PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Doors

KappaSigma
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi all, looking to replace my exterior front french doors with something nicer.

Kinda like these types:

http://www.madero.ca/gallery-external.cfm#4

Any recommend a good place...Home Depot etc all want $4K for ncie doors......wtf

thx

C_Dave45
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
http://www.westernwindows.com/

But you're not going to find quality doors for less than that. That's how much "nice" doors cost. Mine were close to $5000 by the time you install and paint them.
But western is a good company that carries quality goods.

Tomaz
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
You will be hard-pressed to find "nice stuff" for cheap. I have 3 product lines at my company ranging from $1000 - $60k. Most decent systems will be around $5000.

Porsche_55
01-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
You will be hard-pressed to find "nice stuff" for cheap. I have 3 product lines at my company ranging from $1000 - $60k. Most decent systems will be around $5000.

Call LUX they have a qulity product and great installers, agree Tomaz?

Tomaz
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
^^^

:rofl: I know many companies that make good product and I know many good installers. Heck, even LUX has used some of my door products which means they have high standards! :thumbsup:

big A
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
^^I was going to ask who you represent but I figured it out. They just have a distribution plant in Calgary right not a production plant?

Porsche 55 is kinda right, all the large window companies like Gienow, Supreme,Lux and CWD also do just doors.

I think the OP is surprised that it can't be done for cheap as in maybe under 1K. Perhaps an option might be just to replace ( or add ) glass inserts. Everyone likes mini-blinds, until they realize that they work off of magnets that fail easily.

ExtraSlow
01-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I had Western Windows do two exterior doors a few years back. I was happy with the product, price and service.

stacy28
01-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45
http://www.westernwindows.com/

But you're not going to find quality doors for less than that. That's how much "nice" doors cost. Mine were close to $5000 by the time you install and paint them.
But western is a good company that carries quality goods.

+1 for Western Windows. I love my new doors (and windows), and they were great starting from the guy who came to give me a quote right through to the installers who got an impressive amount of work completed in one day.

Tomaz
01-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by big A
^^I was going to ask who you represent but I figured it out. They just have a distribution plant in Calgary right not a production plant?

Porsche 55 is kinda right, all the large window companies like Gienow, Supreme,Lux and CWD also do just doors.

I think the OP is surprised that it can't be done for cheap as in maybe under 1K. Perhaps an option might be just to replace ( or add ) glass inserts. Everyone likes mini-blinds, until they realize that they work off of magnets that fail easily.

I'll give you a hint: It's the worlds largest manufacturer of windows and doors. I have a sales centre, logisitcs centre, and millwork distribution centre in Calgary.

Most people just don't have an idea of what things cost until they ask, which I love as I have lots of ideas to help people. I can make some crappy steel doors with no glass for less the $1000k, but i really try and only provide quality product.

OP, are you looking for supply/install? what budget are you looking at? Are the woodgrain fiberglass doors necessary? That insert is brand new from ODL and is quite expensive (about $1400/piece). There are a lot of systems out there that can be had for cheaper. I'm sure you ask nicely, there are a few people on here that could provide some direction/help for you ;) .

raceman6135
01-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I've never looked at the entry doors to be honest with you, but I bought a bunch of locksets from Home Improvement Warehouse and they had the best price I could find in the city. I have to buy retail as I don't have a "contractor's price" hookup buddy.

www.thehomeimprovementwarehouse.com

(Only a small selection of what they offer is in their flyer/on their website.)