12:43 AM
Kwame Brown is getting 7 mil for 1 year...enough said haha and no Bledsoe is still a Clipper

4doorj
12-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by v8killa
Kwame Brown is getting 7 mil for 1 year...enough said haha and no Bledsoe is still a Clipper
Never been a fan of kwame
Long quote from kobe :
“I got to say, it was tough doing it that year. I was playing with guys, God bless them — God bless them — but Kwame Brown. Smush Parker. We had one game right before…by the way, what I say here, I say directly to them, see what I’m saying, I don’t talk behind people’s back. Things that I say to you, I’m comfortable saying this to them and I’ve said this to them...But like, the game before we traded for Pau, were playing Detroit and I had like 40 points towards the end of the game. This is back when Detroit had Rasheed [Wallace], Chauncey [Billups] and those guys, so we had no business being in the game. So down the stretch of the game, they put in a box and one. So I’m surrounded by these players, Detroit players, and Kwame is under the basket, all by himself. Literally, like all by himself. So I pass him the ball, he bobbled it and it goes out of bounds.

“So we go back to the timeout and I’m [upset], right? He goes, ‘I was wide open.’ ‘Yeah, I know.’ This is how I’m talking to him, like, during the game. I said, ‘You’re going to be open again, Kwame, because Rasheed is just totally ignoring you.’ He said, ‘Well, if I’m open don’t throw it to me.’ I was like, ‘Huh?’ He said, ‘Don’t throw it to me.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ He said, well, ‘I’m nervous. If I catch it and they foul me, I won’t make the free throws.’ I said, ‘Hell no!’

adidas
12-16-2011, 11:23 AM
^^

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

JordanEG6
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Never been a fan of kwame
Long quote from kobe :
“I got to say, it was tough doing it that year. I was playing with guys, God bless them — God bless them — but Kwame Brown. Smush Parker. We had one game right before…by the way, what I say here, I say directly to them, see what I’m saying, I don’t talk behind people’s back. Things that I say to you, I’m comfortable saying this to them and I’ve said this to them...But like, the game before we traded for Pau, were playing Detroit and I had like 40 points towards the end of the game. This is back when Detroit had Rasheed [Wallace], Chauncey [Billups] and those guys, so we had no business being in the game. So down the stretch of the game, they put in a box and one. So I’m surrounded by these players, Detroit players, and Kwame is under the basket, all by himself. Literally, like all by himself. So I pass him the ball, he bobbled it and it goes out of bounds.

“So we go back to the timeout and I’m [upset], right? He goes, ‘I was wide open.’ ‘Yeah, I know.’ This is how I’m talking to him, like, during the game. I said, ‘You’re going to be open again, Kwame, because Rasheed is just totally ignoring you.’ He said, ‘Well, if I’m open don’t throw it to me.’ I was like, ‘Huh?’ He said, ‘Don’t throw it to me.’ I said, ‘Why not?’ He said, well, ‘I’m nervous. If I catch it and they foul me, I won’t make the free throws.’ I said, ‘Hell no!’

That's nothing compared to what Michael Jordan says about his team mates. :rofl:

v8killa
12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Kwame has always been terrible...but if teams are giving him 7 mil, guys like Chandler and Nene are going to continue to get overpaid

hurrdurr
12-16-2011, 12:54 PM
LOL at Kobe quote. Good shit

sexualbanana
12-17-2011, 02:03 AM
I think Brandon Bass is horribly overpaid too. But I guess not to the extent that Brown is. Yikes.

LongCity
12-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

That's nothing compared to what Michael Jordan says about his team mates. :rofl:

Not only did he talk about his teammates, he said the whole league sucked and that's why his team was winning haha

gyu
12-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Kwame has always been terrible...but if teams are giving him 7 mil, guys like Chandler and Nene are going to continue to get overpaid
:werd:
You don't justify overpaying someone just because others are willing to overpay another guy.

JordanEG6
12-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

Not only did he talk about his teammates, he said the whole league sucked and that's why his team was winning haha

He punched Steve Kerr in the face :rofl: :rofl:

But sank crucial 3's in the games after that, so I'm not complaining.

adidas
12-18-2011, 02:11 AM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12081/12370971.jpg

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12081/12371037.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sxaVH.jpg

lol at the misery

JordanAndrew
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
^^ LOL! Ah well, at least they got into NBA which is an accomplishment in itself. The opportunity is all opened up now.

adidas
12-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Kaman, looks like he abused meth this long off season, not only that he looks like a bum

4doorj
12-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by adidas
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12081/12370971.jpg

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/12081/12371037.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sxaVH.jpg

lol at the misery

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LongCity
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

He punched Steve Kerr in the face :rofl: :rofl:

But sank crucial 3's in the games after that, so I'm not complaining.

Yah, I saw/heard the stories on espn classic haha

brucebanner
12-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Those N.O pics are hilarious!

Baron Davis headed to the Knicks it seems. Although he's out for 8-10 weeks with his back injury..

sexualbanana
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by gyu

:werd:
You don't justify overpaying someone just because others are willing to overpay another guy.

It's going to happen a lot more with the new salary floor

v8killa
12-18-2011, 11:12 PM
They are saying B.Davis might be back in 2-3 weeks...the 8-10 week report was apparently from his agent because they didn't want any team to claim him off waivers so he could sign with the Knicks.

v8killa
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
And teams sometimes have to overpay to keep/acquire a decent player because if they don't match what other idiotic general managers are offering, they will lose out on players because they will just walk or sign elsewhere. Overpay Nene/Chandler or they go somewhere like Golden State or NJ that is throwing everything at them.

JordanEG6
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
They are saying B.Davis might be back in 2-3 weeks...the 8-10 week report was apparently from his agent because they didn't want any team to claim him off waivers so he could sign with the Knicks.

Looks like he signed today, apparently for vet. minimum

v8killa
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
He's better then Bibby..but so is everyone else in the NBA haha. I think Douglas will be the Knicks best option but its not a bad gamble for New York. Lakers got Troy Murphy...I really hope they know what they are doing because they are making me nervous lol.

hurrdurr
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
The Clippers game last night was insane.

They ran the floor in transition so well. Lob City in the house no doubt. Chauncey played well as SG, lots of 3s.

Deandre Jordan really surprised me too!

Since it was preseason I'm going to guess they were being more lax, there was a couple stray lobs but wow. I can't believe how well they man handled the Lakers.

Also LOL at Meta World Peace. His jersey looks so ridic " World Peace"

4doorj
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
I only watched the first half and it was awesome to watch:thumbsup:
Man Jordan has a huge arm span. He caught that one lob from paul so damn far.

JordanEG6
12-20-2011, 12:10 PM
The Clippers game last night was insane.

They ran the floor in transition so well. Lob City in the house no doubt. Chauncey played well as SG, lots of 3s.

Deandre Jordan really surprised me too!

Since it was preseason I'm going to guess they were being more lax, there was a couple stray lobs but wow. I can't believe how well they man handled the Lakers.

Also LOL at Meta World Peace. His jersey looks so ridic " World Peace"

Artest is a clown haha.

Before the game, I was actually more interested to see how CP3 and DeAndre worked, rather than CP/Blake.

[GaGe]
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Is anyone in for a beyond NBA pool this year?

4doorj
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Man the clippers look like they meshed together perfectly watching the last two games. But that might just be because the lakers team doesn't look like last years lakers team at all.

JordanEG6
12-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Man the clippers look like they meshed together perfectly watching the last two games. But that might just be because the lakers team doesn't look like last years lakers team at all.

True, but it's the pre-season. The 'Battle Los Angeles' game looked more like an All-Star Game. Poor defense by the Lakers. Seemed like no one really cared.

I still do think the Clippers have become a playoff potential team, but they also still have alot of work to do to take out guys like Chi and Miami.

Billups looks good as a 2 guard as well. Love seeing that.

sexualbanana
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
The thing that scares me is because of the short camp and the number of back-to-back-to-back games, we are going to see some Ugly (capital U) basketball on some nights.

max_boost
12-30-2011, 04:34 PM
KD you sick man. Oh Vince you clutch too.

OE42eO18-ZU

brucebanner
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Some good games on tonight. Portland beating OKC and taking #1 spot in the west. Yeah, I know it's still early but with no Roy, Portland is playing very well.

So stoked for next week. Taking off to Portland to watch them play the Clippers and then the Magic the following night.. Courtside:D

Been counting down for the last month haha.

hurrdurr
01-04-2012, 11:46 AM
That's awesome buddy!

I'll be checking the Knicks in New York vs the Bucks on the 20th. NOT courtside however (don't have $5000/ticket) :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much are courtside seats in Portland?

I had 9th row there before and I only paid about $120/ticket

Jlude
01-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Heading down to Miami to see the Heat take on the Bulls on April 19 - Not court side either, but close. Court side was 9400/each on stub-hub - I got mine for 1500/each, only 2 rows.

max_boost
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
^^

Sick dude. Have a killer time.

4doorj
01-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
Heading down to Miami to see the Heat take on the Bulls on April 19 - Not court side either, but close. Court side was 9400/each on stub-hub - I got mine for 1500/each, only 2 rows.
That's going to be such a wicked game!
Have fun!

brucebanner
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
That's awesome buddy!

I'll be checking the Knicks in New York vs the Bucks on the 20th. NOT courtside however (don't have $5000/ticket) :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much are courtside seats in Portland?

I had 9th row there before and I only paid about $120/ticket

I can't remember exactly. One game is second row courtside and the other is courtside. For both games the tickets were like $550 or so after paying stub hub fees per seat. Average of $275 a game. With flights and hotel, the trip is costing about $1200. Down there for three days.

Originally posted by Jlude

That is going to be such a sick game!
Jealous of that game for sure, enjoy it dude!

brucebanner
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Game one tonight:D So pumped, going to be awesome!

Porsche_55
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Durant is freaken Amazing. Just saying.

max_boost
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_55
Durant is freaken Amazing. Just saying.

OKC vs Heat in the Finals

OKC in 7.

Durant is MVP.

Sorry South Beach!!!

4doorj
01-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Chicago is going to make the finals this year:thumbsup:
Rose MVP

colinxx235
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
^

agreed with 4doorj

D.Rose is too good.

Bulls vs Blazers in final. Bulls in 6 =)

4doorj
01-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Dunk of the season so far :bigpimp:
http://sports.yahoo.com/sportsminute;_ylt=AlJI4mEwex3J1fnN2K9QBDW8vLYF

4doorj
01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Actually maybe this one:
http://youtu.be/tvjjEtjwKHE

LongCity
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Social media blowing up with "best dunk of all time" bullshit.
People forget there was once a dude who went by the name of Vince Carter who crowned it on so many people. He was 4 inches shorter and ~40 pounds lighter and had the best in-game dunk... of all time.

beecue
01-31-2012, 09:47 AM
LeBron has no creativity. He does the same thing always. I have never seen him do a 360.

hurrdurr
01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by beecue
LeBron has no creativity. He does the same thing always. I have never seen him do a 360.

WTF does he care? haha, he wants the two points, some of his shit is flashy, when was the last time you saw someone do a 360 in a game?

colinxx235
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
^

exactly what I was thinking. That is why I don't really give two shits about griffin. Yah sweet its fun to watch him dunk. Trying upping the FT% buddeh.

Wins and championships, all that matters.

sexualbanana
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
^

exactly what I was thinking. That is why I don't really give two shits about griffin. Yah sweet its fun to watch him dunk. Trying upping the FT% buddeh.

Wins and championships, all that matters.

1) It's just his second year in the league.

2) He hasn't quite developed a real post game yet. He's getting by right now on the fact that he is freakishly athletic for his size (more so than Dwight Howard), and I think, in time, he's going to be good when he learns a few post moves.

max_boost
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Seriously no you didn't. WTF!

p3YUHIvWvE8

LongCity
02-14-2012, 11:04 PM
In other news, Spurs win their 8th straight - longest streak in the league. Spurs and Chi in the finals. Spurs win the chip.

93mr2gt
02-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Lin-sanity :clap:

max_boost
02-14-2012, 11:58 PM
In other news, Spurs win their 8th straight - longest streak in the league. Spurs and Chi in the finals. Spurs win the chip. If that Is the match up, $100 on Bulls.:thumbsup:

lilmira
02-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Want to watch some Knicks game now.

hurrdurr
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
When I went to the Knicks game they got destroyed by the Bucs. It was fucking tough to watch, in fact, i drowned my sorrows in the $12 Pints. Lin didn't even get a minute that game. It's nice to see him get a chance with all the injuries on the roster. Bravo

LongCity
02-15-2012, 11:58 AM
In other news, Spurs win their 8th straight - longest streak in the league. Spurs and Chi in the finals. Spurs win the chip.
Originally posted by max_boost
If that Is the match up, $100 on Bulls.:thumbsup:

Quoted to make it official. I accept this wager... Bring it on!

Anton
02-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I don't know if I started listening out of context today since my drive to work is pretty quick but on X92.9 one of the hosts was talking about how what Jeremy Lin is doing is nothing impressive...

You've got to be kidding me... If you really think that what Jeremy Lin is doing isn't impressive, you haven't played competitive sports. He took his chance and made it count.

If it was one game then okay, everyone has their moments but he has been playing on the same level as all the other NBA superstars. Whether that continues is yet to be seen though.

bigboom
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm as big a Lin bandwagon hopper as anyone else out there BUT wait until the good defenders start guarding him. Last night Calderon, one of the weakest defenders was guarding him and standing 6-8 feet away from him. 75% of the players in the league could hit that shot.

Same with the Wizards game...very weak d played against him. I will be curious to see what happens when people start putting some defensive efforts on him.

lilmira
02-15-2012, 04:56 PM
The media should just stop talking and let people watch him play. I don't think he is a superstar but isn't being a decent player in the big league enough of an accomplishment already?

max_boost
02-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
The media should just stop talking and let people watch him play. I don't think he is a superstar but isn't being a decent player in the big league enough of an accomplishment already?

Especially for being Chinese! lol I didn't even know my kind had the genetic makeup to play ball, let alone make any kind of impact. (Yes I know Yao was first but dude was 7'5 haha)

4doorj
02-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Super lin-tendo!

It was funny. The winning shot yesterday. The crowd went crazy when he got it in.
The raptors must of been like "uh... we just lost" hahaaha

sexualbanana
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
I'm as big a Lin bandwagon hopper as anyone else out there BUT wait until the good defenders start guarding him. Last night Calderon, one of the weakest defenders was guarding him and standing 6-8 feet away from him. 75% of the players in the league could hit that shot.

Same with the Wizards game...very weak d played against him. I will be curious to see what happens when people start putting some defensive efforts on him.

Yeah, but it's hard to expect him to take that shot. It was tied and all they needed to win was a 2 instead he goes for the 3, which is a tough decision. He makes it, he's great. He misses, he'll get criticized for taking an unnecessary 3.

He's shown signs of having great court vision, so it'll be interesting to see how defenses are going to react to him. He had some rough turnovers though, but part of that might be he was trying to get Stoudamire involved early.

LUCKYSTRIKE
02-16-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knicks will continue to do with Stoudemire back in the picture and soon Anthony. Now that they have a solid pointe guard I think they got a bright future, as long as Anthony can learn to be a little less selfish.

Lin's put on a great show but lets be honest, the only real team they have played are the Lakers.

Media has blown this guy way outta proportion.

sexualbanana
02-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
I'm looking forward to seeing how the Knicks will continue to do with Stoudemire back in the picture and soon Anthony. Now that they have a solid pointe guard I think they got a bright future, as long as Anthony can learn to be a little less selfish.

Lin's put on a great show but lets be honest, the only real team they have played are the Lakers.

Media has blown this guy way outta proportion.

I wouldn't say it's way out of proportion. It's a pretty cool story. At least this hype is based on production and numbers not like Tebow who, for all quantitative purposes, gets hype for not doing much.

max_boost
02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Chinese Steve Nash? Haha

4doorj
02-16-2012, 11:22 AM
2012 dunk competitors:
Chase Budinger (houston rockets)
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/All_Star_2012/28331963

Iman shumpert (new york knicks)
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/All_Star_2012/28332004

Derrick Williams (Minnesota)
http://d.yimg.com/hn/p/i/bcst/turnersports/20128/130362237.jpg

Paul Geroge (San Antonio)
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/All_Star_2012/28332041

Sounds boring, but hopefully they surprise us with a good show.
Blake Griffen didn't care about defending his title.
Lebron James said he was considering it again, but looks like hes chickening out again.

hurrdurr
02-16-2012, 12:03 PM
fucking dunk competition this year is stupid

Manhattan
02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Not a bad list of dunkers if u ask me. Blake is insanely athletic but very little creativity so he's not much fun in a dunk contest anyway. All those dunkers jump outta the gym so I'm pretty excited to watch. It's the worst when they put 7 footers like Amare and Dwight in the dunk contest with no agility or hangtime. Derozen woulda been a nice addition but he's pissed about getting robbed last year.

4doorj
02-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan
Not a bad list of dunkers if u ask me. Blake is insanely athletic but very little creativity so he's not much fun in a dunk contest anyway. All those dunkers jump outta the gym so I'm pretty excited to watch. It's the worst when they put 7 footers like Amare and Dwight in the dunk contest with no agility or hangtime. Derozen woulda been a nice addition but he's pissed about getting robbed last year.
Yup I was choked about derozen. His dunks were amazing! He totally got robbed. To bad we didn't get to see what he would of used in the finals. I wish he joined this year.

sexualbanana
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan

I thought Dwight was awesome in the dunk contests. Some of his dunks were monstrously athletic.

Yup I was choked about derozen. His dunks were amazing! He totally got robbed. To bad we didn't get to see what he would of used in the finals. I wish he joined this year.

Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly a well kept secret that Blake was going to win that dunk contest regardless of whether he deserved it or not.

I've seen some sick dunks by Chandler Parsons of the Rockets, so now I'm curious if Parsons is much of a dunker at all. Given, Budinger is pretty good though.

sexualbanana
02-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh, and on a completely unrelated but still fun to share story....

In my 13-14 season in NBA 2K12, the #1 Heat have a 3-0 lead on the #7 Pistons (both teams have rosters largely unchanged from this year) in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Pistons win the series. Who says video games aren't real? :rofl: