PDA

View Full Version : World Juniors, Macs Midget...

C_Dave45
12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Anyone going or gone to any games? I won four club seat tickets to a WJ game, and thinking of going to the semi's for the Mac's Midget tourney today.
Love this time of year...nothing but hockey 24/7!!

ExtraSlow
12-31-2011, 12:33 PM
I was at the Slovakia-Latvia game, and it was pretty entertaining. I'm going to the slovakia Switzerland game tonight too.
try to get my hands on some tickets for quarter or semi-final games, but my hookups haven't come through yet.

C_Dave45
12-31-2011, 12:36 PM
^ Nice. I was really hoping to get to more games, but recent family developments put a damper on that.
I'm looking forward the game I won tickets to, even though it will be two crappy teams...relegation game on the 2nd. But the seats are prime, so it should still be entertaining.

roopi
12-31-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I was at the Slovakia-Latvia game, and it was pretty entertaining. I'm going to the slovakia Switzerland game tonight too.
try to get my hands on some tickets for quarter or semi-final games, but my hookups haven't come through yet.

I have tix to these at below face value if you're still looking:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346906

Cos
12-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Kobe
12-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Ryder_23 hooked me up last night!
We went to the Switzerland - Latvia game.

Most people were def cheering for Latvia last night as well, and they tied it up in the 3rd.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9134/img1141ef.jpg

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/673/img1143p.jpg

Thanks again Ryder_23!

Originally posted by C_Dave45
^ Nice. I was really hoping to get to more games, but recent family developments put a damper on that.
I'm looking forward the game I won tickets to, even though it will be two crappy teams...relegation game on the 2nd. But the seats are prime, so it should still be entertaining.

We were def not watching the two most exciting teams, but it was still exciting and watching the young guys playing. I have no idea wtf happened to Latvia between intermission from the 1st to 2nd, but they came out as a completely different team, was cool to watch.

Cos
12-31-2011, 01:45 PM

ExtraSlow
12-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Yeah, Latvia is getting a lot of support. i don't think it's all Latvian immigrants either, since it's such a tiny country, I think people just like cheering for that underdog.
laaatviiia!!!!

roopi, I'm spoiled, i get my hockey tickets for free usually, so i don't think I'll be paying for these.

C_Dave45
12-31-2011, 04:12 PM
I think I'll cheer for Denmark at the game I go to. Watching them get hammered by Canada, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the goalie. Still don't understand why they left him in there. But to see them after the game and having fun and laughing about getting waxed made me like them all the more. Ridiculous their coach benched those guys because of that. So I'll be rootin for them.

ryder_23
01-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Ryder_23 hooked me up last night!
We went to the Switzerland - Latvia game.

Most people were def cheering for Latvia last night as well, and they tied it up in the 3rd.

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9134/img1141ef.jpg

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/673/img1143p.jpg

Thanks again Ryder_23!

NP

Thankfully I have Tuesday off and can catch a game, Zoost!!

ExtraSlow
01-01-2012, 10:34 AM
aaaaand, it just happened. i now have a seat to both games being played on Tuesday.
will be Sweden vs the winner of Finland - Slovakia game
then
Canada vs the winner of Russia - Czech game.

going to be a great day of hockey.

C_Dave45
01-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Went to the last two semi-final games at the Macs Midget last night. Some great hockey. Gold medal game today (at Saddledome) will be between a Strathmore Team (UFA Bisons) and a team from Russia!
Russia played a St Albert team in last night's semi..and persevered through multiple 5-3 PK's. Never complained once...kept fighting and came from behind to win the game 3-2. After the awards were given, the Russia team lined up to shake hands and the St Albert team walked off the ice without shaking hands!! WTF is that all about!?!!! Totally ashamed to call myself a canadian hockey player when coaches let their players do something like this.
Russia showed class...Canadian kids showed none.

lilmira
01-01-2012, 01:05 PM
That's brutal. Sore losers?

Kobe
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

NP

Thankfully I have Tuesday off and can catch a game, Zoost!!

I'm willing to come ;)

Haha

C_Dave45
01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Crap. Got one ticket in the Avison young club section going to waste. Lots not being used.

Kobe
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Anyone have any last minute tickets they want to sell for the game?

dirtsniffer
01-03-2012, 08:32 PM
COCK. down 2 zip

max_boost
01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh snap. The evil empire strikes again!

phreezee
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Pray for a miracle a la Sweden.

max_boost
01-03-2012, 09:19 PM
The blowout is on! Damn Russians. So good and so cocky. :rofl:

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Jenner!!! What a fucking stupid move!!!!!!!!!

D'z Nutz
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
What the fuck was he thinking? :banghead:

prosh
Jenner took a page out of Bourque's playbook ffs.

C_Dave45
Completely lost their composure.

phreezee
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
It's emotions and these guys are young, understandable.

D'z Nutz
01-03-2012, 09:38 PM
That facepalm before the commercial said it all...

prosh
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Composure wasn't an issue when they were putting up 10 goals against the Latvians or Denmark. Seems like since the last half of the US game and leading into this game, their weaknesses are getting exposed.

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, its understandable. The game was pretty much over at 4-1. The hockey God's just werent with us. A couple of bounces the other way and the whole direction of the game changes. Pucks hitting post, wide open nets, a great save by Russia Goalie, and you could see the boys get deflated.
That poor Ryan Murray...4 goals off his stick/through his legs. Just bad, bad luck.

On a side note...that's my buddy with his hottie brunette behind the penalty bench. Go Paula!!

Kobe
01-03-2012, 09:49 PM
Anyone have Bronze medal tickets for sale? lol

Benny
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
This is such a shit game. Stupid fucking penalties, bad goaltending, shit reffing, lucky goals, and nothing going Canada's way. :(

Canucks3322
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by prosh
Composure wasn't an issue when they were putting up 10 goals against the Latvians or Denmark. Seems like since the last half of the US game and leading into this game, their weaknesses are getting exposed.

Glad im not the only on thinking this, since that 2nd period, we've sucked, we were lucky the Americans playing with more heart didn't tie it up and embarass us.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Benny
shit reffing

Bullshit. The reffing has been almost spot-on, Canada has nobody to blame but themselves for such an embarrassing display of undisciplined hockey. If you can't maintain composure, you don't deserve to be playing at an international level.

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
This is such a shit game. Stupid fucking penalties, bad goaltending, shit reffing, lucky goals, and nothing going Canada's way. :(

:facepalm: Obviously you've only watched hockey from your couch.

Every penalty was the right call. The first 3 goals were tipped off a stick or a body, the breakaway goal was a solid deke. Period. You're only accurate statement was "nothing going Canada's way". Bad bounces. But you're way off on blaming the ref's and Wedgewood.

flipstah
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Bullshit. The reffing has been almost spot-on, Canada has nobody to blame but themselves for such an embarrassing display of undisciplined hockey. If you can't maintain composure, you don't deserve to be playing at an international level.

Right on the money.

Benny
01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

The Jenner one was tough to swallow but he did spear him. I don't know why the Russian player was even talking to him though. The guy who hit him only getting 2 minutes for a pretty blatant elbow to the head was bullshit. Huberdeau's slash was a weak call, and getting a misconduct for hitting his stick on the boards was bullshit.

GenerationX
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Canada is straight up getting outplayed.

flipstah
01-03-2012, 10:04 PM
That was a beauty of a shot! But 6-1. :(

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM

The Jenner one was tough to swallow but he did spear him. I don't know why the Russian player was even talking to him though. The guy who hit him only getting 2 minutes for a pretty blatant elbow to the head was bullshit. Huberdeau's slash was a weak call, and getting a misconduct for hitting his stick on the boards was bullshit.
You don't know why the Ruskie was talking to him??? Why do you think...to draw him into a penalty!!! And he played it perfectly. A blatant elbow is still "elbowing". 2 minutes. When you slam your stick like that, trust me at the same time he's yelling at the ref "Wake the fuck up...fuck you...what a joke...." All of which will get you "dimed" by a ref in a game when you and your team are losing your composure. .

The reffing has been bang on. The Russians dive live a swim team...but still only after they've been hit with the high stick...on every penalty, the stick did come in contact.

This is what they talk about when they refer to the "pressure of a playoff game" and how much the mental aspect comes into play.

Interesting... 6-3...still too little too late. (secretly I'm hoping though)

BerserkerCatSplat
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM

The spear was a spear. The slash was a painfully obvious slash. Smacking his stick on the boards after being assessed a penalty is easily grounds for a 10min misconduct. These are the rules. The players know them and so do the referees. I've seen far more disciplined play from Junior C.

D'z Nutz
01-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Still lots of time for two more goals!

phreezee
01-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Wait a minute...

D'z Nutz
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Canada going on the PP...

dirtsniffer
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
herp and deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrp

D'z Nutz
FUCK YEAH!!!! One more goal!!!

phreezee
Oh man, BELIEVE!!!

Kobe
OMG OMG OMG

5-6

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
ohhh my GOD.....

They have to "rattle" the Russians. Get them off their game.
C'mon boys...holy fuck, my nerves

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88CRX
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
What. The. Fuck.

flipstah
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
People are definitely getting their money's worth tonight.

Fuck. yes.

dirtsniffer
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
:eek:

dirtsniffer
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
:rolleyes:

D'z Nutz
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Ah damn it. Too little, too late. Lot of chances though....

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Good God....what a game. Wow.....to come back from that. And hit the post with the tying goal.
Adrenaline just pumping through my veins right now....need a drink.

Kloubek
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Crazy 3rd. At least they made a game of it.

brucebanner
01-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Great game, minus the officials..

Soooo close to tying that up!

Benny
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Fuck me that turned into an awesome finish. Russians deserved it in the end. Can't show up for 10 minutes against a team like that. The goal post at the end almost made me cry :nut:

C_Dave45
01-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Fuck me that turned into an awesome finish. Russians deserved it in the end. Can't show up for 10 minutes against a team like that. The goal post at the end almost made me cry :nut:

Amen to that.

dirtsniffer
01-03-2012, 10:42 PM
LOL

"sometimes you get a miracle, and sometimes you get a post."

Canucks3322
01-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Sooooo...how bout those Flames tonight?

K3RMiTdot
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
^^ lost 3-1

canadian_hustla
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
lol you guys should watch kijiji, watch the scalpers used to charging $500/ticket for gold medal game now only get $100 or whatever. oh wait, i have tickets for the gold medal game... fuuuuck i better learn russian and fast! lol
:(

there will be higher demand for bronze medal game though

Canucks3322
01-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by K3RMiTdot
^^ lost 3-1

I know that lol I promised to never post in the Flames thread again

Merritt
01-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Lol tickets are selling for $1k-3k already now.

max_boost
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow lol god bless those kids. So much drama between the two teams. I missed it all lol and there was a post too on the potential game tying goal? That is just insane. No words can describe.

Type_S1
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Canadian goaltending was the problem in this game as with many in the past (I.e. USA 2 years ago) great rally by the team though they really showed a Lot of heart.

All these scalpers piss me off though cops should crack down on events like this where real fans should have got tickets. a large amount of people in the arena don't even know what is going on from what I witnessed today and many other days of this tourney...learn the fucking rules of he game before you show up with a jersey supporting a team.

Benny
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
All these scalpers piss me off though cops should crack down on events like this where real fans should have got tickets. a large amount of people in the arena don't even know what is going on from what I witnessed today and many other days of this tourney...learn the fucking rules of he game before you show up with a jersey supporting a team.

I was a little pissed when the fans were booing Kuznetsov when he got his player of the game award. Like, come the fuck on. Yeah your team lost but the kid played his ass off and totally earned it. Pretty classless.

rvd
01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Canadian goaltending was the problem in this game as with many in the past (I.e. USA 2 years ago) great rally by the team though they really showed a Lot of heart.

Disagree 100%. Goaltending wasn't the problem tonight, not when your own guy is deflecting them into your own net on you. See goal 1,2,3 for examples.

ExtraSlow
01-04-2012, 07:15 AM

I was a little pissed when the fans were booing Kuznetsov when he got his player of the game award. Like, come the fuck on. Yeah your team lost but the kid played his ass off and totally earned it. Pretty classless.
That was very weak. Once the game is over, that kid should have gotten a standing ovation.

Was pretty funny how the Russians stole the puck after our boys scored those three quick goals. I was right by the Russian bench, and the player skated it right over to the bench and the equipment manager took it back to the dressing room. Refs definitely saw it happen and didn't seem to care.

Guess superstitions are pretty common.

t_soarer
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM

Very classless...followed by the playing of the Russian anthem and a bunch of Canadian fans starting to sing "Oh Canada.." over top of it...that's just sad. Give the boys some respect, they silenced the crowds with an amazing performance.

Type_S1
01-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by rvd

Disagree 100%. Goaltending wasn't the problem tonight, not when your own guy is deflecting them into your own net on you. See goal 1,2,3 for examples.

I'm a goaltender by trade and the goaltending was weak all around. Deflections suck but Goalies train their whole lives for quick reactions and AT LEAST one of those should be saved if you rewatch them. Here's my breakdown of the goals from a goalies perspective

1st - no way that first goal should be in the net, rewatch it and it was just a terrible effort by wedgewood.

2nd - Wedgewood had no chance at this, too much traffic and deflection

3rd - Tough call on this one, deflection was far enough out that reaction time was enough for the save, wedgewood shouldn't have been down in the first place as the shot was going high...once again tough call on this because it is a tough save but by an elite goalie should be made

4th - Goalie caught flat footed from what I saw, wasn't a good move by the player, should not be in the net but a canadian defensive breakdown and can't be blamed 100% on goalie.

5th- Go rewatch, this was not a goal that should be in at all

6th- this was a great move by the russian and good goal with complete error on the Canadian defense/ coaching

I coach goalies and have been one my whole life and this is how I would break the goals down to a goalie I am coaching (of course a lot more detail but these are the main points).

So I should not say it is 100% the goaltending because the Canadian defense had some very costly breakdowns but a elite goaltender would have made a few game changing saves. I don't think either of the Canadian goaltenders in this tournament are the top in the age group anyways so :dunno:

As for the Canadians booing Kuznetsov, this is what I was referring to when I mean learn the game of hockey and have real hockey fans attending these not just a bunch of bandwagon idiots. Every time he touched the puck in this game it seemed there was danger, he was a machine and put on the best single game performance of any player at the world juniors in this game. So disrespectful boo'ing a kid like this...he should be applauded for the great play.

Can't wait for the games tomorrow though they are going to be awesome even though I am sure 80% of the Canadian "fans" won't even bother to watch the games now.

On a side note; did anyone pick up any auction items down in the Avision young? Some items went for really decent prices, picked up two auto'd pictures 1 of kipper and 1 of luongo for $100 each.

m10-power
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Lol Russians are the new USA for the sportsmanship (lack there of)

Hope Sweden beats them tonight

They boo him because he deserves to be booed, saying lack of hockey sense by the fans is laughable. Read some of his quotes then comment, look at how they acted after last years win, real champs...

Xamim
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
What do you want him to say? He got booed for getting player of the game on enemy turf. This isn't fucking Vancouver, I thought Calgary would have a bit more class. I'm not even going to get into the whole anthem thing.

Merritt
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
So who gets the gold medal?

roopi
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Merritt

Sweden. :thumbsup:

m10-power
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Merritt

Swedes, they owned the Russians out shooting them 58-17.

Type_S1
01-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Amazing game, was behind the net for the winning goal.

All I can say is the Swedes outplayed the ruskies in every single aspect but were against a goalie who probably just played the game of his life.

Honestly though...what the fuck was with Gustafsson getting the star of the game for the Sweds!?!? He wasn't even a factor in the game.

Great Tournament all around, went to almost every game, won a few of the silent auctions for sports memorabilia, met some super hot girls at the dome, met a few of the players at COP over the course of the last few weeks and witnessed an awesome gold medal game. Russia next year here I come!

Kobe
01-06-2012, 03:07 AM
So fucken glad the Sweds won! Just got home, but the Russians got outplayed so badly all game..