PDA

View Full Version : Where to get bike painted?

1sanewrx
12-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Hi guys/girls,

Just wondering if you could recommend a good place in Calgary to get bike fairings painted.

I want to do a new look for next season and trying to plan things in advance.

Thanks.

spacerz
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Call Screamin' Paintworks, I'm sure they could do it!

swak
12-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by spacerz
Call Screamin' Paintworks, I'm sure they could do it!

This man speaks the truth.

Probably the best bodyshop in town.

Also, ive known a few guys who have got their fairings done at CMP Classic (GM Dealer in the NE). Theres a guy there, dont know if hes the foreman or not, but they'll take in your bike.

B69
12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
What sort of price would it cost to get the bike painted? Would it be cheaper just to buy new fairings?

spacerz
12-19-2011, 06:00 PM
^ The answer to that question is just a phone call away....Different shops charge different prices.

turbotrip
12-19-2011, 08:36 PM
i got quotes from 500-1200 to paint the fairings

bjstare
12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
If you are looking for a cheaper but decent job, ask around at the shops for someone who does it on their spare time. I know there's a guy in Calgary that does it for cheap, and does a great job. Used him a few years back, russian guy by the name of Johnny.

Also, when I was in Vic I was able to find a guy who painted out of his garage and he did an awesome job, 1 color on all my fairings for $400.

...unless you're looking to make your bike a show bike. If so, ignore me.

Graham_A_M
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM
If you want, I can give you the email for a guy in Kelowna.

Basically for $600 shipped to your door, you can custom design whatever graphics/paint or anything on new plastics.

I'd show you my bike, but I've exceeded my Photobucket bandwidth, so I cant. But it looks pretty damn stellar.
:thumbsup:
Turn around time is about 3 weeks from when you confirm the paint/decal package.