PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour gym

RNB11
12-21-2011, 01:10 AM
Looking for a 24 hour gym close to the se, I know of northgate golds but it's filled with a bunch of juice monkeys and douchebags haha.

Would be awesome if there wasn't a contract and has people who mind there own business!

pf0sh0
12-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Riverbend - Snap Fitness

adidas
12-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Strong contradiction.

"filled with juice monkeys and douchebags" and then you go onto say how "people who mind there own business"

jakes on you and ur fitness goals in 2012

Shlade
12-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Those so called Juice monkeys mind their own business too dude.

Personally id never take them but I see nothing wrong with roids. Its just something to help people get to their fitness goal.

Good luck finding a gym.

TYMSMNY
12-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Downtown.... 24hour Fitness on 1st Ave.

scboss
12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
You will find juice monkeys everywhere. I'd rather have them around me then a bunch of people that sit around and shoot the shit for an hr while on equipment ur waiting for. Golds is a awesome place to workout at just never sign a contract and pay upfront. If your looking for 24 hrs it is the place to be

I've never taken steroid and I'm a personal trainer. I still learn some pretty good things from these guys you call "douchebags"

ReflexFX
12-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Did OP expect to find an awesome 24hr gym filled with scrawny non-"juicemonkeys"?

sexualbanana
12-22-2011, 12:03 AM
McKenzie Gold's
Snap Fitness
World Health MacLeod

2.2vtec
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I like Anytime fitness. New equipment and always kept very clean.

BigShow
12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ReflexFX
Did OP expect to find an awesome 24hr gym filled with scrawny non-"juicemonkeys"?

Op sounds like a bitch who can't feel comfortable minding his own business in the gym. I think goodlife has women's only where everyone is down to earth and smiles at you.

G-ZUS
12-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BigShow

Op sounds like a bitch who can't feel comfortable minding his own business in the gym. I think goodlife has women's only where everyone is down to earth and smiles at you.

:rofl:

lellowrx7
12-22-2011, 09:30 AM
If op wasn't such a chicken he would go where there are "juice monkeys" and train with them.
Most guys love talking about working out and would give you tips and different excersizes to help you achieve your goals. Like a free personal trainer.
Going late at night so no one else can see you doesn't benefit you. Googling how to work out can only take you so far, but it amazes me that people trust that over guys already working out with proven results, steroids or not. Just cause you pump some liquids in you doesn't mean youll get those results by standing around not training hard as fuck.

scboss
12-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah even as someone who went to university for this shit I'm always learning. Then who knows you might become a duche like the rest of us haha. If you intimidated because people know more then you instead of imbracing it I only see your chest And biceps being worked in the future.

Anton
12-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I think I said this in a similar thread long long time ago but it's the bigger guys that have put in a lot of time in the gym are ALWAYS the guys that are super nice to talk to and get advice from.

Douchebags everywhere. Sort-of. The people that you could perceive to be douchebags could be really nice guys. Others...just douchebags haha.

Go to the gym, play some tunes and focus on your own routine. Doesn't matter who is around IMO.

bigbadboss101
12-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Big guys who are willing to help > little guys with wife beater chatting on their phones.

G-ZUS
12-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Big guys who are willing to help > little guys with wife beater chatting on their phones.

:werd: or the scrawny guys who flex in the mirror after every set

dandia89
12-24-2011, 02:22 AM
im a pretty skinny guy and i've gone to different gyms around calgary, and i've never met a guy who was a complete douchebag. i usually ask around for advice on form and other exercises, and almost all the time they are more than willing to help out. i've only ran into one guy who just said he can't really talk cause he has a strict routine, which is fine.

i think people have this perception that bigger/stronger people are judging you for being skinny or out of shape and its completely unwarranted. good luck finding a gym, maybe i've just been lucky

i suggest mount royal, u of c. i wouldn't suggest goodlife if you're into free weights. the place is flooded with machines and cardio equipment

sexualbanana
12-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by lellowrx7

Going late at night so no one else can see you doesn't benefit you. Googling how to work out can only take you so far, but it amazes me that people trust that over guys already working out with proven results, steroids or not. Just cause you pump some liquids in you doesn't mean youll get those results by standing around not training hard as fuck.

I used to go late at night just because it was way less crowded so I can go in and get my shit done without having to wait for anything.

That's why I'm leaving Gold's McKenzie because it was great when I could lift at midnight, but now that I have a day job that's not practical because it's busy as hell from 4 - 9pm

Mitsu3000gt
12-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
I like Anytime fitness. New equipment and always kept very clean.

+1, its a very good facility. Been very happy there for over a year now.

know1edge
12-25-2011, 02:30 PM
any gym's open today? :(

TomcoPDR
12-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I used to go late at night just because it was way less crowded so I can go in and get my shit done without having to wait for anything.

That's why I'm leaving Gold's McKenzie because it was great when I could lift at midnight, but now that I have a day job that's not practical because it's busy as hell from 4 - 9pm

Is that still playing poker?

Kobe
12-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Haha I'ts possible :P

Mitsu3000gt
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by know1edge
any gym's open today? :(

Anytime fitness is. 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.

schocker
12-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Anytime fitness is. 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, went this morning. Only two people there :D