PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN - 2007 - G35 Red 6MT Coupe

Flacker
12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Stolen December 15, 2011
SE Calgary - Riverbend

Plate on the vehicle was KEV 992
Returned home from vacation to find B&E, G35 is my summer car so it was stored in the garage, thieves took two sets of keys from the house.
Stock G35, no tint.
VIN JNKCV54E27M901731

If Beyonders can keep an eye out I would be very grateful.

Had an Infiniti of Denver plate holder on it.

Minor scrape on the front spoiler on the drivers side.

Picture (http://members.shaw.ca/flacker/g35.jpg)

If spotted please contact Graham at 403-807-9796 or CPS 403-266-1234.

TaiChino
12-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Dude brutal. Best of luck.

Masked Bandit
12-23-2011, 01:50 PM
That's brutal. What community was it swiped from?

msommers
12-23-2011, 01:54 PM
All G35s should have a code that you may or may not have wrote down that should track the unit. Call Hyatt with your VIN and see if they can help you out. Hope it turns up unscathed.

Flacker
12-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
That's brutal. What community was it swiped from?

Taken from Riverbend

Flacker
12-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by msommers
All G35s should have a code that you may or may not have wrote down that should track the unit. Call Hyatt with your VIN and see if they can help you out. Hope it turns up unscathed.

Thank you, I'll look into that. It is a US car out of Denver but even if I have to contact them it is worth a shot.

Flacker
12-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Unfortunately not, by contacting Hyatt the VIN is now listed as stolen with all Infiniti Canada dealers which is a good thing, so thanks!

Redlined_8000
12-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Bump this up. Hope we get a spot!

euro_racer
12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but they probably did you a favor. It's a hard car to sell and the insurance will give you more money then what you could have even asked for if you were to sell it!

CanmoreOrLess
12-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Mental note: when gone for vacation, put keys to all vehicles in a safe place. Too many of these types of stolen vehicles to ignore the situation. Will keep a lookout for the car.

Hage69
12-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Update?

Flacker
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
No response at all from CPS or any other parties on this. I am holding off on the insurance claim in hopes of recovery.

G-ZUS
01-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Flacker
No response at all from CPS or any other parties on this. I am holding off on the insurance claim in hopes of recovery.

Most people would not want it back after being stolen. The theives probably drove the piss out of it.

FoxTrot
01-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Hey OP any updates? Did you get the car back?

Flacker
01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by FoxTrot
Hey OP any updates? Did you get the car back?

No, the G is still roaming the wilds!

Flacker
02-03-2012, 11:52 PM
I think we have found our culprit:

A 15-year-old has been charged with stealing two cars and getting into two crashes on Thursday and investigators are trying to determine if he has stolen nearly a dozen more.
Police say the teen stole a Kia Ronda that was running in front of a home on Riverbrook Road at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.
It was later abandoned on Queen Isabella Close and a VW Jetta, which also was left running, was stolen.
Police say the teen was speeding and hit two other vehicles on the road. No one was injured.
Police located the teen on Douglasbank Drive S.E. with their helicopter and he was arrested and taken into custody.
He has been charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and two counts of theft of a motor vehicle.
Investigators are looking into whether the teen was also connected to another spree of car thefts in Riverbend where 11 vehicles were reported stolen, 11 car prowlings took place and eight house break and enters since November 2011.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/year+Calgary+charged+with+stealing+cars+crashing+them/6098464/story.html#ixzz1lMESDssQ

Reasons I believe this young man to be the culprit:

Foot prints left in my yard after the break and enter where not left by an adult male. (About size 6-8 mens shoes)

Thief took the time to steal two 4-packs of Monster Energy drink from my fridge, no one legitimately desperate enough to break and enter steals beverages. This was a spoiled, bored child.

He actually laid a small patch in the garage. Any driver with any skill or experience would be a little more discrete than that. I suspect it spooled up and scared him a little! With traction control on that takes some serious doing. The thing launched out of the garage i suspect.

spacerz
02-03-2012, 11:57 PM
^ So, was your G35 ever found?

revelations
02-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
Don't mean to sound like a dick, but they probably did you a favor. It's a hard car to sell and the insurance will give you more money then what you could have even asked for if you were to sell it!

Been thinking about buying one - why are these hard to sell?

Redlined_8000
02-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by revelations

Been thinking about buying one - why are these hard to sell?

Ive owned the car for only 3 full months but here is why I would think.

- cant shift into 2nd when its cold
- 2005-2006 6mt coupes have oil consumption problems
- lots of EXPENSIVE electronics that can break down.

Other than that though, its a sweet car.

revelations
02-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

cool thanks, plenty of commentary online as well regarding the general lack of reliabilty....although its hard to tell what the actual numbers are.

Flacker
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM

I never had any cold shift issues on mine, I suspect you've got an abused synchro.

schocker
02-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Flacker

I never had any cold shift issues on mine, I suspect you've got an abused synchro.
This. I never had any cold shift issues. :confused:
Oil consumption was not that big a deal as if you had it they replaced the engine and what electronics are there to break down. The only main issues were cd player not reading, door locks and window regulators :dunno:

Redlined_8000
02-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Its hard to shift when it is -10c or colder outside. Pretty much impossible in -20c. Have to let the motor warm up to full operating temps before it shifts smoothly.

Ive read up on g35 driver forums and alot of other people had the same problem.

Chantastic
02-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Its hard to shift when it is -10c or colder outside. Pretty much impossible in -20c. Have to let the motor warm up to full operating temps before it shifts smoothly.

What year?

Redlined_8000
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM

schocker
02-05-2012, 01:08 AM

I only had issues around -25. That is a given though I thought with manuals. Had to let it warm up for a few minutes which I would anyways and then it was fine. Without letting it warm up the clutch was a little difficulty to use :rofl:

msommers
02-05-2012, 01:48 AM
^^Thats exactly it. Every manual vehicle I've ever owned has always been pretty sticky before it was warmed up and just becomes habit to let it sit for awhile before you go anywhere.