PDA

View Full Version : Distracted Driving

Masked Bandit
12-22-2011, 02:46 PM
So with the Christmas season upon us the focus of media is obviously Impaired Driving. However it was only a few short months ago that the world was going to end with the implementation of Distracted Driving legislation. Now that the initial shine has worn off, I'm wondering how common this charge truly is day to day. Has anyone received a DD ticket in the last month or so? If so, what were you doing at the time that caught the officer's attention?

Mibz
12-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Just like every other traffic law, there's never a Cop around when somebody in front of me should get a ticket :P

Kobe
12-22-2011, 05:50 PM
A buddy got one on 17th ave and 14th Street at night.

Other then that I don't know anyone else that got one..

baygirl
12-22-2011, 06:11 PM
My ex has had a warning and a ticket
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lasimmon
12-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Friend got nailed for talking on her phone.

Kloubek
12-26-2011, 12:07 AM
She got nailed? Pics or it didn't happen.

Tomaz
12-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I tinted my front windows.

Winning! :poosie:

Disoblige
12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
She got nailed? Pics or it didn't happen.
:rofl:

I was inching out of a wand wash when a Police Van purposely turned in to see what I was doing. I was holding onto my phone and was about to text someone and he said "You're not talking on your phone are you?".. Quickly, I said, "Nope, not at all. I have a hands free unit too" and pointed to my dash touchscreen and mic set up on my visor. Then he said "Okay, drive safe.. And nice ride."

That was close.

Maybelater
12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I haven't got any warnings or tickets. Never really took calls or sent texts when driving in the first place, but it still has reduced my use of my cellphone when driving.

I use my GPS on my phone from time to time, but all together I have got reliant on getting directions in advance to leaving from where I am going and following my memory. As for other distractions: When I take a 15min break outside of my normal breaks at work and go get something to eat I'll eat real fast when driving back to work.

Twenty
12-30-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm still seeing lots of people texting while driving. Apparently they haven't gotten the message yet.

Mibz
12-30-2011, 12:05 PM
People still speed too. Apparently they haven't gotten the message yet.

Masked Bandit
12-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Ya but speeding was always against the rules. Texting / Cell phone use has been perfectly acceptable for 20 years until just now.

max_boost
12-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
People still speed too. Apparently they haven't gotten the message yet. I probably never will. Speeding ftw! :burnout: :drool:

turbotrip
12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
to be honest, i havent really changed my phone usage in the car. i figure i'll take my chances with getting the ticket

t_soarer
12-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I tinted my front windows.

Winning! :poosie:

watch out for a lonely loser cop on his bike in the summer, who pulls over old grannies and checks their fronts for tint...saw this during the summer and burst out laughing

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Got a ticket from this douche. Pulled me over for speeding, then gave me a tint ticket when I told himt here was no way I was speeding.. I was going slower than he was.

FoxTrot
12-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Twenty
I'm still seeing lots of people texting while driving. Apparently they haven't gotten the message yet.

I see at least 3 people everyday yapping away on their phones while driving. You think they would have gotten the message yet?