PDA

View Full Version : Fubar

Seth1968
01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Since its release, it has gained critical acclaim and a cult status in North America, but especially within Western Canada. It was both filmed and set in Alberta, particularly in and around Calgary.

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUBAR_%28film%29

I just watched part 1 and 2. The first part is painful to watch, and the GF walked out claiming it was a "POS".

The second part is painful for about 30 mins, then Fort Mac set in.

I encouraged the gf to watch the second part, and by the end she was doing that crying/happy thing.

Maxx Mazda
01-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Saw both right when they came out. 2nd was MUCH better.

JfuckinC
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm lost?

Those movies are funny as fuck if you ask me haha :poosie:

KRyn
01-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Those movies accurately depict our province!

WhippWhapp
01-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
I'm lost?

Those movies are funny as fuck if you ask me haha :poosie:

I concur!

Hallowed_point
01-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
Saw both right when they came out. 2nd was MUCH better.

How so?? I thought the first one was a lot more raw and real. The second one was kinda like hangover 2 to me compared to hangover 1.

Seth1968
01-10-2012, 05:37 PM
My favorite happens to be Canadian...fuck ya!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983909/

LadyLuck
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Had Deaner and his band from the movie play our venue a couple months ago...what a shit show! And the amount of Pilsners consumed that night was something else...with the amount of advertising Pilsner gets out of those movies/live shows I still cant believe they wouldn't sponsor him!

Deaner is a really nice dude btw.

finboy
01-10-2012, 06:47 PM
loved them both, if you liked them you should also watch "it's all gone pete tong"

same director and both actors are supporting roles in the movie, waaaay different subject matter though

Ryan Shawcross
01-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I struggled to get through the first one, found it very boring. I might check out the second one, is it any good?

Swank
01-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Those movies are great. I went to Jr high with Deaner (Paul Spence), he was always a funny fucker. One day he set his hair on fire by accident playing with a lighter so I wasn't surprised to see his crazy antics have followed him to this day.

They were also here in Calgary for the opening night of Fubar 2 and then went on a Pilsner bender with some of my friends, said they had a blast, really good guys :thumbsup:

Seth1968
01-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Swank
Those movies are great. I went to Jr high with Deaner (Paul Spence), he was always a funny fucker. One day he set his hair on fire by accident playing with a lighter so I wasn't surprised to see his crazy antics have followed him to this day.

They were also here in Calgary for the opening night of Fubar 2 and then went on a Pilsner bender with some of my friends, said they had a blast, really good guys :thumbsup:

Wow.

Saw this on the IMDB comments:

The two buddies give the audience a candid look at their lives, captured by documentary filmmaker Farrel Mitchner, whose accidental death is captured on film.

I didn't bother researching that claim, so I don't know if that's true.

Is F1 better than F2? Well that depends on how much raw drunken antics you can take. F1 is full of that, but F2 changes that dramatically once they get jobs in the oil fields of Fort Mac.

- Deaner's karaoke in F2 is priceless.

This too:

and another cast highlight is singer Terra Hazelton making her film acting debut as the Trish character. The arguments Terry and Trish have are definitely among the parts of this sequel that made me laugh.

Terra perfectly played the part of a nemesis (and I thought my wife and Captain Nero were the enemy lol). In other words, "I was drunk, did a bar chick, she's pregnant, psychotic, and is going to take me for everything".

Like I said, "painful" in many aspects, but brilliant filmmaking none-the-less.

civic_stylez
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Im a diehard Fubar fan! The first one was by far my favorite... tron funkin blows..:thumbsup:

403_Calgary
01-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by KRyn
Those movies accurately depict our province!

"This is a fuckin eviction party?!?!?!"

Dave P
01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
If you guys done like Fubar 1 or 2, get the fuck out of Alberta haha Go back to your nacny provinces

mr2mike
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Ya man, I remember back in 2010 when I watch this.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/287240/fubar/

Why we talking about this over a year later?!?
:facepalm:

n1zm0
01-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Ya man, I remember back in 2010 when I watch this.
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/287240/fubar/

Why we talking about this over a year later?!?
:facepalm:

:werd: this is old...

but, fun fact: my family doctor since i was a little kid is actually doctor s.c lim (the doctor who tells him about the cancer and also in the second one), he's also the director's doctor i guess. he's in It's All Gone Pete Tong too as Frankie's doctor, also a great movie by Michael Dowse.

i remember telling him he did really well in all three movies, said it was an awesome experience and was surprised how many ppl recognize him from the movies around Calgary.

Graham_A_M
01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
Im a diehard Fubar fan! The first one was by far my favorite... tron funkin blows..:thumbsup:

Tron is a bar tender somewhere in Calgary. I think it was " the Fox & firken" or something close to those lines. The Fox (something) or another, I dont remember. I should ask my bro, I think he knows where exactly.

Yeah it was funny to see them trash a Calgary Transit bush shelter in the first one, it said "Calgary Transit" right on the glass too. :rofl:

I'll have to download the 2nd one, I didn't know they made another one to it.

Seth1968
01-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
I'll have to download the 2nd one, I didn't know they made another one to it.

That's why mr2mike.

The internet is a big place. It's even bigger than Beyond.ca

01RedDX
01-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Sentry
01-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Chazzinator! Dominating the chazzitude.

I got two skills, this one and this one. A pair of skills.

big A
01-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Seth1968

Wow.

Saw this on the IMDB comments:

The two buddies give the audience a candid look at their lives, captured by documentary filmmaker Farrel Mitchner, whose accidental death is captured on film.

I didn't bother researching that claim, so I don't know if that's true.

Farrel had a scene in the second one so that should have helped you decide if it was true or not.

He did appear as a ghost though so I guess that did make it a bit confusing:rolleyes:

Seth1968
01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by big A

Farrel had a scene in the second one so that should have helped you decide if it was true or not.

He did appear as a ghost though so I guess that did make it a bit confusing:rolleyes:

Touche.

Fuck.