PDA

View Full Version : CommonWealth Bar - Rant

Kobe
12-11-2011, 05:22 PM
- No idea what the hype is about this place, my buddy inside said it wasn't even that busy and they were very dissapointed as well.

- To get on a guestlist there right now you need to call 6 weeks in advance.. Like really?

- Keep it up commonwealth, and keep running the establishment the way you guys are and you will be like every other club in Calgary...

Rat Fink
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM

Scat E46
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
I was at 1410 myself, packed. It was a nice night there.

Kobe
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
People stand in line for 2 hours like sheep to give their money to someone?

Fuck that. I must be out of touch with things. House parties FTW

Exactly why I never go out to the clubs in Calgary anymore, its stupid.. I would rather be at 1410 or Jacks then there but it was my buddies birthday.

Originally posted by Scat E46
I was at 1410 myself, packed. It was a nice night there.

1410 was awesome, the girl/guy ratio was great! hahaha, there was just tables full of girls.

You're not the short little elf guy that was there by any chance? He ended up talkin 2 me afterwards at Mcdonalds hahaha..

nismodrifter
12-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
People stand in line for 2 hours like sheep to give their money to someone?

Fuck that. I must be out of touch with things. House parties FTW

+1 Fuck that.

Used to go out in NYC every weekend, wait like 5 mins max. If Calgary establishments think they are special they can eat my tutti.

adidas
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
You state you arent mad at the bouncers or management, so who exactly are u blaming, the washroom guy? The management calls all the shots when they are present(within 10ft of the door, otherwise its the doorman). If anything the doorman dont know line control, but when people grease you, i dont care how long the regular peeps wait in line.

l/l/rX
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
It's a good, fun club when you do get in though. :thumbsup:

adamc
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
yeah my group (12) rolled in there late, sometime after midnight, huge line not moving at all

thankfully our group was 9 girls and 3 guys, and two of the girls have staff VIP cards. So we just waltzed up and walked right in, bypassed a lot of pissed off looking people. Felt kinda bad. :dunno: :D

There was a great ratio of girls/guys in there, but the douche factor was super high - why do all the good spots get overrun by the too much hair gel and tight shirts crowd?

Wasn't really feeling the music (kinda top40ish upstairs, hiphop down).

Venue itself is beautiful though, can't wait to see a band there.

As a club, doesn't live up to the hype and wouldn't line up to get in there.

l/l/rX
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by adamc
yeah my group (12) rolled in there late, sometime after midnight, huge line not moving at all

thankfully our group was 9 girls and 3 guys, and two of the girls have staff VIP cards. So we just waltzed up and walked right in, bypassed a lot of pissed off looking people. Felt kinda bad. :dunno: :D

There was a great ratio of girls/guys in there, but the douche factor was super high - why do all the good spots get overrun by the too much hair gel and tight shirts crowd?

Wasn't really feeling the music (kinda top40ish upstairs, hiphop down).

Venue itself is beautiful though, can't wait to see a band there.

As a club, doesn't live up to the hype and wouldn't line up to get in there.

Saturdays music is very hipster like and weird. I don't like it there on Saturdays, thursday and friday is a lot of old school hip hop.

Ryan Shawcross
12-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Phone the fire dept and complain about the capacity being exceeded. Phone your alderman too.

Grogador
12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Just don't go, don't wanna see your type there anyway :drama:

sillysod
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I used to bounce at the Palace back in the day when I was going to university. Did it for 3 months and decided that was enough.

The money was great but the politics and other bs going on there was horrible. As a bouncer you pretty much decide who you want to let in or not. I know the guy that worked with me used to see guys and for whatever reason say they aren't getting in tonight and we would make them stand outside all night.

It was so stupid. I felt like a complete douche bag, and the worst thing is the other guys all go off on it. It was like some kind of funny joke to make people stand there all night. I always just looked at it as some guys that want to go in, spend some money and have some fun, but these assholes always took it as some power trip.

After the club closed all sorts of shenanigans would go on, I went one time and it was completely fucked up. Going to university, trying to pay for school, I quickly decided it was not for me and would leave as soon as the club closed at night.

To this day I have a tough time going to a club and dealing with the bouncers. They treat people like clowns, then go home to their shitty appartments, get high, if they're lucky fuck some piece of random bar tail and then sleep till 4pm. Next day ...repeat. Might be fun for a few weeks or so I guess, but there were guys there that did it for years.