PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus Trailer

89coupe
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

Sweet!

GTS4tw
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Don't like the style of trailer used but the movie looks ok.

Vagabond142
12-23-2011, 02:24 AM
That trailer is CLASSIC Alien style :D I still hold that Prometheus is the prequel to Alien :drama:

MugenBB6
12-23-2011, 08:53 AM
you see the space jockey!!

n1zm0
12-23-2011, 10:06 AM
i honestly didn't know who Ridley Scott was (even though i've seen Alien about 10 times), then i saw his IMDB resume, looks like it's going to be awesome!

know1edge
12-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
That trailer is CLASSIC Alien style :D I still hold that Prometheus is the prequel to Alien :drama:

you late (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/21031/-prometheus-becomes-a-little-clearer/)

Cos
12-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

you late (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/21031/-prometheus-becomes-a-little-clearer/)

I’ve always felt that really good prequels should be original movies. And the sequels to those prequels should not be the movie which already exists because, with all due respect to anyone who makes a prequel, but why would you ruin the greatest twist in the history of cinema, “Luke, I am your father”, by showing me three movies which basically spoil that surprise. You can do movies which take place before Star Wars, but I don’t need to see the story of the Skywalker clan. Show me something else which I can’t guess the possible outcome of. There is no suspense in inevitability.

I like him.

Tram Common
12-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Looks so fucking amazing.

D'z Nutz
12-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Holy shit! The film on its own looks amazing, but the fact that it takes place in the same fictional universe as Aliens makes it even that much more exciting. Looks like we'll finally have another good movie in the franchise since Aliens.

Trinzler
12-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Is it a one part or two part film ?

Vagabond142
12-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Trinzler
Is it a one part or two part film ?

Well, Prometheus is part one. Part two takes place on a little ship called the Nostromo ;)

black13
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
God damn! The king of sci-fi returns to the genre. Looks :eek:

Watching Alien as a child gave me nightmares! That movie was way ahead of its time. Can't wait to see what Riddley has cooked up in this since its been 20 years since he has done sci-fi.

Maxx Mazda
01-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I read about this movei close to two years ago now and have been eagerly awating it since. IMO that's bar none THE BEST sci-fi/horror franchise in existence. Can't wait.

Xtrema
01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Saw the trailer and Alien(s) came to mine especially with Scott.

Now sounds like this started out as prequel but ended up as a standalone movie.

But really, while Alien is good, I really only fell in love with the franchise with Cameron's Aliens. And any Alien movies since are jokes.

403Gemini
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Saw the trailer and Alien(s) came to mine especially with Scott.

Now sounds like this started out as prequel but ended up as a standalone movie.

But really, while Alien is good, I really only fell in love with the franchise with Cameron's Aliens. And any Alien movies since are jokes.

I loved Aliens as a kid because i had ADHD and just loved action, but when I grew older, I have grown to respect and love Scott's Alien just as much, if not more than Camerons. Both are in my top 5 fav movies (I rank them together).

redmethods
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Looks killer.

NRGie
01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Sequel to alien, prequel to aliens

Tram Common
03-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Holy fuck me silly:

HHcHYisZFLU

D'z Nutz
03-19-2012, 12:23 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD! :eek:

Tram Common
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
In-case you wanted more, here's the UK trailer with additional scenes:

a9jRaa4Wkbk

Tram Common
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Few more tidbits to be seen here, including Weyland's 2023 TED talk:

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

dirtsniffer
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
movie looks great!

Maxx Mazda
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeaaa!

403Gemini
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah, im a nerd...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh233/cryage/nerdgasm.jpg

heavyD
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
^^^
Well it's a prequel to Alien so pretty obvious that they are going to show what happened to the Space Jockey.

I'm super pumped for this film.

firebane
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
^^^
Well it's a prequel to Alien so pretty obvious that they are going to show what happened to the Space Jockey.

I'm super pumped for this film.

I'm not sure why everyone keeps insisting this is a prequel to Alien as its not.

"Conceived as a prequel to Scott's 1979 science fiction horror film Alien, rewrites of Spaihts' script by Lindelof developed a separate story that precedes the events of Alien, but which is not directly connected to the films in the Alien franchise. According to Scott, though the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus will explore its own mythology and ideas. Principal photography began in March 2011, with filming taking place in England, Iceland, and Spain. Prometheus is scheduled for release between May 30 and June 8, 2012 in various territories through 20th Century Fox."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_%28film%29

403Gemini
03-20-2012, 01:43 PM
^^ While not a direct "prequel to Alien" , it takes place on Scott's "Universe" of which "Alien" exists. I think the most compelling thing is to the fans of the Alien franchise is we want to see who the Space Jockey was and what ended up happening to him. I know i've been wondering that ever since I was a kid and they found his skeleton in that first movie.

I dont expect to see a xenomorph at all, but I'm still to see any possible links between the two movies since i'm such an avid fan of the Alien franchise.

Spoons
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
^^ While not a direct "prequel to Alien" , it takes place on Scott's "Universe" of which "Alien" exists. I think the most compelling thing is to the fans of the Alien franchise is we want to see who the Space Jockey was and what ended up happening to him. I know i've been wondering that ever since I was a kid and they found his skeleton in that first movie.

I dont expect to see a xenomorph at all, but I'm still to see any possible links between the two movies since i'm such an avid fan of the Alien franchise.

My theories on the movie and what I am taking from the trailer is that this movie is about The Space Jockey.

Many theories is that the Space Jockey species was/is a noble race, that wished to meet humans under better circumstances. There is where we get into the movie where the girl finds that "they want to meet us."

They go to Space Jockey's home world, only to find that it has been over ran by their very weapon, the Xenomorphs, while they are not the same aliens we've seen and known, but an off branch based off the Space Jockey's species (something maybe like at the end of AvP2 (I think) where they had the Alien Predator hybrid species).

Never the less I am incredibly pumped for this movie.

heavyD
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Space Jockey was never really fully explained in Alien. All we know is that it probably the pilot of the alien ship and that it likely died as a host for a chest burster. Any fan of the series has likely always been curious to know Space Jockey's role.

BigMass
03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Fuck 3D, fuck PG-13 and fuck Ridley Scott for joining James Cameron in being an old ass senile punk ass sellout. Movie looks like the World of Warcraft version of Alien mixed in with Halo. Blade Runner and Alien are two of my favorite movies of all time and I’m sure this one will suck ass made for little ADD kiddies.

dirtsniffer
03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Your avatar fits your personality quite well eh?

INITIALD
03-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Fuck 3D, fuck PG-13 and fuck Ridley Scott for joining James Cameron in being an old ass senile punk ass sellout. Movie looks like the World of Warcraft version of Alien mixed in with Halo. Blade Runner and Alien are two of my favorite movies of all time and I’m sure this one will suck ass made for little ADD kiddies.

:nut:

eglove
03-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BigMass

shit's the truth right here

Tram Common
03-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by eglove

shit's the truth right here

No, it's not. Making this serious a science fiction movie in this era of cinema is risky... this won't be some cookie cutter flick for kids...

... at least I sure fucking hope not.

jampack
06-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Saw this tonight and I really really liked it. It's also amazing in 3D. Thumbs up for this movie.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

black13
06-09-2012, 02:39 AM
WoWWW!

Movie did not disappoint! Probably THE most intense movie I've seen, in theaters at least. I can't even believe this passed as a PG13 movie. Just incredible. Some images will haunt me for a while.

Highly highly recomended. Only thing I will say is that the 3D didn't do much for me but was still ok. It's a big budget movie after all and I'll gladly paid Riddley Scott the extra tax just for his return to sci-fi.

heavyD
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by black13
I can't even believe this passed as a PG13 movie. Just incredible. Some images will haunt me for a while.

It didn't. It's rated R.

jampack
06-09-2012, 12:46 PM
It's 14A.

schocker
06-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I havn't really watched any of ridley's previous movies so I wasn't sure what to expect, but overall I thought it was pretty good. I liked the depth of view with the 3D.

WhippWhapp
06-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Seen in 3D, I approve.

jampack
06-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by schocker
I havn't really watched any of ridley's previous movies so I wasn't sure what to expect, but overall I thought it was pretty good. I liked the depth of view with the 3D.

This is is what I wanted to point out. The outer space looked amazing in 3D and A lot if the scenes really utilized 3D technology. Would be amazing to watch it in IMAX.

heavyD
06-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by jampack
It's 14A.

Interesting. It's rated R in the US for sure.

firebane
06-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Watched it today in IMAX but unfortunately I can't see 3d. I can see that something is there but I look predominately out one eye more than the other.

Either way movie totally kicked ass and was seriously intense.

Tetsugen
06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Looked amazing but the story was a little lacking considering the hype created for it... I dunno I think that if they focused on a story instead of trying to to set this one up for a sequel it would have been an amazing movie like the first Alien film.

Inzane
06-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Disappointing. Good, but not great.

A give it a reluctant 7/10.

I'm surprised there's not more discussion on this movie since it was released? (There was more discussion on the trailer prior to release, it seems).

LollerBrader
06-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Saw it last night. A highly flawed, but nonetheless enjoyable film.

Lots of plot holes and inexplicable actions by the characters.

Incredible visuals, everything had a sense of epic scale.

Was a worthy addition the the Aliens mythology.

Looking forward to the sequel, which was shamelessly set up at the end.

AFTER the movie, see this inventory of plot holes:
http://boingboing.net/2012/06/16/plot-holes-in-prometheus-deli.html

(I disagree with some of them)

Kloubek
06-17-2012, 10:45 AM
I liked the movie - though I would stop short of using the word "epic" to describe it.

Vagabond142
06-17-2012, 11:49 AM
A very well laid out movie, if you look at it in relation to the Alien Mythology as a whole. A *lot* of "it began here" moments for fans of the whole Alien series.

It wasn't as tight and claustrophobic as Alien, but it did have a lot going for it and I walked out feeling I received my money's worth in entertainment value.

I also like that it does end on a mystery.... same type of ending Alien had, and that launched a fairly successful series of movies, so hopefully Prometheus launches a whole new batch of Alien movies that DON'T suck (AvP, I'm looking at you)

heavyD
06-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Saw it on IMAX 3D and IMO the most visually stunning movie I've ever seen. Loved it although I feel like with most of Scott's films too much movie was left on the cutting room floor to keep running time at two hours. I expect a blu ray directors cut that fills in some of the blanks although I believe Scott purposely left some questions unanswered.

Tram Common
06-22-2012, 01:05 AM
One word... sloppy...

... really disappointed... and that's coming from a massive Scott/Alien fan... :(

Blue
06-22-2012, 01:19 AM
can anyone tell me whats the black stuff the alien drank in the beggining ?

Cos
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM

heavyD
06-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Blue
can anyone tell me whats the black stuff the alien drank in the beggining ?

Don't take this the wrong way but it's kind of crazy how most people couldn't figure out the opening. The engineer was on a planet that looked very much like earth. He drinks the black stuff which in turn kills him and his body falls into the ocean to which his body and the black fluid poplulate the water with dna in which to give life. He sacrificed himself to give life to the planet. This is how the movie explains the creation of man.

The black fluid is the catalyst for life. Taken in a selfless manner to sacrifice life it creates life. Taken in a selfish manner it creates evil.

Very good explanation of the film here;

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

The crew of the Prometheus discover an ancient chamber, presided over by a brooding solemn face, in which urns of the same black substance are kept. A mural on the wall presents an image which, if you did as I asked earlier on, you will recognise instantly: the lifegiver with his abdomen torn open. Go and look at it here to refresh your memory. Note the serenity on the Engineer's face here.

And there's another mural there, one which shows a familiar xenomorph-like figure. This is the Destroyer who mirrors the Creator, I think - the avatar of supremely selfish life, devouring and destroying others purely to preserve itself. As Ash puts it: 'a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse or delusions of morality.'

403Gemini
06-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Saw it last night... it was okay. Definatly an acceptable addition to the Alien series of movies.

HeavyD is 100% right, the stuff the Engineer at the beginning drank was a self made suicide to kill himself and create life on earth (thats why you saw him disintigrate, only to be reform in the water as reptile cells... kicked started our evolution if you will).

This movie did leave a lot more questions than it answered... I fully expect a sequel.

Anyway my thoughts from seeing it after 1 viewing...

The "Engineers" created the "facehuggers" (in this movie, appeared to be the worms that mutated) as a biological weapon to infect a host and create the xenomorph. It showed their final destination to be earth - it makes me think that they didn't create humans to continue on their own immortality, but instead use us as food/cattle to mass produce xenomorph like monsters. I mean , look at Fifield after he was infected and how hard it was for them to bring him down. Was he like the traditional Xenomorph? No, but that leads me to my next point.

After the Octopus looking thing was cut out of Shaw, and it grew to the size of a giant fucker and attached itself to the last remaining Engineer on that planet, when the alien popped out I got a bit excited and thought "Queen?" But its mouth had flesh, and gums. I watched Alien and Aliens again yesterday and obviously neither of these renditions of the Xenomorph was what we are familiar with, because they are something else - an Alpha or Beta prototype. The Alien species in Alien/Aliens is the final product.

When the "Queen" popped out of the Engineer my first thought was "What the hell... hes not sitting in his chair that they find him in the first alien move???" Then I started thinking, Shaw flew another one of these ships with David to another planet - I think she is bringing this infection, this weapon to their planet - or another installation - LV-426 (the planet they find the dead Space Jockey/Engineer in "Alien" and where "Aliens" is based). Perhaps this black goo infects something else like a bug or insect , something not as "fleshy" as a worm and creates the traditional face hugger we are used too and that breeds the queen we see in Aliens and that is the Engineer that we find later in Alien, not the one that died at the end of Prometheus

Again, this is just my thoughts after ONE viewing where I viewed it for pleasure, not to pick it apart :)

Very good explanation of the film here;

http://cavalorn.livejournal.com/584135.html

Thanks for posting this! Have to watch it again with all this in mind!

Cheers

lasimmon
06-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I really enjoyed the movie, aside from the 3D.

I feel although 3D makes certain things look real nice, I just get this feeling of cheapness with 3D. Everything seems so fake, almost as if it is being used to draw attention away from flaws.

Awesome movie though, makes me want to re-watch the Alien series.

reno97637
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I wonder what that android said to the engineer. Did he say what the old person asked him to do? Or did he take the lady's advice?

403Gemini
06-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by reno97637
I wonder what that android said to the engineer. Did he say what the old person asked him to do? Or did he take the lady's advice?

"This man is here because he doesn't want to die. He believes you can give him more life."

beecue
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Saw it on IMAX 3D and IMO the most visually stunning movie I've ever seen.

:werd: It looked incredible in Imax 3D. I will definitely have to pick up the bluray.

Darkane
06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Movie was good. Enjoyed it.

Also touched on the fact women do, and will ALWAYS do the most illogical, irrational things.

ZEDGE
06-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by beecue

:werd: It looked incredible in Imax 3D. I will definitely have to pick up the bluray.

Ditto, thought it was awesome.

Inzane
06-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Also touched on the fact women do, and will ALWAYS do the most illogical, irrational things.

And the men in the film didn't?? :dunno: