PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing an EVO 9

Pages : [1] 2

KRyn
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi beyond.ca!

I am looking for some insight on purchasing a car from the United States. I have educated my self on the actual process of bringing a car up and it seems very straight forward. However, I am having a rather difficult time finding cars worth importing. Ideally I would like to bring up an EVO 9 SE (as it has all of the options as the MR minus the crappy 6 speed transmission). I have been checking the US autotrader website and occasionally a reasonably priced SE will pop up. Unfortunatley, it seems more than likely I may just end up buying a MR and eventually have a built 5 speed swapped in. Any advice on where to look for cars other than the obvious websites (autotrader, eBay, etc) would be appreciated.

I have contacted a gentlemen by the name of Kieth Duncan out of Lethbridge who specializes in bringing up cars from the US. After exchanging a few emails he has yet to get back to me with any detials. He apparently has a license to a number of dealer auctions. Would it be worth my time to contact someone else who does this for a living? Would the savings be substantial?

TIA!

hurrdurr
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Dealer Auctions are dangerous as lots of junk comes through and if you get it right through an option it'll normally be a repo since it's newer and therefore probably in bad condition and need some sort of work before travelling the distance back.

Check out Craigslist. I bought my car off a seller from Phoenix there. Also check out the Mitsu Forums.

Don't settle on something you don't want. Take your time and get something you want for the price you're ready to pay.

Good Luck!

max_boost
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Team_Mclaren imported my NSX for me. I found the car, got in contact with the seller, made sure it wasn't a scam, took care of payment. TM flew down, drove the car back, took care of all paperwork. Good guy to deal with.

The process itself isn't difficult but just requires time. The hardest part is finding the actual car.

dimi
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Be very very very wary of these cars. It is getting almost impossible to find one that:

1. Hasn't been abused
2. Hasn't been modded out making it completely un-daily drivable
3. Has been properly maintained with all records
4. Has one owner

I was going through this search a month ago, and I'll tell you, you have to be open about what colors/options/packages you want and you have to have cash to jump on a clean one. The good ones sell really fast.

For the record the 6speeds die because of: overheating (tracking the car), abuse(mostly why they fail), very heavy clutches. A few members with proper maintanance have gotten over 200,000kms out of their 6speed. Watch how it drives in 4th gear. Almost always its the gear that goes.

Read the maintanance requirements and understand them well. A lot of people do not understand that these cars require more maintanance than some exotic cars. The lack of maintanance on these cars leads to catastrophic results. For example, having the right amount of gear oil in your transfer case. If you don't, and don't check it often (every few 1000 kms, requires you to take the t-case out to do it properly, its in the manual), you will get the death whine. When you do you have to rebuild it RIGHT AWAY. If you don't the pinion siezes, which destroys your front diff and your centre diff (REALLY EXPENSIVE AND HARD TO FIND). We are talking $10,000+ in damage/labor. Understand that it is almost a requirement to have cash saved up for a new engine/tranny/diffs/tcase or you might be stuck with a car you cannot afford to fix.

Again read up and understand completely what you are getting yourself into or you might be in a world of hurt. Evo 9s have developed a reputation for their absurd performance, but you have to hear the horror stories to really get a feel for what the car is all about. A good place to do that and buy one is EvoM.

Good Luck

EDIT: Also, if something goes wrong, understand that you will be shipping the engine/tcase/diffs/tranny to the states which is a lot of money. There aren't too many people around here that I would trust performing rebuilds on those parts.

dimi
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Just as a baseline for you I was looking at 2006's listed in the $25-30 range. Almost everything below that priceline had something sketchy about it, damage, too many mods, unclear history. Add approximately 20% to that for the shipping/customs/fees etc, and it gets very expensive.

dimi
01-03-2012, 01:43 PM
:drool:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5299/5525710652_ce4c648e7b_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7142/6457348895_ac721452bd_z.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/405833_284519261598367_106576446059317_851746_117435506_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388706_315039461862366_104434632922851_1014218_827726482_n.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/brendansiu/Evo%20Build/20110520-Matt-Kwok-evosti-03.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/brendansiu/Car/1042096587_h4mSS-XL.jpg

KRyn
01-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Dimi, Evos like that are the reason I want to own one! So beautiful!

Thanks for the advice everyone, can you guys suggest some Evolution based forums I should keep an eye on? I googled for Evo forums with not much luck.

Do you think I can find and import an Evo 9 in good condition for under 30k? That is what I have decided to budget for the entire process. I have decided to buy one of my dream cars before purchasing property haha.

dimi
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-cars-sale-134/

Originally posted by KRyn
Do you think I can find and import an Evo 9 in good condition for under 30k?

It'll be hard. With the current exchng rates that essentially limits you to US $25 and under. I'm not trying to discourage you but if you could save a few thousand more, it'll allow you to target the high end specimens.

Oh and don't fool yourself this car will delay your home ownership by some time.

reiRei
01-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I bid you good luck trying to find an Evo IX in un-raped condition. I too am on the hunt (but I won't be purchasing one for another few years yet), I've been keeping an eye on the value of the car and it doesn't seem to be going down quickly.

I would save up and take the time to really look for one, or have the money put away to be able to jump on a good deal if one could be found.

but yes, Evo IX... :drool: do want.

Gibson
01-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Be very very very wary of these cars. It is getting almost impossible to find one that:

1. Hasn't been abused
2. Hasn't been modded out making it completely un-daily drivable
3. Has been properly maintained with all records
4. Has one owner

You seem to know a lot about Evos...I've been toying with the idea of picking up a JDM I-III, are there any big issues with them that a potential buyer should know about beforehand?

Sorath
01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I love evo 9's when i was looking at sti's and evo8/9's back then i really wish i spent the extra money for an evo instead of an sti. If i remember correctly there was a dealership in south cali that had the biggest stock of evos that were unmolested and unmodded. thats probably your best bet if you want a minty one.

KRyn
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
I love evo 9's when i was looking at sti's and evo8/9's back then i really wish i spent the extra money for an evo instead of an sti. If i remember correctly there was a dealership in south cali that had the biggest stock of evos that were unmolested and unmodded. thats probably your best bet if you want a minty one.

Anyway you can remeber / find out which dealership this is for me? Would be greatly appreciated!

Sorath
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
pretty sure it was south coast or south beach. this was also 4 years ago. so im not sure what their inventory on evos are

V6-BoI
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Good luck finding an EVO 9. Those cars are beautiful :drool:

EDIT: Whoops, my bad. I thought evoxforums.com has an EVO 9 section too, but I was thinking of evolutionm.net which has already been mentioned.

Disoblige
01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/used/Mitsubishi/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer+Evolution-687ce5284046384500a01a101ba8e91f.htm

Saw one if this is the same place referred to.

KRyn
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Just checked the southcoastmitsubishi.com website and sent them and email. They have a cool function you can use to get emails on certain makes / models when they arrive at their dealership. Thanks for the heads up.

rampagesauce
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
I used to own a 2004 evo 8. paid 26K for it locally.

i'll never do that again.

go onto the forums that were listed above, you can pick one up anywhere from 12-23k. most of which are going for around 17k.

yes its gonna be drivin like its supposed too, but its worth it, BUT if you insist on paying 25+ thousand dollars, then just buy it new. i know their are still some kickin around that just plain and simple havnt been bought off the lot yet. I was looking into a 2006 IX MR as well and it was going for 33k, apparently mint.

search on evolutionm.net and save a ton of money.

rampagesauce
01-03-2012, 05:07 PM
so did some lookin around. to no surprise i cant find any new ones anymore.

on that site, theres a few IX's going for cheap.
WW low mods for 20k
TB high mods for 18k
GG low mods for 18k
you get the picture. the biggest thing you can do with the evo the second you buy one, is replace the clutch assuming its still stock. dont know why but mitsubishi seriously pinched some pennies when it came to their clutch.

dimi
01-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by rampagesauce
I used to own a 2005 evo 8. paid 26K for it locally.

i'll never do that again.

go onto the forums that were listed above, you can pick one up anywhere from 12-23k. most of which are going for around 17k.

yes its gonna be drivin like its supposed too, but its worth it, BUT if you insist on paying 25+ thousand dollars, then just buy it new. i know their are still some kickin around that just plain and simple havnt been bought off the lot yet. I was looking into a 2006 IX MR as well and it was going for 33k, apparently mint.

search on evolutionm.net and save a ton of money.

First of all, 17k won't cut it. There was an evo 9 mr that sold a month ago for $18 but it was a SALVAGE. That's the cheapest I've seen for a 9. Clean titles usually start @ 20+ EDIT: of course low kms, < 100,000 kms

Second, buy it new? Link please. There was a dealer that had 4 evo 9s in storage for 4 years and was selling them during 2010-2011. You know how much they were asking? 50 grand. All of them sold. Nobody is stupid enough to sell you a brand new one for the sticker, if you can even find one. I mean a new one 6 years after they started selling is a bit of stretch.

Evo 9s are quite rare as there was only 1 year of production, there is a very high demand, so you aren't going to be saving any money. In fact I would recommend you spend more money, and get a good example. The value won't go down, I can gurantee you that. 9s are seen as one of the best evos produced (apart from Evo 6 TME). There will always be a market for the car if you keep it relatively stock, have all documentation, don't abuse it, dont crash it.

dimi
01-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Here is one I would consider. Obviously RS spec so forget about comfort.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-cars-sale/587450-2006-ix-rs-ww-nj.html

rampagesauce
01-03-2012, 05:10 PM
read the post above^^
when i was looking at the IX's new it was shortly after i already bought my VIII. which was around 08-09.

ive been keeping an eye out for them since as it is my dream car and i have full intention of buying one again.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-cars-sale/582497-2006-gg-mitsubishi-evolution-ix-se.html

minus the rims, pretty decent. and its an SE for the OP

dimi
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
read the post above^^
when i was looking at the IX's new it was shortly after i already bought my VIII. which was around 08-09.

ive been keeping an eye out for them since as it is my dream car and i have full intention of buying one again.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-cars-sale/582497-2006-gg-mitsubishi-evolution-ix-se.html

minus the rims, pretty decent. and its an SE for the OP

Look through the sellers previous posts and you'll see why it hasn't sold yet.

Guy has 20 pages of posts just buying/selling parts, no discussions or anything like that. just buying/selling parts. He also sold a few evos with salvage titles and some repaired ones.

I contacted him with a list of 10 questions that I wanted to know about the car. He only answered 2 of them, and in 1 sentence. be wary.

KRyn
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Here is one I would consider. Obviously RS spec so forget about comfort.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-cars-sale/587450-2006-ix-rs-ww-nj.html

How does the cloth in the Evo 9 compare to the fullload leather and suede? I can't say I have been in a newer Mitsubishi so I have no idea how their fit and finish is. Would the cloth interior in a Evo compare to a STI of similar year? I have spent a lot of time in my buddies 07 STI and the interior isn't to bad.

It sucks I can't go and sit in a few to see how the different trim levels stack up!

Dimi I may have to go for a beer with you to pick your brain and take some notes. Again thanks for your input!

94boosted
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Kenny if a IX is gona cost you 30K why not save up a few extra thousand and get into a X with a warranty :dunno:

dimi
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
Kenny if a IX is gona cost you 30K why not save up a few extra thousand and get into a X with a warranty :dunno:

Because its not an IX. Like I said previously the IX has the best performance of the sti/evos on the NA market (by a LONG shot), the rarest, and the most desirable.

Warranty on an evo is useless. This is Mitsubishi we're talking about here. They'll always blame it on some modification even if your car is bone stock.

As far as the trim levels, don't worry too much. You won't get a choice. All of the trim level pieces can be added on at a later time. Focus on getting a clean car. Personally I love the evo X seats so leather/suede makes no difference to me.

That said, an evo 9 SE (HIDs/fogs, aero kit, alum roof, BBS wheels) or SSL (sun,sound,leather) is the best of them.

heavyD
01-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Warranty on an evo is useless. This is Mitsubishi we're talking about here. They'll always blame it on some modification even if your car is bone stock.

Platinum is not like this. Heck my EVO was one of the milder modded ones that I would see in their service bay. They will only give you grief if the mods you put on led to the issues.

Maxx Mazda
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
What were the differences between the IX and the VIII? I know the front bumper is different, but I believe the 8's still had the MIVEC head did they not?

I guess what I'm asking, is aside from rarity, why would a 9 be more desireable than an 8?

KRyn
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
That said, an evo 9 SE (HIDs/fogs, aero kit, alum roof, BBS wheels) or SSL (sun,sound,leather) is the best of them.

This is exactly why I would love a SE! All of the goodies in the MR but not the transmission. Then I wouldn't have to worry about swapping anything and everything is always a little tighter and better put together from the factory. I guess if I end up with a MR I can send the transmission away to Shepard Racing to have it rebuilt as a five speed for 3-4 grand! :eek:

So how does the Evo 9 cloth interior look and feel?

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
What were the differences between the IX and the VIII? I know the front bumper is different, but I believe the 8's still had the MIVEC head did they not?

I guess what I'm asking, is aside from rarity, why would a 9 be more desireable than an 8?

Realistically if you plan on heavily modifying either an 8 or a 9 it doesn't matter. You have it backwards, the Evo 9 has MIVEC while the previous generation Evo 8 doesn't. This, with a different turbo allowed for quicker boost and better response. But once you change the cams on an Evo 9 MIVEC is more or less useless I believe. I also read the options for tuning the Evo 9 are slight more limited.

KRyn
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM

What Dimi said and Evo 9s have managed to keep their value relatively well over the past years. Evo Xs however can be had for next to nothing. Also Xs are fucking hideous to look at! :barf:

rampagesauce
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda

the IX has:
larger twin scroll turbo
shorter gears
gravel snow and tarmac traction settings
MIVEC
lighter bbs rims
and other slight cosmetic differences.

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
gravel snow and tarmac traction settings

The VIII for 2005 had this as well....

Like others have said, these cars are becoming more of a collector car.....i know of 03's with less than 15K on them that are still selling for $25k US (+20% to get them landed here in Canada)...

I agree though....the unicorn car would be an 06 IX SE with no mods and low miles....but reasonably, it will be a $30-$33K car landed up here..

Platinum had the best example i've seen for an 06 IX SE in the fall of 2010 - it had 16k miles on it, completely stock and it sold for $30K canadian....someone got a great deal/car. If i didn't have my SVT vert at the time, that car would've been coming home with me..

KRyn
01-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 4WARNED

Like others have said, these cars are becoming more of a collector car.....i know of 03's with less than 15K on them that are still selling for $25k US (+20% to get them landed here in Canada)...

I agree though....the unicorn car would be an 06 IX SE with no mods and low miles....but reasonably, it will be a $30-$33K car landed up here..

Platinum had the best example i've seen for an 06 IX SE in the fall of 2010 - it had 16k miles on it, completely stock and it sold for $30K canadian....someone got a great deal/car. If i didn't have my SVT vert at the time, that car would've been coming home with me..

If I recall you are the gentlemen who managed to purchase and ensure an EVO 8 in Canada before they became banned because of that silly collision law? Did you drive your Evo in the winter? If I do end up purchasing one I am having serious thoughts about only driving it in the summer. What trim level did you have?

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 10:12 AM

If I recall you are the gentlemen who managed to purchase and ensure an EVO 8 in Canada before they became banned because of that silly collision law? Did you drive your Evo in the winter? If I do end up purchasing one I am having serious thoughts about only driving it in the summer. What trim level did you have?

I was one of the lucky ones, and my first 03 VIII WW was one of those 15 that snuck in before they closed the border to EVO's. I bought mine in Saskatchewan from the second owner....

I never did drive my EVO in the winter and i took alot of flack from my rally and CSCC buds over that, but i had an 88 mazda 323 GTX as my winter beater so i didn't have to drive it either. I was more worried about someone running into me and writing it off - and then not being able to replace it (i.e. RIV hadn't opened the borders to them at the time either). I enjoyed that car alot (put 16k miles on it without a hiccup) and sold it to an enthusiast in edmonton (who still has it). I still regret selling that car to this day...

Rampagesauce (poster in this thread) bought the second evo i owned ( 04 SSL VIII Silver) but it appears he doesn't have it anymore. I still feel guilty over that transaction as it appeared he ended up having lots of issues with the car...

Having imported many cars over the years, i find myself again on the hunt for an evo....either 05 SSL or 06 SE.....i've got lots of leads on undiscovered cars - just need to pull the trigger on one (or two)..

I'm not a huge fan of the X's.....the VIII's and IX's have a more raw feeling to them....more connected to the road and communicating more feedback to the driver without all the fancy electronic aids. They are a pretty bare bones car (no cruise, etc)...and i've only seen 3-4 of them on our streets since the border opened up. The reasons for that are 1) the cost of importing one, and 2) unable to finance them as a purchase from the US.

i did see a silver 06 IX MR going the other direction on deerfoot after boxing day and i hold that guy responsible for renewing my search for another EVO....they really are a great car. But don't cheap out and get an inexpensive or modded one - save up more $$ if you have to and buy the top examples out there. it'll be worth it in the end...

Chris

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM

How does the cloth in the Evo 9 compare to the fullload leather and suede? I can't say I have been in a newer Mitsubishi so I have no idea how their fit and finish is. Would the cloth interior in a Evo compare to a STI of similar year? I have spent a lot of time in my buddies 07 STI and the interior isn't to bad.

i actually preferred the cloth on my 03 VIII seats versus the leather recaros in the 04 SSL....they were great seats, but either choice would be a good one...

The 06 IX SE seats were equivalent to my 03 cloth ones...as in, if you're gonna do some spirited driving, they were better for holding me in place, versus the complete leather Recaros of the SSL (where i could feel myslef sliding around a bit)..

I'll admit - the VIII/IX interior is a bit disappointing/plain in that it's basically a base lancer interior....nothing wrong with it, but the STi and EVO X are definitely nicer looking inside. The SE IX interior was probably the best looking with the red piping...

KRyn
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
You should share said leads with me or point me in the right direction! Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 10:26 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/2778693022.html

sounds like this one is sold already...(and no, not to me)..love the EB color....

there are lots of good ones out there - just need to spend the time looking for them..

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Maybe you contact the guy who bought the 06 SE IX from Platinum to get a look at it...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evom-newbie-faqs-forum/516082-new-evo-9-owner-canada.html

4WARNED
01-04-2012, 10:42 AM
You should share said leads with me or point me in the right direction! Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

I've got some but i'm trying to see what their bottom line $$ ends up being..

KRyn
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Hmm guess it all comes down to getting lucky! Hopefully a beautiful car comes up for sale when I am ready to buy! So many cars are in rough shape and modified way to aggressively. I just want a single owner, 15000 original miles, mint condition SE! Is that to much to ask!?

dimi
01-04-2012, 11:16 AM

You would be retarded to pay that much money for an 03. No ACD and no helical LSD and its a collectors car? That's one of the best things about the Evo is you can reflash the ACD to whatever driving style you have. 03-04s that don't have the ACD are not what you want.

If you don't want to pay the collectors premium on an 06, get an 05 and swap to an 06 turbo. MIVEC is a very minor thing and honestly I like the 8 front bumper more.

dimi
01-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Hmm guess it all comes down to getting lucky! Hopefully a beautiful car comes up for sale when I am ready to buy! So many cars are in rough shape and modified way to aggressively. I just want a single owner, 15000 original miles, mint condition SE! Is that to much to ask!?

Its a lot to ask for indeed, especially in the price range you desire. Like I said there is no way you are getting that car for $25 US. Be realistic, everyone that posted in this thread wants one.

KRyn
01-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I was being sarcastic I guess it is difficult to get that across via the Internet haha.

I just want to find something I will be happy with at the end of the day.

dimi
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Likewise

dimi
01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
This would be one of my first mods to kill the little bit of understeer that the car exibits.
:drool:

KPr9IXfLnj8

95EagleAWD
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Then don't buy an Evo.

KRyn
01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Then don't buy an Evo.

Why not didn't you own a beautiful MR? Did you dislike yours for
Some reason? Just because it has a 4G63 doesn't mean it is a DSM!

95EagleAWD
01-05-2012, 02:36 AM
I owned a stunning MR. It took me three months to hate it and get rid of it.

If it was my third car or something, it would be alright. But the shitty inside, no cruise, loud, everyone wanting to race me... It got old quick.

I'll actually say it was the worst car I've owned. Not because it wasn't capable, it certainly was. Fast, handled great, etc. But I've never been so let down by a car.

4WARNED
01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2767175616.html

http://www.orlandtoyota.com/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Serving-Chicago-IL/vd/8928005

KRyn
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM

If it was my third car or something, it would be alright. But the shitty inside, no cruise, loud, everyone wanting to race me... It got old quick.

I'll actually say it was the worst car I've owned. Not because it wasn't capable, it certainly was. Fast, handled great, etc. But I've never been so let down by a car.

What were you expecting when you bought an Evo? Sounds like you should have just bought a S4. You wanted something quiet and luxurious? I am lucky as this will be my second car and a huugggeeee upgrade at that. I have driven my buddies STI (meth kit, big turbo, etc) a lot, it is loud with no options per say. But everytime I get out of it I have a giant shit eating grin on my face. Also it is rock solid in winter (if I do drive my Evo in winter). I think I will be able to hold on to the Evo for a few years. Also I want to get into auto-X next season with it.

Question, how old did you happen to be when you purchased your Evo?

dimi
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/2767175616.html

http://www.orlandtoyota.com/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-Serving-Chicago-IL/vd/8928005

Red one is nice. As for the second one, 3 owners in 25,000 miles?

KRyn
01-05-2012, 10:05 AM

Red one is nice. As for the second one, 3 owners in 25,000 miles?

The manual boost controller has me a little worried in the red one if anything. How long will that poor turbo last at maximum boost?

4WARNED
01-05-2012, 01:19 PM

As for the second one, 3 owners in 25,000 miles?

that could've been 3 ryan's in a row who didn't like the rawness....;) ...i kid, i kid....

4WARNED
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM

The manual boost controller has me a little worried in the red one if anything. How long will that poor turbo last at maximum boost?

loaded question with no good answer.........that's why it's worth it to pay more for a completely stock example....hence, the high end prices to match...

i've been tracking the low mileage evos' for sale over the past 2 years....there are good deals to be had but one has to act quick...last January, there were tons of low miler evos for sale (and selling) around $22K US....that seems to have moved to around $25K now...

heavyD
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM

LOL so the car was exactly as advertised and you were let down? Sounds like you let yourself down as if you researched you would have realized you weren't getting an Audi or even an STI. EVO's are for people that want something that handles better than an STI, can go faster more reliably, and can handle the fact that it's essentially a rally car for public purchase.

4WARNED
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
This one just sold....

http://modestotoyota.com/preowned/index.cfm/action/view_2006_mitsubishi_lancer_evolution_ix_awd_manual/vehicle/JA3AH86C26U066823/#

4WARNED
01-06-2012, 09:20 AM
http://eastidaho.craigslist.org/cto/2779826743.html

higher mileage but new clutch and it's WW...relatively close in Idaho...

dimi
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
You have to look at each car on case by case basis and talk to the owner (hopefully only one).

For example a MBC is actually very useful and it would be one of the first things I would get. Lets say you tune your car when its 10 degrees, when the temperature goes down to -20, its a quick way to turn the boost down instead of having to retune the car. You just have to talk to the owner and feel comfortable that he knows what he is doing. An MBC does not necessarily mean the car is running at maximum boost, its just a quick way to regulate it.

Don't focus too much on mileage either. As I mentioned the car GG with 25,000 miles, would you pay 29 grand to be the 4th owner of that car?

95Eagleawd. Every one of the factors that let you down you could have known prior to the purchase of the car. It sounds pretty bang on on what the evo is all about to be honest.

KRyn
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Answered my own question.

95EagleAWD
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

LOL so the car was exactly as advertised and you were let down? Sounds like you let yourself down as if you researched you would have realized you weren't getting an Audi or even an STI. EVO's are for people that want something that handles better than an STI, can go faster more reliably, and can handle the fact that it's essentially a rally car for public purchase.

Oh I knew exactly what I was getting into. But I expected build quality better then my DSM, and such things like that. I got tired of the car very quickly, that's all. Like I said, I was let down. It was my only car and for that, it failed. I moved from an S2000 and never regretted selling a car so much in my life.

Oh well. Live and learn.

95EagleAWD
01-06-2012, 06:32 PM

What were you expecting when you bought an Evo? Sounds like you should have just bought a S4. You wanted something quiet and luxurious? I am lucky as this will be my second car and a huugggeeee upgrade at that. I have driven my buddies STI (meth kit, big turbo, etc) a lot, it is loud with no options per say. But everytime I get out of it I have a giant shit eating grin on my face. Also it is rock solid in winter (if I do drive my Evo in winter). I think I will be able to hold on to the Evo for a few years. Also I want to get into auto-X next season with it.

Question, how old did you happen to be when you purchased your Evo?

Nope. I didn't want luxury at all. But like I posted above, I've built LEGO kits that are more solid than the inside of an Evo. It wasn't just loud. It rattled, squeaked, etc. So I was let down. This was an MR, spec'd out to the nuts too.

I was 24 when I bought it.

If it's what you want, then great, go for it. They're certainly FUN. But I'd hate to drive to Vancouver in it and stuff like that. They are what they are; toys.

georgemagana
01-06-2012, 07:20 PM

Because its not an IX. Like I said previously the IX has the best performance of the sti/evos on the NA market (by a LONG shot), the rarest, and the most desirable.

As far as the trim levels, don't worry too much. You won't get a choice. All of the trim level pieces can be added on at a later time. Focus on getting a clean car. Personally I love the evo X seats so leather/suede makes no difference to me.

Just to clear some info here, the IX runs about the same 1/4 mile times than the 2011+ evo X plus the the evo x has a newer most advanced awc which makes the car handle better. Yes the IX was faster than the 08 And 2010 X but not faster than the 2011 (way better stock tune) 08X made 230-240awhp and the stock 2011 made 270awhp. Too bad the op doesn't like the look of the 10!

Like said before! don't cheap out and buy one as closed to stock as possible! I would also talk to the owner and ask for his name on the forums then I would check all his posts to make sure he isn't an idiot and tht he didn't modd or shit like that!

Good luck man! I love the way the IX looks!!

heavyD
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana

Just to clear some info here, the IX runs about the same 1/4 mile times than the 2011+ evo X plus the the evo x has a newer most advanced awc which makes the car handle better. Yes the IX was faster than the 08 And 2010 X but not faster than the 2011 (way better stock tune) 08X made 230-240awhp and the stock 2011 made 270awhp. Too bad the op doesn't like the look of the 10!

Like said before! don't cheap out and buy one as closed to stock as possible! I would also talk to the owner and ask for his name on the forums then I would check all his posts to make sure he isn't an idiot and tht he didn't modd or shit like that!

Good luck man! I love the way the IX looks!!

Yep. EVO X's are the fastest clocked North American EVO's ever. The 2010 EVO X SE is a hair under 3 seconds faster than the EVO IX MR recorded on the C&D Lightning Lap and even the 2008 EVO X MR with the terrible 2008 factory tune still outperformed the IX MR. North American VIII's and IX's lack the torque vectoring S-AYC of the X that enables the X to overcome it's significant weight disadvantage and still put up superior lap times.

Road & Track clocked a 2011 EVO X GSR at 4.3 seconds 0-60 which is the fastest ever clocked on a North American EVO.

KRyn
01-08-2012, 11:47 PM
http://evotraderonline.com/

Yummy, but everything is priced really, really high.

KRyn
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I found my dream car! It is missing a few options but is otherwise in perfect condition! Anyone want to lend me a few grand haha!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=78195521&listingRecNum=0&criteria=sf1Dir%3DASC%26mkId%3D20030%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21379%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId%26zc%3D90101%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DDESC%26sf1Nm%3DmodelYear%26sf2Nm%3Dprice%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1

dimi
01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
2003's blow. Open front diff sucks balls compared to the LSD in the '04 evo RS and 05-06 evos. The viscous centre LSD in the 03-04 evos also sucks balls compared to the 05-06 active centre diff. The whole point of the evo is handling, why buy the worst handling one? I'd take an Sti over 03-04 evos.

dimi
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Yep. EVO X's are the fastest clocked North American EVO's ever. The 2010 EVO X SE is a hair under 3 seconds faster than the EVO IX MR recorded on the C&amp;D Lightning Lap and even the 2008 EVO X MR with the terrible 2008 factory tune still outperformed the IX MR. North American VIII's and IX's lack the torque vectoring S-AYC of the X that enables the X to overcome it's significant weight disadvantage and still put up superior lap times.

Road &amp; Track clocked a 2011 EVO X GSR at 4.3 seconds 0-60 which is the fastest ever clocked on a North American EVO.

I agree with both of you on that but overall you cannot deny that the IX is a much better performance platform. Its hard to delete that 250b+ disadvantage. Its almost a 400lb diference when comparing to the X MR.

As far as engine tunes go, who cares. The evo 9 had a pretty sad tune from the factory too. At the end of the day for a few hundred $ most people will tune these engines so what Mitsubishi thought would be a good tune doesn't really matter. Both the 4g63 and 4b11 are great at making power.

The thing that makes evos handle the way they do is the ACD. AYC to me is just a bandaid. You know that when you reflash the ACD for a more aggressive tune (more performance/handling) the first thing you do is delete AYC right? Non-USDM CT9A evos (the ones that had AYC) usually switch over to a mechanical diff deleting AYC, not the other way around.

Stock for stock, sure the evo X might be a bit faster. But when you start modding (most of the demographic of this car) the performance advantages of the IX become apparent. It doesn't take much money either. However I do agree that the X is as much of an EVO as any other gen, they are all brutal performance cars.

KRyn
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
2003's blow. Open front diff sucks balls compared to the LSD in the '04 evo RS and 05-06 evos. The viscous centre LSD in the 03-04 evos also sucks balls compared to the 05-06 active centre diff. The whole point of the evo is handling, why buy the worst handling one? I'd take an Sti over 03-04 evos.

Good advice, I didn't know this. You are a wealth of Evolution knowledge Dimi! Thanks.

94boosted
01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
If the thing does have an open diff I would stay away from it Kryn especially since you wana get into autocross and maybe someday even track the car. An LSD makes a big difference.

4WARNED
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
I found my dream car! It is missing a few options but is otherwise in perfect condition! Anyone want to lend me a few grand haha!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&amp;csDlId=&amp;csDgId=&amp;listingId=78195521&amp;listingRecNum=0&amp;criteria=sf1Dir%3DASC%26mkId%3D20030%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21379%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId%26zc%3D90101%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DDESC%26sf1Nm%3DmodelYear%26sf2Nm%3Dprice%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&amp;aff=national&amp;listType=1

FWIW...that car just sold on EBAY for $22217....

Ferrari of Scottsdale has a beautiful 06 MR SE with 22k miles on it for around $27.5K...

And here's the one that i just missed....06 WW MR...8k miles....sold for $24975......

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=82156812&listingRecNum=0&criteria=prMx%3D25000%26sf1Dir%3DDESC%26prMn%3D0%26alMdId%3D21379%26mkId%3D20030%26mlgMx%3D10000%26stkTyp%3DU%26mdId%3D21379%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice-pseudoYear-pseudoMileage%26zc%3D90210%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26yrMx%3D2006%26alMkId%3D20030%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1

Damnit...even with checking almost every hour, that one slipped through my fingers.....

dimi
01-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Damnit...even with checking almost every hour, that one slipped through my fingers.....

Take a deep breath man, its just a car. You'll find a nice one :) As I said before "walk to buy, run to sell"

EDIT: Who are you planning to ship the car with?

4WARNED
01-20-2012, 10:29 AM

EDIT: Who are you planning to ship the car with?

Ship? hell no....i'd drive it back....any excuse for a road trip with a fast car....

I'm really close to the 06 MR at the Ferrari Scottsdale dealer......it's exactly what i want as a keeper.....i know the MR gets flack for having the weaker tranny, but it would simply be a nice weather driver for me....and i sure as hell wouldn't beat on it....that's what my 2.5RS is for at the rallies...

dimi
01-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Ship? hell no....i'd drive it back....any excuse for a road trip with a fast car....

I'm really close to the 06 MR at the Ferrari Scottsdale dealer......it's exactly what i want as a keeper.....i know the MR gets flack for having the weaker tranny, but it would simply be a nice weather driver for me....and i sure as hell wouldn't beat on it....that's what my 2.5RS is for at the rallies...

Actually the 6 speed is a pretty good tranny. A lot of people have gotten 200+ k miles on it with no problem. As I mentioned previously the reasons why the fail:

1. Driver Error (this probably accounts for 95% of them). This is not a tranny you want to learn how to shift on or grind gears.

2. Overheating (usually track days). An oil cooler can help mitigate this issue. Funny though that some people have had 50+ track days without a single issue, leading me back to driver error for the cause of failure.

3. Too much torque. This tranny was designed for about 100ft/lb less than the 5 speed. Keep that in mind when you mod and its all good. I'd say keep the torque under 350 ft/lb and its all good. You can rev out the top end (with some cams) and still get close to 400 whp with that torque, which is more than enough for me.

Also, 1-3 gears in the 6 speed are actually pretty stout so around town you can drive it hard (no launches!!!) and it will be fine. 4th gear is the weakest one and you don't do WOT pulls in that gear or shift hard into/out of it. 5-6th are also a bit flimsy but its always 4th that goes.

EDIT: improved 6 speed gearsets from Shep are gone and he doesn't plan to build more. dissapointing.

KRyn
01-20-2012, 11:11 AM

This is also my plan. Hopefully my self and 94boosted who is purchasing a Corvette from the States can find cars at similar times. Pick up our cars and road trip back to Cabada together. Time will tell though. I still have some saving to do. Especially if I want something in mint condition.

Do you guys plan to winter drive your Evos? I want to but at the same time our Calgary roads are harsh! Gravel and salt, blah. I suppose that is what 3M wrap is for.

So now you are stuck with Shepard's 5 speed rebuild kit for your 6 sleep MR? Doesn't it take the best gears from the 5 speed and 6 speed?

94boosted
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM

This is also my plan. Hopefully my self and 94boosted who is purchasing a Corvette from the States can find cars at similar times. Pick up our cars and road trip back to Cabada together.

:thumbsup: Yeah buddy!

That will be a fun road trip.......it's true what they say about no demerits on your drivers abstract from US Speeding tickets right?

4WARNED
01-20-2012, 01:34 PM

Do you guys plan to winter drive your Evos? I want to but at the same time our Calgary roads are harsh! Gravel and salt, blah. I suppose that is what 3M wrap is for.

Nope....and i'll take more flack for it but i have other cars to drive in the winter.....

As for the 6 speed, yeah, i know, it's not ideal but it'll be better down the highway with the extra gear...i'm not powershifting or boost launching all the time, nor driving it hard......same as my previous ones...really,it'll get babied and i don't plan on modding any of it.....i want her completely stock.

dimi
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Winter driving for sure. I don't see why not. The car is just as amazing/fun in the winter as it is in the summer. Its one of the reasons why I want to buy one.

There is gravel on our streets year round. That shouldn't be a concern. Mitigate the effects of rust the best you can (undercoat and frquent carwashes of the underbody) and you're good to go.

I mean do you really see yourself driving an Evo 5-7 years down the road? Cause its not going to turn into a rustbucket in a year.

Personally I don't want a car sitting dormant for a good 6-7 months of the year.

4WARNED
01-20-2012, 02:10 PM
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/2801984586.html

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=314487609&dealer_id=100052622&car_year=2006&model=LANCEREVO&pager.offset=25&search_lang=en&start_year=1981&search_type=both&distance=0&rdm=1327070910002&marketZipError=false&advanced=y&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2006&showZipError=y&dma=LOS_ANGELES_SO&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&body_code=0&first_record=26&isFlashPlugin=true&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=45000&address=90210&sort_type=priceDESC&max_price=32000&make=MIT&num_records=25&seller_type=b&cardist=35&standard=false

See you guys on the road...my IX is coming home in april....

;)

4WARNED
01-23-2012, 08:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lancer-Evo-MR-6-Speed-/200702788436?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2ebad18354

Not a bad looking IX...lowmiles....in talking to the guy, it sound slike $25k would take it...(and that's not a bad price considering we're basically at PAR right now)..

KRyn
01-24-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/vehicle-inventory/details.htm?vehicleId=bc950d1b0a0a006501c06a6dbdbddfb1

http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/used/Mitsubishi/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer+Evolution-bc950d1b0a0a006501c06a6dbdbddfb1.htm

Single owner... price is low and car fax reports no accidents! Any problems with buying a car from out east in the States? Would I have to worry about flooding and corrosion due to the use of excessive salt?

KRyn
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Gah trying to save money is so hard haha. I am going to my bank on Friday to get some information on a personal line of credit, rates and the general process. I really don't want to take out a bigger loan from the bank than I need to. But I doubt I can save twenty thousand by April. At this rate I will be lucky to have fifteen. Let's hope the rates they offer me are decent, somehow I doubt they will be.

KRyn
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM

See you guys on the road...my IX is coming home in april....

;)

Did you already purchase something!?!

4WARNED
01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/vehicle-inventory/details.htm?vehicleId=bc950d1b0a0a006501c06a6dbdbddfb1

http://www.bmwofsilverspring.com/used/Mitsubishi/2006-Mitsubishi-Lancer+Evolution-bc950d1b0a0a006501c06a6dbdbddfb1.htm

Single owner... price is low and car fax reports no accidents! Any problems with buying a car from out east in the States? Would I have to worry about flooding and corrosion due to the use of excessive salt?

Not a bad price but the mileage is starting to creap up there....a new clutch would be needed (pure speculation here but it's a safe bet that it might need something...) and i think the timing belt is due at 60K....so, if those items are taken care of already, it's actually a pretty good deal.

Ask for pics of the undercarriage, study the engine bay for rusty bolts, etc...maybe it wasn't driven in the winter out east.....
as for flooding, autocheck and carfax should show something if it was a previous salvage.....

4WARNED
01-24-2012, 11:03 PM

Did you already purchase something!?!

Like i said....i was biding my time waiting for the right one,....and i got it....(the scottsdale 06 Silver IX MR SE with 22k miles)...

Did i pay too much? Probably but the good stock examples demand a premium.....:D

dimi
01-25-2012, 12:09 AM
Kryn I hate to be the buzz killer...

This is the 60k mile interval (as 4 mentioned):
- All the belts ($3-400)
- All the fluids (Engine, Tranny, Rear diff, Transfer Case, ACD, preferably flush brake fluid, preferably flush clutch fluid = another $4-500)
- Just to give you an idea, a dealer charges $1000-1200 labor for this, 10-12 hours.

Clutch (usually the clutch on the evos go pretty quick):

- For a good single/multi plate we're talking $1000-1500.
- Then there is labor. 10-12 hours of it, and its not pretty. It is very involving and downright dangerous to do on jack stands.

"the engine will be held by a single motor mount and a 150+ pound transmission will need to be taken off. That is a lot of heavy stuff just waiting to fall, so do this at your own risk"
http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tech_id=27

That's on top of the $25-30g that you will spend on the car itself. AND EVEN IF YOU DO ALL THAT, understand this car is not very reliable. What are you going to do if your engine/tranny/diffs/ACD/T-case fails? Do you really plan to do all the maint. yourself? Do you wanna pay $500 S/H everytime you have to send a drivetrain component to get rebuild (noone in Calgary really knows that much about evo 8-9s).

Take some more time, save some more money and do it the right way. :thumbsup:

dimi
01-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Like i said....i was biding my time waiting for the right one,....and i got it....(the scottsdale 06 Silver IX MR SE with 22k miles)...

Did i pay too much? Probably but the good stock examples demand a premium.....:D

Congrats!

You have to be ready to pay a premium for a clean 1 owner 9. Good deals are gone and shipped in a matter of hours.

KRyn
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM

Congratulations on the purchase! May I ask what you paid? If you don't want it to be public knowledge you can PM me.
I have a couple of questions regarding the actual importation of the Evo. What does Mitsubishi charge for a recall letter? Also what is the total fees you will inccur making the car legal here in Alberta? 94boosted and I have / are developing a flow chart with accompanied costs but having never done this I am sure we are missing some stuff.

Le sigh... I am starting to realize there is a lot more to these cars than first anticipated. Being a fresh graduate and a contract employee my job security isn't great. If all goes well and I get a raise and some job security in the next month or two I will likely pick something up come summer. If not.... There is always next year. Hey 4WARNED you better take me for a ride when you get your Evo so I know what I am getting my self I into! :D

94boosted
01-25-2012, 11:56 AM
:eek: $3000-4000 in service at 60K Miles Wow!

Congratulations on the purchase! May I ask what you paid? If you don't want it to be public knowledge you can PM me.
I have a couple of questions regarding the actual importation of the Evo. What does Mitsubishi charge for a recall letter? Also what is the total fees you will inccur making the car legal here in Alberta? 94boosted and I have / are developing a flow chart with accompanied costs but having never done this I am sure we are missing some stuff.

$30 DMV Export Pass
5% GST
6% Duty
X% State Sales Tax if you buy from a dealer in Cali, Illinois or Florida
$275 RIV Fee
$XXX Recall Clearence Letter
$1XX OOP Inspection
$80 AB Registration

+ The obvious plane ticket, hotel, gas....

That's all you have to pay unless you get it shipped or hire a broker.

KRyn
01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
:eek: $3000-4000 in service at 60K Miles Wow!

$30 DMV Export Pass
5% GST
6% Duty
X% State Sales Tax if you buy from a dealer in Cali, Illinois or Florida
$275 RIV Fee
$XXX Recall Clearence Letter
$1XX OOP Inspection
$80 AB Registration

+ The obvious plane ticket, hotel, gas....

That's all you have to pay unless you get it shipped or hire a broker.

Duty is 6.1% I am fairly certian. I know about all those fees. I was curious on stuff like the recall letter and getting day time running lights activated for the Evo. Also don't forget the custom license plate. Mikey and are thinking of getting '2 fast' and '2 furious' for the Evo and STI haha.

max_boost
01-25-2012, 12:46 PM

Damn that's a lot of trouble and money tied up in this car. It's like a high maintenance gf lol

I hope it works out for you Kryn and not give you too many headaches. :rofl:

msommers
01-25-2012, 01:04 PM
^:werd: :rofl:

dimi
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
It is a lot of money. Why do you think you see so many beat up/crashed/abused evos around? People buy these machines with absolutely no idea what it takes to maintain them.

I mean I'm not your financial planner but do you really want to take out a LOC for a high performance used unreliable car, and then have to cross fingers that it doesn't break down? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe talk to max_boost, he'll give you some HELOC advice :)

Evos won't just disapear man... there are always good examples to be had for the right amount of $. On top of the cash for the car I'll would have at least $5000 in a "shit hits the fan" account.

The only reason I don't have one yet is I want to sell the other car first.

KRyn
01-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Damn that's a lot of trouble and money tied up in this car. It's like a high maintenance gf lol

I hope it works out for you Kryn and not give you too many headaches. :rofl:

Haha they only put out / work after you have spent a significant amount of cash on them!

Maybe I will have to pick up a GSX from the States to keep me mildly entertained for the next year. But then I would need a $100 000 slush fund for when everything fails at once!

max_boost
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Dream cars aren't so dreamy after you've owned them for awhile! lol

At least my NSX is low maintenance. I'll take it out here and there :burnout:

I don't know what your cash flow is but unless you have access to a lower rate, really think this through bro, being car poor sucks. Yea I've been there before too way back when haha I have a HELOC at 3.75% so I can finance/refinance my lifestyle.

:bigpimp: :rofl:

94boosted
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM

Also don't forget the custom license plate. Mikey and are thinking of getting '2 fast' and '2 furious' for the Evo and STI haha.

:rofl: That would be epic.

I mean I'm not your financial planner but do you really want to take out a LOC for a high performance used unreliable car, and then have to cross fingers that it doesn't break down? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Maybe talk to max_boost, he'll give you some HELOC advice :)

Taking out 5-15K out of a LOC to buy a first car once you graduate and have a career isn't terrible.

Hell when I graduated with my degree the economy was in the shitter and I couldnt find a job in industry (just some crappy handyman job) that didn't stop me from buying a new car on a 5 year finance lol. Paid it off in 2 years but that's another story.

KRyn
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/95-99-dsms-for-sale-4/99-red-gsx-93000-miles-for-sale-38002/

Not an Evo but it still has a 4G63 and all wheel drive habaha!
:nut:

max_boost
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
^^

I vote for that. Always loved the way they look.

JfuckinC
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Man the GSX was my dream car when i was 14-15 haha i LOVE them.. i still want one...

94boosted
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds/95-99-dsms-for-sale-4/99-red-gsx-93000-miles-for-sale-38002/

Not an Evo but it still has a 4G63 and all wheel drive habaha!
:nut:

7 Bolt Engine :thumbsdow

Where is that "walk crank, walk" picture when you need it

dimi
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7028/6747398159_8d9b4627d3_b.jpg

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq353/zirconkingtiger/Turtois/DSC06232a.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4596/20120120105345hdr.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t316/onefatbeaner11/evo/evo6.jpg

http://www.lancerevoclub.com/Membri/Giammi/IX/EE/07042008040.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7035/6396522243_b7e50071aa_b.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/brendansiu/Evo%20Build/20110520-Matt-Kwok-evosti-06.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/azeekut00/P6150006-1.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4148/dsc00877ph1.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6029/5960266321_ba0551be5f_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2796/4355540900_bf2c6a3871_b.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d197/powersturbo/Evolution%208/Other%20Evolutions/4400318648_7c8e88dbec_bevoyellow.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6162/6199344179_3309f24e19_b.jpg

http://www.jefftphotography.com/Gallery/REVolution-Motorsports-aka/Team-Rev-Photoshoot-July-2010/IMG4678/936503731_Qv4D6-XL.jpg

max_boost
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not a Mitsu guy but what's so great about the EVO9? Spend so much money to get that thing here why not just buy a local EVO10 with warranty? :confused: