PDA

View Full Version : No accessories after install

SwitchBlade
01-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey all, i just finished installing a cd player in my winter car. The cd player doesnt work unless i have the headlights turned on and if i turn off the lights the deck also turns off. Now my power door locks dont lock/unlock as well as the horn. When i turn on my map light the seatbelt light comes on but the light doesnt.

Anyone have any ideas? Im guessing it has to do something with my 12v constant or maybe a fuse. :dunno:

3G
01-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Most likely have it hooked up on the same wires as your lights.

soupey
01-28-2004, 11:21 AM
prolly fuse...u got wires crossed somewhere, did u change any of the wires around or mess anything up when u swapped the cd player?

SwitchBlade
01-28-2004, 11:36 AM
I doubt i crossed any wires. I bought the harness that connects into the factory harness. All i did was make the connection from the rear of the cd player to the harness i bought. The harness consisted of 4 wires for power and grounding and 8 wires for the speakers. The only wire i didnt use was the 12v constant as it wasnt needed for the cd player. I do remember some sparks coming out of the 12v constant when it touched a piece of metal if that helps.

SwitchBlade
01-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Figured it out i had to wire the orange to the yellow and not the orange to the orange and i think the fuse for the constant 12v is blown.

theken
01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
12v constant should always be needed