PDA

View Full Version : Arabic classes in Calgary?

Crymson
01-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Does anyone know where there may be arabic classes not at the university?

CanmoreOrLess
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I would try this:

http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-arabic

My wife is a multi-language nutter, she uses RosettaStone and Michel Thomas:

http://www.michelthomas.com/learn-arabic.php

Both are great in her experience. Sign up for organized group/private classes after you have the basics down, an intensive class is best as you'll learn in weeks what will take years in a weekly class.

Best: go to the country (isolated area, not a tourist spot) where the language is spoken, take a full-time course and in a month you have years of work done.

Crymson
01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks mods, for putting this in health and fitness, wtf.

Anyway, thanks canmore. I've heard of those rosettastone things, but i've always assumed it was just a shitty "as seen on TV" product.

I want to learn it for work, i'm dealing with alot of people from egypt and the laguage barrier is becoming annoying.

Mack10
01-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Just curious, what do you do for work?

G-ZUS
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Mack10
Just curious, what do you do for work?

:werd:

Im also looking for some arabic classes, if you find one PM me

KRyn
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Why the fuck is this thread in health and fitness? A mod should really move it and the OP should learn how to read English before attempting to master another language.

CanmoreOrLess
01-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Thanks mods, for putting this in health and fitness, wtf.

Anyway, thanks canmore. I've heard of those rosettastone things, but i've always assumed it was just a shitty "as seen on TV" product.

I want to learn it for work, i'm dealing with alot of people from egypt and the laguage barrier is becoming annoying.

They all have a solid use and decide policy, money back if not satisfied. Nothing to lose, you can be well on by the end of the month. Also, your company ought to pay for it, never hurts to make the case to HR.