PDA

View Full Version : Cheap time to go to Hawaii

msommers
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I get some time off in April/May and thinking about heading to Hawaii for that time. Is this a relatively cheap time to go? Preference would be leaving in April than May but either or.

Tik-Tok
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeap, though May is cheaper, winter can still be lingering in April (which means more people going down). Sept/Oct is supposed to be the best time to go.

benyl
01-05-2012, 12:01 PM
I usually go in April / May.

The downside is that whale watching is over and other events don't happen due to low season.

The upside is cheap hotel rooms. $100 / night on the beach at a 5* or resort (Waikiki)

msommers
01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
What other events come to mind, Benyl? Whale watching would be nice but I'm thinking of doing a kayaking trip in August at Johnston Strait (NE Vancouver Island) to see the orcas.

I'm looking at staying in Hawaii a month or longer. Scuba diving, volcanoes, hiking, surfing, relaxing etc. Visiting all the islands which turn out to have hostels on each one.

blitz
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Based on a few people I saw at the Lahania Safeway late at night, crystal meth is a popular recreational activity.

Civic_Drift
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
I see good seat sales on WestJet and Air Canada flying to Honolulu & Maui as low as $199 one way in April. I booked my trip for April!

Just be aware that the last week of April and first week of May is Golden Week (Japan's spring break) so there will be an influx of Japanese tourists in Hawaii resulting in higher hotel prices.

msommers
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that.

Is there an airport typically cheaper than the others (Gatwick vs Heathrow for ex.)

Cheapest I can get is April 1 to May 1, $645 RT tax-in. Is this a good price? Seems kind of expensive for seat sales..

adidas
01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by blitz
Based on a few people I saw at the Lahania Safeway late at night, crystal meth is a popular recreational activity.

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/Images/Media/AboutDog2.jpg

Stay off the ice brah

Civic_Drift
01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that.

Is there an airport typically cheaper than the others (Gatwick vs Heathrow for ex.)

I've noticed that Honolulu is the cheapest to fly into, but Maui is about $10-$20 more to fly into, give or take.