PDA

View Full Version : lincoln ls sound help

l0st451
01-29-2004, 01:02 AM
im driving a 2001 lincoln ls with the stock alpine sound system... While driving it a couple days back i had the heater all the way up and was playing cds for about an hour and a half... i got a warning that the cd over heated. Now the whole electronic system is buggy it changes the balance goes to adjust bass when i want to adjust the track of a cd.. this doesnt happen all the time.. i was just wondering if i overheated the system and thats why it wont work correctly, and what kind of fixes are available fer something like this.
thnx :confused:

Weapon_R
01-29-2004, 01:26 AM
A possible fix would be to purchase an aftermarket stereo headunit, which is almost always better in all respects.

l0st451
01-29-2004, 01:43 AM
yea that would be the thing to do... but its off lease, and im reluctant to bring it to the dealership for certain reasons... does anyone know if this is a common problem?

Zero102
01-29-2004, 02:22 AM
Hmmm... *making a mental note not to ever use a lincoln sound system*

Nah, I'm just kidding.
Well, I do find it a little strange that the heater apparantly assisted in causing the deck to overheat, as it should never overheat from 1 1/2 hours of playing CD's.
It is quite possible if all the controls are electronic that when it overheated they were damaged.
The source of the heat could have been a fair distance from the temperature sensor inside the deck, and something could have gotten cooked before the sensor even knew. Although that would indicate problems other than the CD Player part of the deck.

ZorroAMG
01-29-2004, 11:07 AM
My Grand Cherokee used to do that to my AFTERMARKET deck cause the heat vent plumbing went behind and above the deck...You may want to replace the headunit and just be careful afterwards. Are your heat vents located ABOVE your deck? If so, that may be the problem..it is a stupid design flaw from the factory.

Try this: Replace the deck, put a heat shielding material behind the deck, (do not completely cover it cause it'll need room to cool) and then install it.

l0st451
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
yea they are above, genius design... alright ill look for the deck and do that thx alot :)

ZorroAMG
01-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Hope it works, don't hold me to it though ;)