PDA

View Full Version : urethane VS fiberglass

macdaddy
01-29-2004, 01:01 AM
I am looking at an aftermarket front bumper... but can't decide if it is worth the extra cash to upgrage to urethane? Whats the big difference? Need help.

rice_eater
01-29-2004, 01:05 AM
it's been beaten to death...look it up

ryder_23
01-29-2004, 01:06 AM
SEARCH

civicrider
01-29-2004, 01:06 AM
urethane is good because it wont break or crack, but its heavy and with some urethane kits they will start to sag, fibergalss is fine as long as your careful and make you you buy a good hand laid kit, dont go with companies like VIS, IMO they are very thin and weak and smething as small as a rock bouncing up and hitting it can cause it to spyder

djfob
01-29-2004, 01:25 AM
If you drive it year round i would say urethane would be the best bet. Fibreglass cracks easily especially when its -30 out. Anyways do a search and you'll get a better idea.

ls/vtec-crx
01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by djfob
If you drive it year round i would say urethane would be the best bet. Fibreglass cracks easily especially when its -30 out. Anyways do a search and you'll get a better idea.

Other way around buddy! My fiberglass front i drive all year round and i've bumped it a couple times and no cracks. With this cold wheather urethane cracks like thin ice. My customer just shattered his urethane side skirts yesterday. going over a speed bump slowly the side hit and they both shattered. Think about it take a peice of rubber freeze it and if you can get is cold enough that it is stiff take a hammer to it and see what happens.

Freeze a piece of fiberglass and do the same thing with the same amount of force and you will get better results.

civicrider
01-29-2004, 04:56 PM
yeah urethane sucks in the cold winter

GT2NV
01-29-2004, 05:00 PM
WERE NOT GOING THROUGH THIS AGAIN, SEARCH:closed: