PDA

View Full Version : Fuck UPS!!!

Pages : [1] 2

kvg
12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Today I see a UPS truck in front of my house and I walk to the door as a delivery person puts a package down outside my door and turns to walk away. This has been happening to me repeatedly and a couple weeks ago a friend sent me something from the US and when paying shipping asked if there would be any further charges and was told no, so it arrives and the want $35 on a $50 item after he paid $25 shipping and to return it to the sender the will charge as well! So I call UPS after this indecent today and they tell me it's the drivers discretion to leave the package outside the front door or not. I tell her the driver wasn't even going to attempt to properly deliver it and that the package had jewelery in it!!!! We talk for another few minutes and the line went dead she hung up on me!!! I am amazed at the low level of service I have received repeatedly and no attempts to resolve any of my issues with their service.

Mar
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Are you new? I won't use UPS.

Also, if you're asking the company if there will be additional charges from UPS. how the hell would they know? If I'm shipping you something, I don't know if UPS is going to charge you more.

chkolny541
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
nothing new....

CanmoreOrLess
12-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Everyone uses UPS once, a fool is a repeat customer. I had to go to the depot for a pick up the first time, made the session all the more bitter.

I will not buy from a company that does not give an option to using UPS.

403Gemini
12-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Sadly thats why when I order stuff off ebay i make sure its USPS not UPS. Pretty bad when the general mail system is more reliable than the other options

jdmXSI
12-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I was quite shocked today, I had 8 boxes delivered to me by UPS (2nd time using UPS) and since i live in an apptartment building with a non-working buzzer, I left a note say "Attn UPS please call my cell @ 403-***-****" and sure enough they did! I originally thought the worst but was quite surprised how well it turned out:nut:

bourge73
12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
USPC or Fed-Ex. UPS?I won't even buy a thing, F them.

BokCh0y
12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
Everyone uses UPS once, a fool is a repeat customer. I had to go to the depot for a pick up the first time, made the session all the more bitter.

I will not buy from a company that does not give an option to using UPS.

THIS.

I won't use UPS for anything. If the joint i am buying stuff from doesn't use anyone but UPS, then I will not buy.

pf0sh0
12-13-2011, 06:45 PM
If I have to ship... DHL :dunno:

silviak91
12-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
USPC or Fed-Ex. UPS?I won't even buy a thing, F them.
+1 Ups sucks

master hec0
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
What I don't understand is how they stay in business if everybody seems to unanimously agree that they are shit.

I have also have negative reviews about fees exceeding the value of the item and sending it back.

max_boost
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
They were just on Global TV consumer watch.

TomcoPDR
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
They were just on Global TV consumer watch.
Might help if u tell us what they're talking about.

Z_Fan
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
LOL, I had UPS leave $2k worth of rims and tires sitting on my front steps a few years ago. No door bell ring. No knock. No nothing. Just here are your wheels & tires and you can fucking well pray no one steals them. :dunno:

I don't get it.

sr20s14zenki
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
I heard FedEX and UPS were joining...going to call it FedUP

badap PSSHH

takkyu
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
The $35 is their 'convenience' fee for pulling the package across the border without going through customs. Especially around this time of year.

K3RMiTdot
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

+1 UPS is shit

xnvy
12-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0
:werd: , I prefer DHL to everything else but I'll use FedEX and USPS if I have to.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
I heard FedEX and UPS were joining...going to call it FedUP

badap PSSHH :clap:

Mar
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by master hec0
What I don't understand is how they stay in business if everybody seems to unanimously agree that they are shit.

I have also have negative reviews about fees exceeding the value of the item and sending it back.
If I was running a business where delivery times needed to be guaranteed, I would use them, regardless of the cost. USPS is less reliable, just doesn't matter to the average consumer.

swak
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Ive dealt with all the major couriers, and the only one i will deal with is Canada Post. The best by far....

If for some reason i cant, FedEx is a close second.

syritis
12-14-2011, 05:59 AM
I've had nothing buy great service from canadian freight or same day delivery. A+ on both of them

darthVWader
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
PKUDTPbDhnA

Sugarphreak
12-20-2011, 03:30 PM

thetransporter
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
that is pretty bad..we once had UPS leave a package on the door on my house (lots of traffic) huge box that contained a 1000 dollar intel CPU (i7)

TaiChino
12-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Most of the privately owned UPS stores are useless cunts too.

/////AMG
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Doesn't shipping via these companies require signature? Tell them it wasn't delivered and tell em to pay out on the insurance.

Hit them where it hurts.

n1zm0
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
LOL, I had UPS leave $2k worth of rims and tires sitting on my front steps a few years ago. No door bell ring. No knock. No nothing. Just here are your wheels & tires and you can fucking well pray no one steals them. :dunno:

I don't get it.

i had them leave my at the time brand new SGS in its box under a full 40lbs potted plant - like the guy literally put my phone's packing box down - lifted up this 40lbs pot of flowers and laid it to rest on top, glad the structure of the box was high quality. maybe it's because we don't have an awning or a door mat out front?:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/46c5e749-0b9d-4cce-89e2-31cce98f4a47.jpg

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/23/032310-005-clever-ups-disguise-big1.jpg

http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Great-hiding-job-UPS.jpg

for my work we exclusively only use FedEx, on time 98% of the time everytime.

hurrdurr
12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Fucking UPS is annoying.

I ordered a package USPS and it never showed up, so the vendor decided to overnight me a replacement order - UPS (unbeknown to me).

Value (~25)

When it arrived I had to pay $17 for the package.

It's highway fucking robbery

TKRIS
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
I recently swapped guitars with a guy in Ontario. I shipped FedEx insured for $38. He shipped UPS insured for $87. I was amazed that the price difference was so huge, since they're direct competitors. I have no idea how UPS can stay in business in this country when Canada Post and Fedex deliver at least as good a service (which is to say, fairly shitty), but do it at less than half the cost.

JordanEG6
12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
UPS is garbage. I will never use them again. I paid $130 for brokerage once. That's one of the problems and BS I've had to deal with them.

Maybelater
12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
People are complaing about UPS leaving expensive stuff in front of there house, isn't that the point of signature on delivery? Isn't it up to you to let them know you don't want stuff left at the door?

I'm not calling anyone out, I just thought that is how it worked...

JordanEG6
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Maybelater
People are complaing about UPS leaving expensive stuff in front of there house, isn't that the point of signature on delivery? Isn't it up to you to let them know you don't want stuff left at the door?

I'm not calling anyone out, I just thought that is how it worked...

I think one of the problems is that, they don't even bother ringing the doorbell to deliver the package. They just leave it there.

Sig confirmation, IIRC, costs extra and if you're going to be home to receive the package, they should do their job and deliver it to the recipient properly by knocking on the door at the very least.

Canada Post has gotten lazy too, they drop everything off at the PO and leave the slips in the communal mail box, instead of delivering it to the houses.

Sugarphreak
12-21-2011, 01:17 PM

Cooked Rice
12-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
I recently swapped guitars with a guy in Ontario. I shipped FedEx insured for $38. He shipped UPS insured for $87. I was amazed that the price difference was so huge, since they're direct competitors. I have no idea how UPS can stay in business in this country when Canada Post and Fedex deliver at least as good a service (which is to say, fairly shitty), but do it at less than half the cost.

You probably shipped with FedEx Ground which is completely different than Express other than the CEO of the 2. FedEx Ground drivers are basically all contracted. They own their own trucks and get paid per package they deliver. UPS owns their vehicles and drivers get paid on the clock, and so does FedEx Express.

FedEx Express transports Canada Post US bound Expresspost/EMS packages and US letter mail to their respective US Postal Hubs. Canada Post Priority is forwarded to FedEx Express and is handled exclusively as FedEx Express package once it leaves the post office.

Purolator also handles Canadian lettermail among other inter-canada post products as well as domestic UPS express product too.

403Gemini
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
So it's about 10 after 7, I ordered a mouse from mem-ex since the stores were sold out but their online shop had some. Got the email from memex confirming my order, and also confirming my worst fears - UPS is delivering. So I rescheduled some appointments today and worked from home and no delivery. When I went out tonight to pick up dinner the girlfriend stayed home in case they stopped by. Nothing. I check the order and it says in transit-on time and that they are delivering today, then I read this little gem:

Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences...

What the fuck does "and sometimes later" mean? These jack assess can't even live up to the punctuality of a 10 hour window. Christ , when I set an appointment to meet with a client and I'm 5 minutes late i call and apologize. I'm not saying I need an EXACT time of when they'll be here but this is ridiculous. I'm stacked with appointments tomorrow since I rescheduled everything so if they don't make it tonight I'll likely miss them tomorrow. How are they still in business?

J-hop
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by darthVWader
PKUDTPbDhnA

UPS did the same thing to a turbo I ordered....

HiTempguy1
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

What the fuck does "and sometimes later" mean?

I once ordered a set of rims from the TireRack. They were delivered at something crazy like 7 or 8 o'clock in the evening, good thing I was working on my car at the time :nut:

403Gemini
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
LTlLOF2moxY

I just did that notification thing on their website asking about delays etc on my order, this is the email i got back

Tracking Detail
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 03/01/2012
Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 03/01/2012
Shipped To: CALGARY,AB,CA
Shipped/Billed On: 30/12/2011
Service: UPS Standard®
Weight: 2.00 Lbs

I think they don't quite understand what "On Time" means. I'd be fine if it said "delivery expected 03/01/2012 - delay, delivery in evening" or something more specific.

403Gemini
01-03-2012, 08:56 PM
So, sitting upstairs in my living room on my laptop I hear a low rumble outside and I peak out the blinds and finally see the UPS truck pull up. I go grab my dog and put her in the bedroom so she won't go ape shit and try and sneak out while I open the door (normally shes fine, but shes a small black dog and I dont like taking my chances lol), so I come back downstairs, no more than maybe 15-20 seconds and I hear the rumble start fading.

No doorbell, no door knock , so I peak out the window again and the truck is driving away.

I open the door and there is my package, sitting right on the stairs with my front light on... what if I wasn't home or in my basement? Anybody walking by could have taken it.

What a joke. I seriously hate that company more than almost any other company on this planet.

BlackArcher101
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
UPS left a package at a door in Edmonton, only to have it stolen. Captured on camera.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e5a_1325622757

Funny that the thief knew exactly where and when to go get it.

botox
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
$46 brokerage on a $115 item + $25 shipping Boo :thumbsdow would of declined the package but it was an Xmas present. I've been avoiding UPS for years but forgot this one time.

Tik-Tok
01-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
UPS left a package at a door in Edmonton, only to have it stolen. Captured on camera.

Funny that the thief knew exactly where and when to go get it.

Not difficult to follow a UPS truck, not exactly an incognito vehicle, and everyone knows delivery guys do this on a daily basis.

flipstah
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Fuck UPS? Fuck Purolator.

They lost my package (grad photos) because they just left it outside as per the shipper's agreements.

Funny part was, my parents were home and didn't get a doorbell.

Now I can't send it to my grandparents in Asia. Fuck you, Purolator.

December 19th had high winds. FML.

Sugarphreak
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM

kvg
01-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Nice!!:rofl:

Mibz
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
My study window looks at our front door. On Tuesday I saw the UPS guy walk up, put the package in my mailbox and then, simultaneously, ring the bell, knock on the door, say "UPS" and turn to jog back to the van.

Not that I'm upset, I just think it's hilarious how efficient he was.

dandia89
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
UPS workers are scared of social contact

Shax
01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Just got back from Mexico yesterday, found the package that UPS said wouldn't be at my door until the end of January sitting on my door step. Looked up the tracking number and it was delivered the middle of last week.

I am not sure if I should be mad it was sitting out on the step for half a week or happy that it was delivered 3 weeks early. :dunno:

Kritafo
01-08-2012, 02:13 PM
i had a parcel that was in Calgary the 27th on the truck for delivery on the 28 and it didn't arrive to my house until Fri Jan 6 at 5:30 in the afternoon. Everyday the tracking # said on truck for delivery.

msommers
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
UPS - Expensive, leave shit on my front door. Deliveries have always made it though.

Fedex - Average pricing, packages get there on time. Can pick up.

DHL - Average pricing, packages get there on time, NO FUCKING PICKUP LOCATION. Instead I have to arrange a time that never seems to work or leave money in my mailbox...

USPS/CP - All I ever use and try to get others to use. Cheap, never had a failed delivery and I can pick up the package that night with no issue.

swak
01-08-2012, 03:59 PM
... as well Greyhound is good for shipping large stuff for cheap. Just no delivery.

msommers
01-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Fucking UPS leaving more shit on my front door. I swear to God they don't ring the doorbell or follow the instructions I very clearly gave them. Have their hiring policies changed to hire only complete imbeciles?

kvg
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Fucking UPS did it again! My wife ordered a $130 text book online and UPS left the book on my porch even though I was home.

Fuck UPS

JudasJimmy
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
I hate it when they don't leave it at the door. Who wants to go down there stand in line to pick up $125 item? Cost me more than that on gas/time. The chances of ups losing/destroying your package is a lot greater than someone stealing it from your door. Can’t please everyone I guess.

codetrap
02-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by swak
... as well Greyhound is good for shipping large stuff for cheap. Just no delivery.

That's not true. I just had greyhound deliver some stuff to the house. Had to pay a couple bucks extra for the courier fee though.

OriginalGoods
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I never ship with ups ever! by far the worst company i have had to deal with sending parts to other car enthusiasts across the boarder. :thumbsdow

Z_Fan
02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by kvg
Fucking UPS did it again! My wife ordered a $130 text book online and UPS left the book on my porch even though I was home.

Fuck UPS

They did this to me today. Vehicle parked on driveway. Was home and on main level.

Didn't even ring the bell today. Fuckers.

Sometimes when I've got large packages, they ring and run!

:whipped:

HiTempguy1
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM
As a small update to this:

I was really talking to a friend who owns a retail business selling racing equipment.

What he does is he gets parts he brings in shipped to the border (since everyone and their mother in the States ships for free anywhere within the USofA) to a broker. The broker charges a flat fee of $30 for essentially a pallet, and then the costs to ship to Calgary.

He told me (for instance) 6 Peltor rally helmets cost $30 to broker in (for all of them), and then $9 each to ship to Calgary.

I didn't ask him the name of the company/person, but I really should.

canadian_hustla
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Question for you guys...

Should UPS be charging you brokerage fee on the cost of shipping and handling?

I.E. say you buy something from the US and:

1) cost of the item is $90.00
2) cost of shipping and handling is $50.00

does that mean you should be charged:

brokerage and GST on the $90.00?

OR

brokerage and GST on the full $140.00?

** time and time again I am charged on the full $140.00... so I just want to know what you guys think

thanks!

sevewone
02-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan

They did this to me today. Vehicle parked on driveway. Was home and on main level.

Didn't even ring the bell today. Fuckers.

Sometimes when I've got large packages, they ring and run!

:whipped:

If you have a roof over your front door I don't see why you would be concerned if they leave it at your front door. whenever I have to pick up files or books left by ups it is always in a water proof bag as well.

badatusrnames
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

If you have a roof over your front door I don't see why you would be concerned if they leave it at your front door. whenever I have to pick up files or books left by ups it is always in a water proof bag as well.

Maybe so it doesn't get stolen?

Graham_A_M
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
No their not. They quoted me $350 to ship a mountain bike down to Houston. Another company (cough. UPS.. cough) quoted me less then half that.

Personally I hate UPS to, but I had to use them for this, as FedEx's airport depot seems to be missing in action. :dunno:

sevewone
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Maybe so it doesn't get stolen?

My comment was mainly directed to the guys complaining of being home when it was dropped off at the front door. Packages don't get stolen from front doors, that's just being paranoid :)

swak
02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

No their not. They quoted me $350 to ship a mountain bike down to Houston. Another company (cough. UPS.. cough) quoted me less then half that.

Personally I hate UPS to, but I had to use them for this, as FedEx's airport depot seems to be missing in action. :dunno:

Bastards! But i definitely can't believe UPS was cheaper.

I bought some subs+box from NJ in '07 and the idiot shipped UPS. When i got it, box was mangled to fuck, one sub was punctured from this (and UPS' insurance refused to cover it), and then they charged me ~$100-120 for customs fees.

I never will, and have never since then used UPS again.

Originally posted by sevewone

My comment was mainly directed to the guys complaining of being home when it was dropped off at the front door. Packages don't get stolen from front doors, that's just being paranoid :)

This

msommers
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Yet again, UPS can't follow simple instructions. Not only that, but UPS wants me to call ahead when the shipping notice is sent out to remind them of the shipping note I have on the fucking package! Double fail!

canadian_hustla
03-08-2012, 07:21 PM
bump

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
Question for you guys...

Should UPS be charging you brokerage fee on the cost of shipping and handling?

I.E. say you buy something from the US and:

1) cost of the item is $90.00
2) cost of shipping and handling is $50.00

does that mean you should be charged:

brokerage and GST on the $90.00?

OR

brokerage and GST on the full $140.00?

** time and time again I am charged on the full $140.00... so I just want to know what you guys think

thanks!

bart
03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
i thought brokerage was built into the price if you ship priority? but also i heard this was not the case anymore... :dunno:

cant you do your own brokerage? it's not like i asked UPS to do my brokerage for me

Q-TIP
03-10-2012, 05:09 PM
You need to have your own brokerage set up with UPS and it only works if the sender uses your UPS account to send the package. My family business sends thousands of packages back and forth from the US using UPS. They really are the most cost effective for small business.

georgemagana
03-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by bart
i thought brokerage was built into the price if you ship priority? but also i heard this was not the case anymore... :dunno:

cant you do your own brokerage? it's not like i asked UPS to do my brokerage for me

No or at least it wasnt last year when I payed $500 + like $50 on shipping + $ 99 on brokerage fee. Biggest bullshit on my entire life, I almost killed the ups guy ! Dont ever use UPS, just call the place you are buying and make them send it through USPS

canadian_hustla
03-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana

No or at least it wasnt last year when I payed $500 + like $50 on shipping + $ 99 on brokerage fee. Biggest bullshit on my entire life, I almost killed the ups guy ! Dont ever use UPS, just call the place you are buying and make them send it through USPS

Dude, if you think that is bad... (Fedex story)

I bought something that was $89.00USD. Shipping was $48.00, OK I am fine with that
Brokerage was another $46.00 (the seller put the total declared goods as $137.00) which is why I was asking if the brokerage should have been included or not.

Recount:
GOODS: $89.00USD
S/H: $48.00
Sub Total = $137.00 uSD
BROKERAGE+BULLSHIT FEES: $46.00

TOTAL: $183.00USD

GOODS: $89.00USD
SHIPPING+BROKERAGE: $94.00USD

talk about getting it up the a$$...

OH and, they tried to deliver two different times (I wasn't home)... so I had to go all the way to the building on Aviation Blvd.

msommers
07-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Ordered a pair of cycling pants valued at $48.42USD

Worldwide expedited shipping to get it here: $34.00USD
Customs/brokerage/bond: $21.56CND

Now here's the kicker. I called UPS and asked again about their costs and laid out the scenario that if I used their slowest, cheapest method possible how much would the cust/brok/bond fee be. Well guess what, $4x.xx (I stopped listening when he said $40). That's not even including shipping. Now that's fucking highway robbery and slower to boot.

I think I've gotten to the point where I will simply not buy from a company if they refuse to use another shipper. I just cannot support a company like UPS for residential service when USPS is just as fast, reliable and significantly cheaper.

swak
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Ordered a pair of cycling pants valued at $48.42USD

Worldwide expedited shipping to get it here: $34.00USD
Customs/brokerage/bond: $21.56CND

Now here's the kicker. I called UPS and asked again about their costs and laid out the scenario that if I used their slowest, cheapest method possible how much would the cust/brok/bond fee be. Well guess what, $4x.xx (I stopped listening when he said $40). That's not even including shipping. Now that's fucking highway robbery and slower to boot.

I think I've gotten to the point where I will simply not buy from a company if they refuse to use another shipper. I just cannot support a company like UPS for residential service when USPS is just as fast, reliable and significantly cheaper.

I fully condone this post!! (minus the buying bike shorts online :whipped: haha)

This so much, i too will shop elsewhere if said company ships with UPS. Want nothing to do with them...

86max
07-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I refuse to shop with companies that use UPS, but sometimes you get the odd shipper that ignores your request, or just uses them because they think it's faster and will cost you less.

They've damaged probably half of everything they've ever transported for me, 'misplaced' a few items they won't admit to, and raked in an insane amount of additional fees from me over the years.

You can only yell at the UPS representative or make a self-promise to lob grenades into the brown truck so many times before you realize it's just a shipping company that sucks at what they do, and there's nothing you can do about it except avoid them.

narou
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Last time I dealt with these shitheads they told me to ship UPS air to avoid their bull shit border charges.

They tried to justify charging me half of the value of my item by saying they aren't Canada Post blah blah blah. When I pointed out that other couriers don't charge bogus fees they had nothing to say.

They just reduced my charges by $15, said they wouldn't do that ever again and suggested using UPS Air next time.

kaput
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM

msommers
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM

I fully condone this post!! (minus the buying bike shorts online :whipped: haha)

Even after all the UPS bologne, they were $100 vs $160 here in town :nut:

Originally posted by narou
They just reduced my charges by $15, said they wouldn't do that ever again and suggested using UPS Air next time.

UPS Air charges a bond fee instead of brokerage (min. $10) and duty of course. The jist I got out of the customer service rep. was that air is the way to go (if you are forced UPS) because it's faster and in UPS land, cheaper.

Grogador
07-09-2012, 10:29 PM
How to self-clear your shipments with the CBSA:

http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-brokerage-fees-total-scam-fraud-cheating-avoid-it/ (read some of the latest comments/experiences)

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/beating-cross-border-brokerage-fees-1.762619

I'm still reading through it all, but about to try it with a FedEx package that has $10bux tagged on...

Edit: just gonna pay the FedEx invoice due to certain "irregularities" in the Chinese paperwork. Clearing it would not be advantageous :nut:

msommers
07-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow! I want to order an item just to try this :rofl:

$19.31 to $1.37. Fucking crooks.

chibwack
07-10-2012, 07:00 AM
I just got some cfa textbooks from ups yesterday. They turned up in Calgary Monday of last week, which I had off work so I stayed in all day waiting. No buzz, nothing, and then I see that a "first attempt has been made", and sure enough there's a slip on my box that says to pick itup at a ups store about 15 minutes away. First peeve right there, I didn't pay to have to get it myself. But I go on Tuesday as per instructions and it's not there. Fuck, whatever. I come back Thursday, still not there. At this point I'm getting nervous about the 5 bus day holding period. I go again Friday AND Saturday, and still not there. Finally on the tracking site, Sunday night, it tells me it's been dropped off at the store. What the fuck, did it just sit in the delivery truck all week?

J-hop
07-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Just had some bolts I needed arrive in Calgary that I've been waiting over a month for. I looked at the tracking record and somehow the bolts went to Winnipeg twice and then back to the US only to be sent to Winnipeg a third time and finally to Calgary!?!?!?

And to boot I wasnt home and there are charges on the package so they left a note with my "infonotice" number on it. It says to use the infonotice number to change the delivery so I can have them hold it for pick up. But then I go to the site and enter the infonotice number and it says it doesn't exist.....:facepalm:

86max
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
http://gamer-way.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/logo_turd.png

kvg
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
^ Love it

idriveabox
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
bump

So say I wanted to buy $350 worth of suspension from a seller in the US for my car. These are fully assembled struts/springs so pretty heavy. Sellers charging $350 shipped (confirmed to Calgary).

Would you guys only use USPS for this? Will I get screwed with anything else from private seller? :dunno:

403Gemini
08-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd only use USPS because UPS will likely charge you around $200 for shipping with freight and all their bullshit charges

FraserB
08-02-2012, 12:48 PM
I think I win.

Case for my Nexus 7 $19.99
UPS Bullshit $14.41

Graham_A_M
08-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I'd only use USPS because UPS will likely charge you around $200 for shipping with freight and all their bullshit charges yeah if USPS will ship such a large & heavy package then definitely use them. That may be a bit much though.

Darell_n
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Earlier this week I had a clutch pack sent to me (2 lbs) with UPS and they actually called me from the border and asked if I wanted to use UPS for customs or a company of my choice. :thumbsup: I still chose them, as I'm lazy, and paid $22 for $60 in parts.

TravisF79
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
UPS is bad...I just had a bunch of stuff delivered from the states and got charged out the ass for "Brokerage Fee"

So I figured use FedEx for my hood and 2 body kits.....baaad idea as well. They sat at customs for 1 month while trying to get ahold of anyone at FedEx Trades to get clearance done. Almost $400 later for customs and brokerage fees.....I find out that all of it's been charged to my credit card but they had to return one of the body kits because it's been sitting there too long :S

Now they are saying they are just going to return the GST portion of the charges but keep the rest since they did so much work. I'm staying away from both UPS and FedEx now.

DEATH2000
08-03-2012, 01:34 AM
Replacement shock from Koni: Free

Brokerage from UPS: $37.41

Markll7
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM
430 dollar jacket
104 dollar fee

Fuck UPS.

theken
08-03-2012, 08:24 PM
They are gayer than aids

ringmaster
08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
For the UPS haters: http://www.classaction.ca/actions/Consumer-Protection/Current-Actions/United-Parcel-Service-Canada-Ltd-(-UPS-).aspx?caredrected=1

kvg
08-04-2012, 01:54 PM
^Awesome:clap:

CanmoreOrLess
10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Ordered item from the USA, at $800 it is still $400 cheaper than buying in Canada. I tried to leverage the local retailers and they said they were required by the wholesaler in Canada to sell at the $1,200 price. So, USA order in, last night my dog starts barking, never does this, I check the door, no one there. I am home all night.

This morning I find a UPS email stating they tried delivery at about the time my dog was barking. I call UPS to confirm address and out the crap driver, all confirmed within about five minutes and I am cut off as the customer service rep is in mid sentence. So I call back, go through it all again to confirm she has all the right information and she too is cut off mid sentence. I wanted to know the brokerage fees (none listed on the email only "fees will be collected"), this is why I called back the second time. Fees $85 which is fine I guess as I have nothing to compare it to.

I am not calling again. They cannot complete two phone calls (cut off at 6 and 2 mins), how can I expect a completed delivery. Calling the USA company I bought the item from and suggesting they send by another means in the future.

FKUPS!

msommers
10-25-2012, 11:55 AM
I have an amp coming in from the US. The shipper was open to using whoever I wanted so we got online quotes. Because of the value and weight, this thing isn't cheap. USPS and Fedex were about $250+, while UPS was $85. So I'm taking my chances because I looked at their fee table and said if I call ahead once I get the tracking number I could at least avoid the bond fees. Oh ya, brokerage charges, $75 vs. $10 Canada Post charges... anyways.

So I call this morning and the guy says that because I gave them my CC I will able to avoid the COD at the door. Great! Nope. Somehow they're still charging me a bond fee. They're paying the GST and duty for it to be released from customs and therefore placing a bond, even though I gave them my CC to avoid this in the first place!

Now I'm just hoping and praying I don't get raped. Here's hoping..

A reference of fees
http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html?srch_pos=1&srch_phr=bond+fees

CanmoreOrLess
10-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Package arrived:

19.95 GST, 61.45 Brokerage Fee, Brokerage GST 3.07, Total Value for duty 391.84; TOTAL COD 84.11.

I am not sure why the value for duty is $391.84 as the product was nearer $800.00.

The delivery driver said UPS owns the brokerage company and I can get a portion of the fee back by going downtown and filling out a forum. I was rushed on my end and did not get all the details. Anyone have a workaround for this refund?

CanmoreOrLess
10-25-2012, 02:43 PM
It appears this might work (from another forum), too late for me this time:

1) Register on UPS.com for a free login. This is solely to get the USIN. You will see reference number like this 41X7VVVN3AL.

2) Get a copy of commercial invoice either from seller or UPS.

3) Once package is in town (day before delivery), go to CBSA on 2588 27st NE. Explain you have inbound package and would like to pay taxes and obtain B15 form. They accept credit cards including AMEX. Bring the following.

a. Commercial Invoice
b. Tracking # and USIN
c. ID (driverŐs license, etc.)

4) I gave copy of B15 to driver and got the package. Sometimes UPS bills you two months down the road so keep the B15. I found this to be easiest way but you can also go to depot next day or fax it in then reschedule delivery.

Do not bother talking to anyone on the 1-800 number because more often than not you will hear following:
1) No sir you cannot clear package yourself
2) Package will have to go back to Winnipeg/Vancouver/Fort Erie and you have to present yourself
3) We canŐt email you commercial invoice, only fax
4) No we did not receive B15 form in fax

Hi-Psi
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
It appears this might work (from another forum), too late for me this time:

1) Register on UPS.com for a free login. This is solely to get the USIN. You will see reference number like this 41X7VVVN3AL.

2) Get a copy of commercial invoice either from seller or UPS.

3) Once package is in town (day before delivery), go to CBSA on 2588 27st NE. Explain you have inbound package and would like to pay taxes and obtain B15 form. They accept credit cards including AMEX. Bring the following.

a. Commercial Invoice
b. Tracking # and USIN
c. ID (driverŐs license, etc.)

4) I gave copy of B15 to driver and got the package. Sometimes UPS bills you two months down the road so keep the B15. I found this to be easiest way but you can also go to depot next day or fax it in then reschedule delivery.

Do not bother talking to anyone on the 1-800 number because more often than not you will hear following:
1) No sir you cannot clear package yourself
2) Package will have to go back to Winnipeg/Vancouver/Fort Erie and you have to present yourself
3) We canŐt email you commercial invoice, only fax
4) No we did not receive B15 form in fax

This is correct!

kvg
11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Well it happened again with a package a family member had sent to my house :banghead:

msommers
11-26-2012, 11:01 PM
Does having this B15 form and paying the taxes and duties essentially mean you're clearing the item yourself? If not, how would I avoid brokerage/customs fees?