PDA

View Full Version : Hip Pain

Rat Fink
12-17-2011, 11:52 PM

project240
12-18-2011, 01:00 AM
One very good exercise for hip flexors is to stand upright and lift one leg in front of you with your knee bent. Rotate that leg outwards and then to the ground. Your feet should end up making a 90 angle. Then go back the other way, lifting your leg to the side and rotating inwards.

I've had back problems for years since high school and 90% of these injuries come either from having a weak core or tight muscles and joints. This exercise helps to loosen up the muscles around your hips and alleviate some of the pain you're experiencing.

Hope this makes sense...

Here are a couple others to try as well...

http://www.back-exercise-and-pain-relief.com/hip-exercises.html

alloroc
12-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I get horrible hip pain sometimes, too much judo, motocross and skiing as a youngun

anyways 2 good stretches that help me a shitton.

1. it hurts but relief is shortly thereafter, gently put bad leg's foot on bed and straighten that leg. Then gently make tension as if someone is gently pulling your leg. (notice i said gently three times hehe.)

2. feet shoulder width apart an do a toe touch or fold your arms above your head if you are really flexible, while 'hanging' for about 50 seconds slowly count to ten 5 times for each relaxation step ... relax in order - neck, upper back, lower back, hips, hamstrings.

The other releif is advil. I love advil hehe.

ExtraSlow
12-18-2011, 08:35 AM
If you are going to your GP on monday, and he doesn't have a good suggestion for you, you may want to check into massage therapy, or a chiropractor.
There are lots of shitty chiros out there, so surf around on rateMD, or the chiro threads on beyond to pick a decent one.

Good luck!

Rat Fink
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Rat Fink
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM

Rat Fink
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM