PDA

View Full Version : iphone users: a silent and vibrate mode?

dandia89
12-28-2011, 09:17 PM
i've had my iphone for awhile but i miss the blackberry function where you had so many phone modes (silent, busy, meeting, loud, etc). i'm more attached to the silent mode for meetings and when i'm sleeping but i'd like to have a mode for just vibrate when i'm out of school/work.

from what i can tell at least one mode has to have a ringtone. is there an app around this? or am i missing something huge on the phone.

Mitsu3000gt
12-28-2011, 09:23 PM
With my iPhone, I used it 99% of the time in vibrate only mode, and all you need to do is flip the switch on the side...am I misunderstanding your question maybe? Flip the switch and you're all set on just vibrate.

The_Rural_Juror
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
No. That technology is years away.

sabad66
12-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Easy.

Go to settings->sounds

Switch the top Vibrate to off

Turn the ringer volume all the way down, and turn off the 'change with buttons' toggle. Set all of the other alert tones to 'None', and turn off the bottom two toggles (lock sounds and keyboard clicks)

Now you have two modes, silent and vibrate.

dandia89
12-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
With my iPhone, I used it 99% of the time in vibrate only mode, and all you need to do is flip the switch on the side...am I misunderstanding your question maybe? Flip the switch and you're all set on just vibrate.
ya i want one switch to be completely silent, and the other switch to only be vibrate

Originally posted by sabad66
Easy.

Go to settings->sounds

Switch the top Vibrate to off

Turn the ringer volume all the way down, and turn off the 'change with buttons' toggle. Set all of the other alert tones to 'None', and turn off the bottom two toggles (lock sounds and keyboard clicks)

Now you have two modes, silent and vibrate.

thanks. i think this is almost effective but when i put my volume bar to the left side i can still hear it when i get a phone call.

i guess i'll settle!