PDA

View Full Version : Hublot Big Bang Jet Li

rage2
12-20-2011, 10:11 AM
Jet Li is China's biggest ambassador, his limited edition Big Bang is finally out.

http://www.hublotforum.com/311.CI.1130.GR.JLI11-lr.jpg

Dalian, December 16, 2011___ – Hublot brought "The Art of Fusion" to Dalian, China today, where it held a grand launch ceremony for its Hublot Jet Li limited edition watch and a breathtaking performance of one hundred Tai Chi performers to promote Chinese Tai Chi culture. Present during the launch were Mr. Ricardo Guadalupe, Managing Director of Hublot, and Mr. Jet Li, Hublot ambassador, internationally renowned movie star, Chinese martial arts champion, philanthropist and social sector leader, as well as the founder of the acclaimed One Foundation.

Jet Li joined the Hublot family in November 2010 to become its first brand ambassador in Asia. The limited edition Hublot Jet Li watch designed together by Jet Li and Hublot will be limited to 200 pieces globally, and features a matte black open-worked skeleton with Chinese screen decoration on the watch face, with an Yin-Yang symbol and the signature of Mr. Jet Li on the back. A portion of future sales will be donated to the One Foundation in order to promote the development of a culture of philanthropy and public service.

Ricardo Guadalupe, Managing Director of Hublot attended the event, commenting that Jet Li is “a true legend of the times”. He added, “The collaboration between Hublot and Jet Li represents an unforgettable fusion of Eastern and Western cultures, marking the very highest position of watches in China, all while making a significant contribution to support charity – a truly invaluable partnership for us. "

Jet Li, with the release of a limited edition watch in his own name, is thrilled with the entire project: "As a world-renowned creator of premier timepieces, Hublot’s fusion of traditional watchmaking art and modern high technology is second to none. I truly admire that as a luxury brand, Hublot also remains incredibly active in its support of charity initiatives worldwide with its “Sharing and Caring” philosophy, sharing its success with individuals who need caring most. "

In the past year, Hublot has successfully raised money for the One Foundation in an ongoing effort to support its various charitable projects, including the "One Paradise" project, which provides recreational facilities and equipment for children in rural China.

In addition to supporting One Foundation’s development, Hublot has supported numerous other causes, such as improving the lives and standard of care for children stricken with HIV. Going forward, Jet Li will be focusing considerable effort on the promotion of Tai Chi culture, promoting Tai Chi to the world through a variety of means. Thus, to celebrate the world premiere of the Hublot Jet Li limited edition watch, a magnificent Tai Chi performance was staged for the audience.

Tai Chi originated in China, and represents a philosophy of balance and harmony in the universe. The integration of the themes of Yin and Yang and Hublot’s "Art of Fusion" are deliberate, as the ideas behind Tai Chi which explain the origin of the universe and those behind Hublot’s iconic product BIG BANG collections are one and the same.

Hublot represents the steadfast connection between space and time through the watchmaking art. The fusion of material gives birth to the miraculous and subtle oscillation representing and materializing what we call "time".

BIG BANG 44 MM "JET LI"
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Reference 311.CI.1130.GR.JLI11
Series Limited to 200 pieces numbered from 01/200 to 200/200
Case 44.5 mm Big Bang in micro-blasted black ceramic
Bezel Micro-blasted black ceramic
6 H-shaped black PVD titanium screws, countersunk, polished & locked
Crystal Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
Bezel Lugs Black composite
Lateral inserts Black composite
Crown Black PVD steel, with black rubber insert
Push-pieces Black PVD steel, rectangular, with black rubber inserts
Case-back Open, in micro-blasted black ceramic
With Yin-Yang crystal and the signature of Mr. Jet Li
Water resistance 10 Atm, i.e. approx. 100 metres
Dial Matt black openworked skeleton, with Chinese screen decoration
Satin-finished indexes with black SuperLuminova™ ruthenium coating
Red minute track transfer
Hands Faceted and polished with black nickel coating, plus black and red SuperLuminova™
Red chronograph hand with H counterpoise
Movement HUB4214 - Aerobang Mechanical Self-Winding Chronograph
Components 257
Jewels 27
Date Sapphire disc with display at 4.30
Oscillating weight Openworked and black PVD coated, tungsten segment
Power reserve Approximately 42 hours
Wristlet Adjustable black rubber and black gummy alligator strap with red stitching.
Clasp Micro-blasted black PVD steel Big Bang deployant buckle, micro-blasted black PVD titanium screws and plate

jampack
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Damn..... Me want!

KRyn
12-20-2011, 10:38 AM
That is a beautiful time piece! rage2 did you order one?

Mibz
12-20-2011, 10:41 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YNh2Xszc7fA/Tl0QlD546cI/AAAAAAAAD0M/E3IPljN8wf0/s1600/vlcsnap-2011-08-30-18h28m09s129.png

"Looks like a gook"

G-ZUS
12-20-2011, 10:45 AM
That's hot:hitit:

benyl
12-20-2011, 10:46 AM
I like Hublots.

What I have always wondered is why the screw faces are always so random and don't line up.

rage2
12-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I like Hublots.

What I have always wondered is why the screw faces are always so random and don't line up.
Because it's not an AP ;).

AP uses their "screws" for display, thus it lines up. Hublot's screws are used to actually screw in the bezel. That's part of their design.

CanmoreOrLess
12-20-2011, 10:54 AM
I need to know the date, as well, those screws would drive me crazy. Rather they had a different screw design, one which does not look so off.

n1zm0
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
the background has that oldschool mainland chinese wall woodworking pattern to it, really cool

JfuckinC
12-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Because it's not an AP ;).

AP uses their "screws" for display, thus it lines up. Hublot's screws are used to actually screw in the bezel. That's part of their design.

if it were true quality their threads would line up :eek:

colinxx235
12-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
I need to know the date, as well, those screws would drive me crazy. Rather they had a different screw design, one which does not look so off.

Isn't the date located where the "7" is shown on the watch?

taemo
12-22-2011, 08:53 AM
nice watch, as soon I read Hublot + Jet Li I immediately thought of the movie The One.
http://www.musicweb-international.com/film/2002/Apr02/The_One.jpg
Love the black/red design, very chinese traditional.

what's the MSRP?

eblend
12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Whats the retail on one of these? Looks sweet

G-ZUS
12-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by eblend

More than you can afford pal, Hublot.

benyl
12-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by eblend

If you have to ask...

eblend
12-22-2011, 11:43 AM

If you have to ask...

I figured it is expensive, but wanted to know a ballpark figure. Remember, this is beyond, for all you know I am in the 95% baller rich category :D

colsankey
12-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Google says ~$20k for similair Big Bangs. Keeping in mind there's only 200 of these, that could go up, but it's a good ballpark.

Type_S1
12-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow...awesome post.

That thing is sweet...to bad your looking at $25,000 for one. Wish I was one of the 95% Big Time beyond ballers who can drop that much on a watch.

BMDUBS
12-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I like Hublots.

I was going to say the same thing, for the $$$$$ the attention to detail is not there... Look at the stitching on the band as well :poosie:

flipstah
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
the background has that oldschool mainland chinese wall woodworking pattern to it, really cool

Right away, it caught my eye too. Very tasteful, Hublot. :)

benyl
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Wow...awesome post.

That thing is sweet...to bad your looking at $25,000 for one. Wish I was one of the 95% Big Time beyond ballers who can drop that much on a watch.

It isn't a question of affordability. It is more to do with whether you want to look good, feel confident and pull chicks. Even the non Beyond ballers should spend money on this watch for the extreme attention to detail and inherent quality of Hublot. It is a higher quality of watch, simply because it costs more!

Type_S1
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM

It isn't a question of affordability. It is more to do with whether you want to look good, feel confident and pull chicks. Even the non Beyond ballers should spend money on this watch for the extreme attention to detail and inherent quality of Hublot. It is a higher quality of watch, simply because it costs more!

Your sarcasm/joke just completely failed, but thanks for trying you know what you should come out again sometime.

Are you saying Hublot is not a high quality watch...that's the jist I get from your sarcasm even though you are trying to relate it to another thread.

Either way this watch looks awesome, the detail on it is nice. You thinking about picking this up Rage?

D'z Nutz
12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Your sarcasm/joke just completely failed

I think the only thing that failed here was your reading comprehension.

ercchry
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
i cant wait till S1 reaches his breaking point, i can feel it coming :rofl:

Cos
12-22-2011, 02:01 PM

Bahaha fucking perfect!

I dont know what clothes to wear with my nice watches. I just usually stick to skate shirts/shoes. I pull mad chicks too.

Type_S1
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
i cant wait till S1 reaches his breaking point, i can feel it coming :rofl:

aha I don't have a breaking point brotha! All the comments on this site are in fun and games so no point taking it serious even though some people seem to. Wrong thread for this nonsense though. This is about Jet Li's watch :drool:

Redlyne_mr2
12-22-2011, 02:15 PM
I always found it interesting how Hublot sort of uses cheesy marketing to sell watches. I could see someone buying a $2000 watch inspired by Jet Li or Lewis Hamilton because it gives them a taste of the luxury life and lets them feel like they're in the same financial class as the person promoting the watch. On a $25 000 watch however I'm sure that person is living the same good life as Jet Li and could care less that his name is on it.

benyl
12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
I would rather have a Chuck Norris Hublot.

msommers
12-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Not a big fan of the dial to be honest. Definitely out of my price range regardless.

Redlyne_mr2
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I would rather have a Chuck Norris Hublot.
:rofl:

I thought time stood still for no man, except Chuck Norris

lilmira
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't need a watch to know what time it is, he controls the universe.