PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had a unexplained metabolism increase?

Neil4Speed
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Kind of bizarre question I know, and I documented a fair bit of my weight loss on a thread here a while ago. Now, I am kind of experiencing an odd situation where I'm having a difficulty putting on weight and have been dropping pretty steadily in spite of eating allot, working out (pushing the same weight I was when I was 30 pounds heavier).

I was watching my diet pretty fiercely when I was ~185, till about 165-170, but started eating normally again and now I have dropped down to 151, which is way too low for my liking.

I'm starting a 5X5 routine which I'm excited about, and really focusing on eating good meals lately, but the whole situation is still a bit bizarre.

Anyone had an unexplained increase in metabolism?

Unknown303
12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
You should get some blood tests done asap....

Neil4Speed
12-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
You should get some blood tests done asap....

I did recently. I should mention that I don't feel any more fatigue or anything out of the ordinary otherwise.

revelations
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I did recently. I should mention that I don't feel any more fatigue or anything out of the ordinary otherwise.

Yea, I have had an metabolic increase.

I have not changed anything as far as my routines but I wonder if it coincided with the cold weather/change in season? (maybe not as attentive last few years to this).

BigMass
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, in my mid 30s and everyone thought I had cancer because I lost like 30 lbs. Most of it muscle too because I stopped doing weights. My metabolism varies almost daily depending on what I do. I can feel it in terms of how often I get hungry. The more exercise I do, the hungrier I get. The less I do, the less hungry I am. Also the cleaner I eat the more my body responds. If my calorie intake is from junk it confuses my body and sometimes I’ll feel hungry even though I just took in 1000 calories worth of cheeseburgers. Not to mention the high sodium and chemicals you get from eating junk that make you bloated. If you’re worried tell your doctor. I’d recommend counting calories too because you might be taking in less than you think and if you’re active and not getting enough calories you will lose weight. It’s simple math really. But nothing wrong with that if you’re feeling good. Being healthy strong and skinny, what could be better.

sevewone
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
How tall are you? I think that's average weight for 5'8

zipdoa
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Are you supplementing with anything?

Unknown303
12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

I was originally going to go with an aids joke but didn't know how that would pan out....

Neil4Speed
12-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

I was originally going to go with an aids joke but didn't know how that would pan out....

MKTh7zBIcrM

Aids jokes are pretty tough to pull off.

But in all seriousness, thanks for the input everyone. I'm about 5'9 for reference.

sevewone
12-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by sevewone
How tall are you? I think that's average weight for 5'8

Are you super skinny?

colinxx235
12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
I had a very similar thing happen to me in 3rd year university.

I'm 5'9. I was going super hard in the gym, weighed about 185-189 range. In August I got lazer eye surgery done, took the few recommended weeks off the gym. Then kind of got lazy as I was a little too big and school picked up.

By january I weighed 150-153 lbs typically. Parents got super worried and doctor/tests didn't find anything wrong. Eventually a year or so later my weight balanced out to its normal 170 range. To this day I still can't explain what happened...