PDA

View Full Version : Need To Sell Some Things, Not Enough User Points

Mar
01-06-2012, 03:42 PM
What's the process here? I lost about 6 points because someone kept editing my post in a Marketplace thread and I kept editing it back, I couldn't figure out why it kept getting changed. Each time I edited it I lost a point and by the time I figured out what was going on I lost about 6%. That's bullshit.
How do I fix this? I need 90% to post in the Marketplace.

GoChris
01-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Make a new account, wait 30 days? :dunno:

Post nudes of your GF in ask leo? oh wait...

rage2
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/316543/how-do-i-get-my-user-rating-back/

Mar
01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Okay.......what's the policy for losing 6% on one single post when you didn't know how it worked? This was years ago, I just didn't care until now. Most of what I've lost have been posts in the Marketplace where I've corrected other people on incorrect statistics of things they're selling.

Mibz
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
Post nudes of your GF in ask leo? oh wait... *slow clap*

Mar
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
*slow clap*
You'd be very surprised.

Anybody else?

lint
01-06-2012, 04:55 PM
1) travel back in time
2) stop yourself from posting stupid shit

roopi
01-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Anybody else?

You should lose another point for asking again after the answer has already been posted. Did you even read the link provided? If not here it is again:

DonJuan
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by GoChris
Post nudes of your GF in ask leo? oh wait...

Link plz :D

Weapon_R
01-06-2012, 05:15 PM
With the amount stupid shit you post on a weekly basis, you'll never have enough points to post in the marketplace. Just sayin...

dj_rice
01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
With the amount stupid shit you post on a weekly basis, you'll never have enough points to post in the marketplace. Just sayin...

:rofl: :rofl:

Mar
01-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by roopi

You should lose another point for asking again after the answer has already been posted. Did you even read the link provided? If not here it is again:

You should lose a point for not reading what I posted just above that. What's the deal with losing 6% on one post when I had no idea what was happening to my post? Someone kept editing it and I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening.

Originally posted by Weapon_R
Find one from the last month.

sr20s14zenki
01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Was a mod maybe editing your post and you pissed him off by editing it back?

FraserB
01-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Find one from the last month.

Originally posted by Mar

You should lose a point for not reading what I posted just above that. What's the deal with losing 6% on one post when I had no idea what was happening to my post? Someone kept editing it and I couldn't figure out what the hell was happening.

Done.

G-ZUS
01-06-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL newb. It wouldn't hurt to read the marketplace rules before posting.

Mar
01-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Was a mod maybe editing your post and you pissed him off by editing it back? He was probably getting pissed off but I honestly couldn't figure out what was happening to my post. After 6 edits he messaged me and told me. I stopped after that.

Disoblige
01-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Probably easiest way is $25.00 donation now.

But posting up a pic of a chick flicking her bean is aight too as per Beyond.ca rules for getting rating back :D

Spoons
01-11-2012, 06:36 PM
The shit that leaves my mouth, I've got no clue how I'm still at 100%....

OOOOOH Wait, I don't post in FS threads correcting statistics when I have no intent of buying the item. I could be wrong, most likely am, but I think that is in the rules.

Yupp it is.

8. Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post

And I don't edit my post back when its "magically" being changed. Common sense would lead me to believe that due to the fact no one else except for you or a mod can edit your post, it's probably the latter.

Stupidity breeds stupid market place posts. Thus <90% can not post.

BUT I tell you what. I will post them for you. This way I can filter out the stupid shit, your goods get sold, and I will only take a 10% fee.

Fair?

Kloubek
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Okay.......what's the policy for losing 6% on one single post when you didn't know how it worked?

Oh... well... if you didn't know how it worked. Ignorance works great against the law too.... oh wait...

But it's not like the rules were posted... oh wait...

Time to make a new account.

Cos
01-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Somehow I got 1% back. Seriously how did you fuck THAT up? And people wonder why you are on my ignore list.

Mar
01-12-2012, 08:23 PM
I have another account from 2006, I'll just use that. I just thought someone would take responsibility for their fuck up.
This is what happens when I try to post something positive helping someone in their sale post.

G-ZUS
01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I have another account from 2006, I'll just use that. I just thought someone would take responsibility for their fuck up.
This is what happens when I try to post something positive helping someone in their sale post.

Why don't YOU take responsibility for YOUR fuck up?

Taken from: http://forums.beyond.ca/announcement.php?s=&forumid=73

The Official Marketplace Rules

Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
"private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers
Start For Sale threads with "FS:" and Want to Buy threads with "WTB:"
Do not sell your stolen goods on beyond.ca. If we find out, we will forward your information to the proper authorities
All new in box items, or items sold as "NEW" must have a 'proof of purchase' provided.
Ads for Cellphones or Cellular PDA's must contain exact proven lifetimer information.
Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread
ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted
Post only one thread for your item
If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
"feeler threads" are not permitted, it is either for sale or it is not
There is no need to bump your thread EVERYDAY, so don't do it.
GROUP BUYS are only permitted after authorization from an admin
KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads!

If you see anyone breaking these rules, click the "REPORT POST TO MODERATOR" button, one of the mods will take care of it. If you keep breaking these rules, you will be banned from the forums. If you're lucky, you'll get warned first.

Note: Each rule infraction may result in user rating deductions. Users with less than 90% user rating will be denied access to the marketplace.

Read the rules and you won't have a problem :facepalm:

Spoons
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I eagerly await this 2006 account to be banned from marketplace as well.

Why the fuck did you ask/notify all of us of this if you refused to listen to anything we said. This is YOUR fuck up, no one elses.

You need to just shut your mouth... You're coming off as stupid.

Mar
01-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

I eagerly await this 2006 account to be banned from marketplace as well.

Why the fuck did you ask/notify all of us of this if you refused to listen to anything we said. This is YOUR fuck up, no one elses.

You need to just shut your mouth... You're coming off as stupid. I'll dumb this down for you. I took time out of my day for no other reason but to help someone else clarify something in their sale thread with no benefit to me. If doing that can break some rule then the rules need to be amended. I tried to do something nice and got penalized for it. It's like if I saved someone from getting hit by a bus and they sued me because touching them is abuse.

Mibz
01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I'll dumb this down for you. I took time out of my day for no other reason but to help someone else clarify something in their sale thread with no benefit to me. If doing that can break some rule then the rules need to be amended. I tried to do something nice and got penalized for it. It's like if I saved someone from getting hit by a bus and they sued me because touching them is abuse. Except after you saved that person God put them back in the street and sent another bus. I don't think anybody is denying your good intention here.

89s1
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
A+ thread Marth, would read again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

max_boost
01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Except after you saved that person God put them back in the street and sent another bus. I don't think anybody is denying your good intention here.

HAHA

Totally buyer beware!

Rules are rules and raj is boss. Mar, you should take this issue straight to the beyond dai lo and tell him what up.

510-Trevor
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
If you had lost your points because you bumped your thread more than once in a week, then you might have an argument. As it stands though, you're SOL.

Marketplace Rules - PLEASE READ (05-10-2003 until 12-31-2020)
The Official Marketplace Rules

Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
"private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers
Start For Sale threads with "FS:" and Want to Buy threads with "WTB:"
Do not sell your stolen goods on beyond.ca. If we find out, we will forward your information to the proper authorities
All new in box items, or items sold as "NEW" must have a 'proof of purchase' provided.
Ads for Cellphones or Cellular PDA's must contain exact proven lifetimer information.
Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread
ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted
Post only one thread for your item
If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
"feeler threads" are not permitted, it is either for sale or it is not
There is no need to bump your thread EVERYDAY, so don't do it.
GROUP BUYS are only permitted after authorization from an admin
KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads!
If you see anyone breaking these rules, click the "REPORT POST TO MODERATOR" button, one of the mods will take care of it. If you keep breaking these rules, you will be banned from the forums. If you're lucky, you'll get warned first.
Note: Each rule infraction may result in user rating deductions. Users with less than 90% user rating will be denied access to the marketplace.

D'z Nutz
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Okay.......what's the policy for losing 6% on one single post when you didn't know how it worked?

There is no policy because the point reduction system doesn't let us deduct more than a single point per post. If you lost 6%, that's cause you were dinged for 6 different posts. So your assumption that you lost 6 points for a single post is incorrect.

Originally posted by Mar
If doing that can break some rule then the rules need to be amended.

We gotta make things easier for the idiots who don't get it? So I guess if kids keep drinking paint thinner, we should make it less toxic so they won't get sick?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj3k5gci3u1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Your last marketplace deduction made a reference to 2 girls, 1 cup in an ad selling glass cups, followed by the comment "I'm probably going to lose my marketplace access now, but it was worth it." so you knew exactly what was going to happen and accepted it.

You're not going to get any sympathy from us.

G-ZUS
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Your last marketplace deduction made a reference to 2 girls, 1 cup in an ad selling glass cups, followed by the comment &quot;I'm probably going to lose my marketplace access now, but it was worth it.&quot; so you knew exactly what was going to happen and accepted it.

:werd: :facepalm:

A790
01-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Your last marketplace deduction made a reference to 2 girls, 1 cup in an ad selling glass cups, followed by the comment &quot;I'm probably going to lose my marketplace access now, but it was worth it.&quot; so you knew exactly what was going to happen and accepted it.
:rofl:

Well played D'z, well played!

max_boost
01-17-2012, 03:16 PM

We gotta make things easier for the idiots who don't get it? So I guess if kids keep drinking paint thinner, we should make it less toxic so they won't get sick?
HAHA lol

anarchy
01-17-2012, 03:32 PM

FTW! :closed:

Mibz
01-17-2012, 03:52 PM

You're not going to get any sympathy from us. There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.

Disoblige
01-17-2012, 03:59 PM
There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.
Is it that gentleman in the monochrome .gif clapping? lol

Spoons
01-17-2012, 05:27 PM
There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.

I've always went by the saying that some statements don't always deservice a response.

Fuck it... You're a moron.

Mar
01-17-2012, 05:43 PM
There is no policy because the point reduction system doesn't let us deduct more than a single point per post. If you lost 6%, that's cause you were dinged for 6 different posts. So your assumption that you lost 6 points for a single post is incorrect.

At one point it must have

Yes, that 1% was worth it.......I don't get your point. It doesn't change how I lost the other 6%.

Mibz
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM

I've always went by the saying that some statements don't always deservice a response.

Fuck it... You're a moron. There is an emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.

:(

max_boost
01-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Mar

At one point it must have

Yes, that 1% was worth it.......I don't get your point. It doesn't change how I lost the other 6%.

Go search through your posts when you have time and see how many were deleted by moderator.

drtoohotty1
01-17-2012, 06:38 PM

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg230/drtoohotty/131729440471.gif

CanmoreOrLess
01-17-2012, 06:46 PM
As of two seconds ago, beyond has:

Members: 133,555

Are we to divide that number by 2, 3, 4 or more for all those banned and signing up under a new user name? Seems to be the same few hundred (at most) posting weekly.

I know of at least four members who have had more than two user names, all lost their first one due to breaking rules they did not know about. The others were burned due to disagreeing with a mod or someone with pull. Save the speech about knowing the rules blah blah blah. This site is really banned-happy if you ask me and it hurts the user numbers as they go to friendly forums. User numbers and postings have to be on a decline on beyond.ca, I have noticed this.

Mar
01-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Go search through your posts when you have time and see how many were deleted by moderator.
Good idea.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/147227/fs-hp-e-vectra-mini-pc-perfect-for-car-pc/ - Here's an example of me trying to help people out by providing additional information. The only reason it never got deleted is because I asked for it not to.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/330049/wtb-lowrider-cruiser-or-chopper/ - My first post I was simply asking the guy if he had the correct forum, I thought it was weird it was in the sports/fitness forum. My second post was me apologizing because I hadn't though it could have been a pedal bike. Wow, I guess I shouldn't man up and apologize when I'm wrong, my bad. I'll remember that.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/337329/lf-unbrick-psp-fat/ - another example of helping someone, this one didn't get deleted

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/337052/wtb-palm-pre-unlocked-or-bell-/ - AGAIN helping people out. Wow, I do this quite often.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/335832/sold-4-day-old-blackberry-9780/ - Helping again. Stop the madness.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/335383/wtb-jdm-itr-front-end-conversion/ - More help. I'm actually having a hard time finding where I lost the points.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/334466/fs-western-digital-1tb-hard-drive-brand-new-sealed/ - helping

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/330399/fs-futureshop-gift-card-sold/ - more helping

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/330114/fs-brand-new-sealed-ipads-2-64gb-3g-white/ - I believe I asked why he was selling something which just came out. Oh the horror. I guess I'm not allowed to ask conditions of sale.

On to page 2.....

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/324454/fs-transformers-matrix-of-leadership-edition/ - helping again

I can't find anything else that's not helping or that deserved to be moderated. I think I actually remember though how I lost the 6%, I posted something for sale and people kept posting questions/comments in the thread to which I was replying. Then one day they were all deleted and I posted asking whoever deleted them to stop, it was my sale thread and I was answering questions. That comment got moderated and I kept changing it back so that that particular moderator would get the point to stop it. Go bother someone else in their sale thread, I was happy with mine the way it was.

Had I known who was editing it I would have simply messaged them but the only means of communication I had was to edit my comment.

dj_rice
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
YOU are a big idiot.

If you have no intention of buying whatever they are selling. DO NOT POST. If you want to be fucking helpful, private message them what you want to say.

HOLY du ma YOU ARE STUPID. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE FORUM RULES

I can't take how stupid you are anymore. You are joining my ignore list. I only have 1 person ignored before you. You are now joining the ranks of modded46 and his pro-America views. And I must say, you have beat him now :rofl:

sr20s14zenki
01-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Yep doesn't matter if you are helping. The forum rules state "don't post if you have no intention of buying "

Seems pretty cut and dry to me....

Mar
01-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
HOLY FUCK YOU ARE STUPID. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE FORUM RULES
Your signature breaks rule number 5, superstar.

May not contain racist, sexist, or other derogatory remarks of any sort
If moderators deducted points for every technicality there'd be nobody left.

sr20s14zenki
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
How many times do you need to make the same mistake before you learn?

max_boost
01-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Your signature breaks rule number 5, superstar.

If moderators deducted points for every technicality there'd be nobody left.

Yea well maybe the mods are out to get you man lol

89s1
01-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Mar

That 1% was what lost you your marketplace access, precisely what you're bitching about in this thread.

I was kinda just joking around, but damn... You really are dumb.

http://d-series.org/forums/images/smilie/3dtard.gif

Spoons
01-18-2012, 05:30 PM
There is an emoticon for what I'm feeling right now.

:(

Damnit all of your names are too alike. That was directed to Mar.

Mar.... MAR... You sir are a moron.

Although I feel like I didn't dumb that one down enough for you...

Between this and the sodastream thread, I have lost all faith in society.

Mibz
01-18-2012, 05:44 PM
You have no idea how happy it makes me to see that, haha.

Mar
01-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Damnit all of your names are too alike. That was directed to Mar.

Mar.... MAR... You sir are a moron.

Although I feel like I didn't dumb that one down enough for you...

Between this and the sodastream thread, I have lost all faith in society.
Right, let me remind you what happened here.
Days after a rule change I was trying to stop someone from deleting posts that had nothing to do with them in my thread and lost 6% as a result. I lost another 4% helping others in their respective threads and 1% for blatantly breaking a rule after knowing about it.

So thinking logically the only way I could have avoided losing that 6% is to check the rules for any changes every single time I post.......hands up for anyone that has ever done that......anyone? No, you're an idiot.

As for the other 4%, I was trying to help people, it's not like removing my post helped anything in the thread. If I was posting nonsense then I would agree with you, however it's very obvious from my other marketplace posts that I was not.

Do you need a calculator or can you handle that? I can't comprehend how this has escaped you.

Not to mention you can't manage to tell the difference between 2 separate user names that share only one letter.

max_boost
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm surprised you wouldn't read the rules before posting because it's not like it takes long to read. But you would read all the legal mumble jumble in those documents the banks give you when opening an account haha

Mar
01-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I'm surprised you wouldn't read the rules before posting because it's not like it takes long to read. But you would read all the legal mumble jumble in those documents the banks give you when opening an account haha
That made ma laugh. True enough.

Spoons
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Not to mention you can't manage to tell the difference between 2 separate user names that share only one letter.

Woa settle the fuck down here lets not bring this to harsh blows.

I'm done with this. You keep telling me how this is escaping me... Yet you have ~10 other people calling you an idiot and the blind one. And yes I read the rules on every forum I join. There are not some stupid terms of use or whatever, they are rules that I know I will need to follow. When I'm playing hockey do I go and start slashing everyone, and then when confronted and penalized do I tell the ref, "Well come on, who reads the rules. I didn't know about this so I can't be held accountable."

The point you're bringing to the table with me is that you shouldn't be held accountable since you were too stupid to read the rules, and your back up to that is no one reads the rules. The stupidity that flows out of your mouth comes at such a rate that I feel only one thing could be the reason here.

There are certain people in this world, that no matter what, they will always subject their own reality into whatever circumstance arises to make themselves feel better. Sad individuals that literally have no hope for happiness or true self worth because they will consistantly live in a lie that they have built for themselves. Throughout this entire thread you have completely dismissed the truth on numerous occasions and refused to listen to anyone elses advice. When anyone else confronts you to tell you that you are indeed 100% wrong, you immediately take a self defensive stance and attack that persons intelligence.

Me on the other hand went of the offensive right away. I have no problems calling you an idiot because you have proven that to me on numerous other threads in the past. I am also not in the wrong here.

So again I will suggest to stop talking. I am. At some point people become so stupid and lost that it is an impossibility to bring them back to the real world, so I give up. Have fun Mar! I know I will have tons of fun posting all my awesome stuff for sale on the marketplace and be a some what productive member of this forum.

JfuckinC
01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
you guys get way too pumped up over forum shit haha.. everyone does all over this forum, taking so long to write up well thought out posts cleverly putting eachother down :rofl:

it's great to keep me entertained at work though. keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

shakalaka
01-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I lost my points when I bumped one of my for sale threads in 6 days instead of 7. And all the points happened on like one post from what I remember. The reason it happened three times was because the mod had just deleted the post without an explanation and it just said that, 'Your post has been deleted...follow rules.' That didn't make any sense to me cause I thought what the hell could be so wrong about the 'bump' and I knew it was 6 days but I think I was leaving on a holiday or something that day so didn't think it would THAT big of a deal. Anyway, someone deleted it and I edited the deleted post to write bump again and lost the points. lol

I donate to charity every now and then and have tons of receipts that would put me back to 100%, but I just don't care enough to go through the hassle. Nor do I care enough to let it bother me. Can I just donate one of my points to him and put an end to this sad thread?

Spoons
01-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
it's great to keep me entertained at work though. keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Oh exactly. It's slow today at work, so why not think up ways to put down idiots hahahaha.

A790
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm closing this joke of a thread.

Mar, you didn't follow the rules and lost some points. It's not anyone's problem but yours, so lose your entitled attitude. Donate to charity to get your points back. Easy as that.

:closed: