PDA

View Full Version : go pro hd

sallinger
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM
was wondering if anyone here has a go pro hero hd? i was looking for some insight on settings for video mode, as i am having trouble getting clear video. any input would be appreciated.

BMW Power
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I have the goPro Hero HD. Used it when I went shark driving, Karting, White water rafting and sky diving. Gem of a camera. What exactly are you having trouble with?

sallinger
01-12-2012, 06:44 AM
the picture quality isn't very clear kinda grainy. what sd card are you using and can it make a difference? what setting do you use? full 1080p mode? what about editing software, currently running a mac and just using iMovie.

Darell_n
01-12-2012, 08:44 AM
The GoPro HD needs a lot of light for a clear picture. Indoor lighting or less will produce a very grainy picture. There is also a focus problem using the stock enclosure while underwater, but outdoor daytime videos are normally very good quality. I have several GoPro videos up on Youtube like paragliding, snorkeling, off- roading, so there are many examples online to watch.

poison
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
i have the gphero2 tested it out on cloudy/snowing days boarding and the quality was great. 1080p. Tried it indoors and the quality went down considerably.

sallinger
01-12-2012, 10:43 AM
I read about some sd cards having issues. Any thoughts on speed class and brand?

BMW Power
01-12-2012, 12:05 PM
I think your problem is related to low light. I have filmed a few videos at night and the quality is terrible and grainy.

For the memory card, GoPro recommends Class 10 cards (30MB/s) but I have used slower ones and it still works fine.

Xtrema
01-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BMW Power
I think your problem is related to low light. I have filmed a few videos at night and the quality is terrible and grainy.

For the memory card, GoPro recommends Class 10 cards (30MB/s) but I have used slower ones and it still works fine.

Class 10 is only 10MB/s. I have 2 class 10 cards, Patriot and Topram. Patriot is around 12MB/s and the Topram is around 18MB/s. Hero is definitely happier and crashes less with Topram than Patriot.

For 30MB/s cards, you have to go Sandisk Extreme.

You can't do much about insufficient lighting. (ie indoor or night shots).

maxomilll
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
is the iso set on these camera's or can it be changed?

sallinger
01-12-2012, 07:30 PM
i do have the sandisk extreme, i think low light conditions is my biggest problem. i will take it out on sunny day and see how it performs.. thanks for all the info.