PDA

View Full Version : Wool / Cashmere Coats

BMW Power
01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Pardon my knowledge (or lack thereof) on this matter as I am relatively new over here. I have been looking around to get a nice wool coat.

Today I went to a store called "Pinstripe" and they have decent looking wool/cashmere coats which show an original price of $295 and are now marked down on sale for $50. Oddly enough they seem to have plenty of them in stock. I am not quite familiar with the brand and was curious to know if these kinds of offers are normal during the sale season? Seems like a bargain to me, but perhaps there is something I dont know about?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Tomaz
01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I would normally spend about $200 - $300 on a wool coat. I have never seen any coats for that little before.

For $50, I would buy it and see how it turns out for you. :dunno:

blitz
01-06-2012, 10:59 AM
Pinstripe sells really cheap shit from what I recall.

Kloubek
01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
You just can't put a price on gay.

$50 is really good. Even if it falls apart after a year or two it was a good deal.

r3ccOs
01-06-2012, 11:32 AM
doubt its real kashmir Cashmere wool at that price

that being said, Cashmere/Merino is really only useful IMO for sweaters/vests, socks scarves and anything that actually touches the body

Canucks3322
01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Pinstripes...bad quality, and ugly (bad fit)...if your budget is $50 I'd recommend checking out Old Navy or Joe Fresh (at Superstore)...you'll get a decent quality wool coat that will keep you warm without looking like a douche/fashionista/gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).....boxing week, I got a black wool coat from Old Navy, $29 marked down from $99 and it's pretty warm and looks decent and fits me good since Old Navy is made for North Americans who tend to be "wider" (I'm not fat but I have broad shoulders), good luck...also, Winners is sometimes a good place or even the Bay should be clearing out their winter coats..

flipstah
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
If you want an awesome cashmere/wool coat, go to Banana Republic or Old Navy.

The Bay is a good source too if it's on sale or do what I do and thrift. I got a kick-ass wool peacoat at Value Village for $20 and it looks awesome! A little Dryel and the stuffy smell is gone. :thumbsup: