PDA

View Full Version : working for Centaur Subaru?

S13
01-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Hey guys,

Been out of work for a few months, and now I'm looking for a job back as an Automotive Tech again, and I saw an ad on kijiji for an tech position at Centaur Subaru.

I've read some bad reviews people have given this place, and I've driven past this place many times and it does look pretty shady.

Question is for those of you who have had your car serviced there, would you bring it back? and for those you who work there or know someone who works there, do you think its a good place to work at? or should I try to find something elsewhere?

Most of my career has been with Acura and Toyota. Only experience I have so far with Subaru's is just replacing the T-belt, struts/springs, and rear wheel bearings on my Forester.

Just started looking recently, but I will most likely just drop resumes at a few places and see if anyone bites.

If anyone knows of any places that may be hiring please let me know, that would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to have a job by the end of the month after I come back from Asia.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

AE92_TreunoSC
01-03-2012, 01:07 AM
From the few tech's I've talked to its been a problem with management, they don't like spending money on fixing problems or upgrading/supplying equipment.

They have a fairly bad reputation and I don't know if you want to lower yourself into that shops history.

Still, go for an interview and see what's what.

Subaru's are super easy to work on, very few variations. You'd be doing a lot of headgaskets if you joined on. They still fail like clockwork.

Tik-Tok
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm really surprised another Subaru dealership hasn't popped up by now, considering their growing popularity (with non-enthusiasts), and the fact everyone hates both dealerships in town, lol.