PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Shop in YYC

pinoyhero
01-09-2012, 09:25 AM
All,

I'm looking to bite the bullet and get my first tattoo. I have an idea in mind (an ambrigram) but not a design. Where would you suggest is the best place in YYC to get some work done. Looking about 4 inch by 2 inch maybe a touch larger. Money is no object here.

Thanks in advance.

shakalaka
01-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Bushido Tattoo. One of the best one's in town. Speak to James Jacobs there, he's wicked at what he does.

OriginalGoods
01-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Big Johnson INK. Brian did my left half sleeve/left pectoral/left back there. Best work I have seen in town .

JVR1
01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Bushido Tattoo. One of the best one's in town. Speak to James Jacobs there, he's wicked at what he does.

james opened up his own shop called enso tattoo. it's above yardhouse on 17th.

talented guy for sure. i'm already booked in for more ink with him for march.

JRSC00LUDE
01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by OriginalGoods
Big Johnson INK. Brian did my left half sleeve/left pectoral/left back there. Best work I have seen in town .

There's a ton of threads and opinions but this comment is what I'll focus on as an example.

Almost every person you talk to is going to say THEIR artist is the best because everyone thinks they've got the best stuff they've ever seen for the most part.

Take these recommendations, go look at their work and decide for yourself. Many times they may very well be correct but most of the time they likely aren't.

No tattoo artist anywhere is the best at everything. Some are amazing at the style they do and suck complete balls at anything else. Read the threads, look at the artists and decide based on what you see not on what someone says.

l/l/rX
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
All,

I'm looking to bite the bullet and get my first tattoo. I have an idea in mind (an ambrigram) but not a design. Where would you suggest is the best place in YYC to get some work done. Looking about 4 inch by 2 inch maybe a touch larger. Money is no object here.

Thanks in advance.

Dude, don't be lazy and go to the shops/ visit their websites and look at peoples portfolios. Everyone who has gotten work done by someone is always gonna say "go to this guy/ girl, he/she is the best, i got this and that done, looks amazing" You be the judge of what looks good cause' its going on your body.

Edit: ^^^^^^he beat me to it.

tirebob
01-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't have any work by James jacobs, but his work is awesome for sure if you like his style! Doug Fink at Bushido is rad too... Also, if you don't mind the wait, James Tex is always considered sick by almost everybody. Drive up to Red Deer and Classic Tattoo has a couple amazing artists, names Lucas Ford and Ryan Gagne.

There are a ton of great artists out there, but their style needs to work for you. General rule of thumb though, unless it is specifically a walk in day, don't expect any decent artist to be able to get you in quickly. If they can you might want to ask why...

flipstah
01-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

+1 for Bushido! I'm saving up right now for more work. =)

Clever
01-09-2012, 10:33 PM
I have a piece done by Ryan Gagne before he moved, he is known for his line work. I know a few people on here that have gone to Kyle Staub at Ghost Town in Okotoks, well worth the drive. I will be seeing him for my next tattoo.

Hi-Psi
01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Have a consultation with James Jacobs at Enso on the 20th, can't wait to go over the ideas for my next piece :)

Jason

Kirbs17
01-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Hilary at Strange World Tattoo. She used to be at Bushido. She's amazing. Im 17 hours in on a sleeve with her.

pinoyhero
01-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks all, gonna go meet with james at enso this week.

BenC
01-15-2012, 09:03 PM
you won't be disappointed.
James has done basically most of my upper body.
He does great work.

ekguy
01-15-2012, 11:19 PM
Anyone get work done at Big Johnson Ink? My friend has had a lot of work done there and it's really bad ass.

Just wondering if there's people on here who have had work done there.

I'm going there in a couple months once my tattoo removal is done at my usual shop.

:D

EG6boi
01-16-2012, 12:29 AM
4 of my friends went to James Jacob of Enso for their oriental pieces. He's highly recommended, or James Tex too. My other buddy's getting a Koi by him sometime this year.