PDA

View Full Version : 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Trailer

Sykes
12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
You know... as ridiculous and outrageous the first one was, I think I'm going to see this one :burnout:

bSX2oxLdcWA

LongCity
12-13-2011, 03:37 AM
Rocky Maivia? :clap: haha
Is it me or is Duke pretty absent in this?

revelations
12-13-2011, 09:42 AM
lol... Bruce Willis at the end.

Looks like a lot better action movie than the spastic Bayformers 3

GOnSHO
12-13-2011, 10:26 AM
looks so awesome!!

JordanEG6
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
lol what?

Where did the rest of the characters go? They are missing at least 5 that were pretty crucial in the first one.

403Gemini
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Actually, this looks WAY better than the first one. I'll actually see this one in theatres. Doesn't have their retarded super suits... Also I like Dwayne Johnson.

Cos
12-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol looks interesting. Should be really good but not sure how accurate to G.I. Joe it is going to be.

403Gemini
12-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Lol looks interesting. Should be really good but not sure how accurate to G.I. Joe it is going to be.

I've learned to just give up on any form of accuracy between the product we had as kids to the general trash they're putting out now. I'm not saying the stories or anything were spellbinding when we were younger, but it generally wasn't so over the top.

Vagabond142
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
I just hope that Scalet is in it :love:

;)

This does indeed look like a kickass popcorn movie, so hell yeah I'll see it :D Check your brain at the door and enjoy! ^_^

kevie88
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
HISS tanks? sweet

BokCh0y
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Hopefully this one is all action and not a romantic comedy like the last one.

YAY for no Marlon Wayon!!! What a joke the last movie was.

SCHIDER23
12-17-2011, 08:33 AM
:thumbsup: looking forward to this one :D

Team_Mclaren
12-17-2011, 05:15 PM
This and Expendables 2!!!! :drool:

black13
12-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Looks alot more enjoyable the first! Bring it on!

drtoohotty1
04-07-2013, 08:01 PM
good lord just got out of this movie and am still thinking:confused: wtf did i just watch it felt like 3 different directors took parts of the movie and smashed it together to form retaliation...

403Gemini
04-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by drtoohotty1
good lord just got out of this movie and am still thinking:confused: wtf did i just watch it felt like 3 different directors took parts of the movie and smashed it together to form retaliation...

That's not far from the truth. The movie was written, ready to come out - then Magic Mike came out and Channing Tatum became 'THE GUY WE NEED' so they re-wrote/re-shot most of the movie, so that's why the flow probably seemed terrible. He was supposed to die in the beginning if I recall

Inzane
04-08-2013, 09:05 AM

I enjoyed it. I thought it was much better than the first.

Sure, its not oscar quality. But I felt it delivered on what a GI-Joe movie should. It checked most of the boxes for me.

Some of the costumes and portrayals were closer to their origins, there were some cool vehicles reminscient of the toys we had in the 80s, and the action set pieces were pretty damn cool. (eg. the mountain fight with ninjas).

All the 'extra' scenes added with Channing at the beginning while often funny were mostly unnecessary. That time could've been better served more fully exploring the plotting by cobra, rather than oh by the way here's our big rule-the-world scheme, which starts and ends over the course of a few minutes.

Casting approvals: Dwayne Johnson as Roadblock, Ray Stevenson as Firefly, and the chick playing Lady Jaye :thumbsup:

Disapprovals: the guy they picked for Flint. :thumbsdow

bleu
04-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I recently saw this movie and thought it was pretty good as well.

drtoohotty1
04-09-2013, 06:02 PM
My biggest gripe on top of all the little gripes was the treatment of destro like WTF main character before 4 seconds of screen time now...

1-Bar
04-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by 403Gemini

That's not far from the truth. The movie was written, ready to come out - then Magic Mike came out and Channing Tatum became 'THE GUY WE NEED' so they re-wrote/re-shot most of the movie, so that's why the flow probably seemed terrible. He was supposed to die in the beginning if I recall

Agreed.....what a waste of time and money. Movie was one idea jumping to the next. Althought Lady Jaye made it almost worth the pain....