PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starter in a manual trans

nickxero
01-28-2004, 05:05 PM
is there any way to make a remote starter for a automatic trans work in a manual trans?

i have an Old Command Start that i want to put in my old gmc jimmy with a 5sd so i dont have to let it freeze in the cold

or if anyone has the installation guide for the Command Start CSI 2400/2500
thanx

vtec
01-28-2004, 11:55 PM
i believe ur gonna need extra wires ( another harness ) pluggin into the box, so u can hook up door pin and one for ebrake

someone correct me if im wrong

Zero102
01-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Hmm, I just heard 'Old GMC Jimmy' and without being familliar with the Jimmy's, I must ask the question, is it fuel injected? If not, forget the starter.
There was a thread on here about having the wrong starter installed, it ended up with a prelude meeting a truck.
Not a happy ending.

As a general rule, even though it is possible, I would definately not do it.

Weapon_R
01-29-2004, 02:43 AM
This is a very bad idea.

If you ever forget your car in gear, and you attempt to start it, you might expect to find it far from the place that you had originally parked it at.

Insurance will not cover you if this happens, and you will not find a reputable shop that will install it for you.

Spend the money, contact our resident vehicle installer (12v) and ask him about the very affordable rates for private car starter installs. You may be pleasantly surprised.

ninspeed
01-29-2004, 10:38 PM
if you dont have a clutch switch.. .you CAN do it... but i would not suggest it

Strugari
02-05-2004, 10:05 PM
There really is no way to make the CS2400/2500 work in a standard transmission. The unit is not setup for the door pin wire, or e-brake. I only know of 1 instance where a unit was installed on a standard using e-brake wire for on/off switch. Needless to say he ran into his garage door with it. I strongly recommend NOT installing that unit on your Jimmy.

Gary