PDA

View Full Version : Allowed to wear hats?

Ali20
12-30-2011, 03:24 PM
I will be going to Sait next fall, I'm a hat/took guy and always wore them in High School, I'm just wondering are the teacher's cool with students wearing hats/tooks/hoodies or any head wear?

My_name_is_Rob
12-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Your good. Most teachers I had there were alright with it.

Ali20
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
oh thanx thats good to hear, if anything ill be taking network technician, so do you know which teacher teaches that and if he in particular is cool with it?

Ryan Shawcross
12-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Very disrespectful. Take your hat off when indoors, just basic manners.

Ali20
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
LOL, If the teachers are cool with it, than what's the matter?

Hallowed_point
12-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Shawcross
Very disrespectful. Take your hat off when indoors, just basic manners.

I agree, same goes for "shades" idk what is with people and wearing sunglasses inside, makes you look like a massive d-bag

Cos
12-30-2011, 03:47 PM

03ozwhip
12-30-2011, 04:11 PM
wearing shades inside is for massive fuckbags to do. hats though, IMO is perfectly fine except at a dinner table like Cos said.

even if i have seriously bad hair, i expect to take my hat off at dinner. ive never known why its an issue in schools, all it is there for is to cover your hair. :dunno:

G-ZUS
12-30-2011, 04:21 PM
What's a took?

Ryan Shawcross
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
toque

J-hop
12-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Just don't be one of those toolbags that wears their ball cap to the gym, nothing more hilarious than watching someone trying to military press or bench with a hat on.

i don't think most people will mind. Could have some old school profs though. If you make a point of taking it off as you walk into the classroom you might get brownie points for having class. But to be honest, when I was in uni I don't think anyone cared.

My_name_is_Rob
12-30-2011, 04:42 PM
I never took network tech, so I couldn't tell ya. The teacher I had that did not appreciate headwear was the technical communications one, and she was just that way to make sure we kept it professional for our major projects and the likes. If the network tech is a program and not a specific class, the odds are pretty good you will have more than one teacher.

Cos
12-30-2011, 04:48 PM

ricosuave
12-30-2011, 05:10 PM
dont know if you have the same exams through AIT, but they will not let you wear them or have hoodies up while writing the TQ or other governmental exams.

JustinMCS
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
My teachers at SAIT said no to hats and hoodies that were up.

leftwing
12-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I remember not being allowed to wear hats in high school, but never had a problem with it in uni. I mean most teachers could careless if you even show up in uni.

I dont get how it is disrespectful to wear a hat. I know at formal dinners (& other formal events) it's not cool, but in a super casual environment like school...c'mon.

pf0sh0
12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by J-hop
Just don't be one of those toolbags that wears their ball cap to the gym, nothing more hilarious than watching someone trying to military press or bench with a hat on.

I like to wear one to catch sweat :dunno:

boarderfatty
12-30-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point

I agree, same goes for "shades" idk what is with people and wearing sunglasses inside, makes you look like a massive d-bag

I wear shades inside at school and most other places, I had some complications with corrective eye surgery and artificial light especially flourescent bothers them. I also wear sunglasses at night while driving to help with the glare from on comming traffics lights.

Ryan Shawcross
12-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by boarderfatty

I wear shades inside at school and most other places, I had some complications with corrective eye surgery and artificial light especially flourescent bothers them. I also wear sunglasses at night while driving to help with the glare from on comming traffics lights.

Well, you look like a massive d-bag according the poster above you

Cos
12-30-2011, 11:20 PM

turbotrip
12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
i wore a hat almost every single day of my very lengthy university career lol. only had one day where the prof said to take it off during an exam so I just flipped it backwards and it was fine. hoodies are not an issue either

boarderfatty
12-31-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Cos

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/df/SunglassesAtNight.jpg/220px-SunglassesAtNight.jpg

Sorry I had to

haha, I go to every Bears hockey, football, basketball, and volley ball game, there is always one handicapped guy working admissions there and calls me corey hart junior, I just figured out who corey hart was and what he meant about a month ago

Recca168
12-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
i wore a hat almost every single day of my very lengthy university career lol. only had one day where the prof said to take it off during an exam so I just flipped it backwards and it was fine. hoodies are not an issue either

Yeah I remember that too. Apparently it was to prevent cheating by writing notes on the brim of the hat.

Every other day though the profs never cared

cde1966
12-31-2011, 08:50 AM
Tell them it's for religious purposes, that seems to work for other people. I was going to ask what a Took was too, I used to have a toque but someone took it.

J-hop
12-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

I like to wear one to catch sweat :dunno:

isn't that what a gym towel is for? so you like having a white salt stain rim around your head? If you are actually working out hard enough to be sweating that much to require a sweat catcher you'd be ruining ball caps weekly.

Most of the people I see wearing ball caps at the gym aren't even working up a sweat. It just looks silly, like showing up to the gym in jeans.

swak
12-31-2011, 12:57 PM
And make sure its on your head if you do. What's with these fruitbags putting their hats on their head just sitting on top of their head (like they have a second head).
Fitted caps, not on their head tipped up (I have no problem with that), but just on top of their head.

GTS4tw
12-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
What's a took?

That's how the modern high school educated person spells toque. Entrance requirements for university must be brutal nowadays.

swak
12-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

That's how the modern high school educated person spells toque. Entrance requirements for university must be brutal nowadays.

Aww.. Relax man, he said he's going to sait. :D

CMW403
01-09-2012, 11:05 PM

:facepalm:

Obviously you've never broken a sweat. You're one of the little girls who comes out to the YMCA on friday evenings to give his marginally larger friend moral support in front of the mirror eh?:rofl:

dirtsniffer
01-10-2012, 12:46 AM
I thought it was tuque?

sputnik
01-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Are you planning on wearing a hat when you are gainfully employed too?

Lose the hat.

Ryan Shawcross
01-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
I thought it was tuque?

You thought wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toque

dirtsniffer
01-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Lol. Under Canadian usage it says 'originally spelt tuque'.

dharminder
01-10-2012, 10:36 AM

isn't that what a gym towel is for? so you like having a white salt stain rim around your head? If you are actually working out hard enough to be sweating that much to require a sweat catcher you'd be ruining ball caps weekly.

Most of the people I see wearing ball caps at the gym aren't even working up a sweat. It just looks silly, like showing up to the gym in jeans.

I wear a hat in the gym. I do get a good sweat going but I still dont see your point in why its wrong to wear a hat in the gym? I have never had an issue with my hat doing any exersise in the gym. I have two hats that are just used for the gym, they look like shit now get washed weekly but for my self I feel naked with out a hat.

gqmw
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I've maybe worn a hat to the gym once or twice...usually on days I'm too lazy to do my hair and I've been wearing the hat all day. But I don't see anything wrong with people wearing hats to the gym, it is definitely not on the same level as working out in jeans. Wearing a hat doesn't hinder your workout in any way.

dirtsniffer
01-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Haha. One of the fittest guys I know works out in jeans. Maybe because no one he is with can give him a challenge.

msommers
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
We were never allowed to wear hats during a test in university. Non-test days no one gave a shit.

msommers
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Lose the hat.

Well then, you may want to start wearing dress clothes to school. Moreover, if you're in business you should start wearing suits to school. Oh wait....:rofl:

swak
01-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Lose the hat.

School and work are two totally different things.

As for work, i wear my hat, once i park at work, i throw my hat on my dash then walk into work.

School, i could care less what i wear, if i shaved or not, etc.. :whocares: