PDA

View Full Version : Woman pays $50k to clone her dog

Merritt
01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? :facepalm:

A distraught dog lover had her beloved pet cloned so that she could be with him even after he had died.

New Yorker Danielle Tarantola paid an incredible $50,000 for the procedure using pet Trouble's DNA to create another dog exactly the same as the first.

She named the new pup Double Trouble after she contacted the world's only animal cloning company in South Korea.

And she said of her new pooch: 'I really can see no difference between them. So many of their gestures and the way they play is identical.'

Just a few months ago, the former Wall Street worker got a phone call from the company's scientists informing her that the surrogate bitch carrying the embryos developed from Trouble's DNA had been successfully impregnated.

Weeks later, the surrogate went into labour and Danielle watched the birth by webcam from her home in the U.S.

Danielle had been so upset by the death of her constant companion three years ago that she shelled out the massive fee so that she could have an identical replacement.

She said: 'He was like the child I never had - and I probably did treat him better than most people treat their children.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2085702/Danielle-Tarantola-spends-32k-dog-cloned-beloved-pet-died.html#ixzz1jIxQm37w

r7epfXkl7no

Poor dog...thing is, that new dog definitely does not know her, unlike other that died.

Z_Fan
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Well, the Bitch is crazy.

But, you gotta love the new pups name!

max_boost
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Daniel looks quite manly. :eek:

YCB
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Reminded me of this instantly..

6uU7-X0iHes

J-D
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by YCB

6uU7-X0iHes

Saddest thing in cartoon history.

darthVWader
01-12-2012, 10:23 PM
She had that poor dog licking peanut butter off her nuts.

Wakalimasu
01-12-2012, 10:31 PM
if i had 50k i'd clone my dog.. shrug

xnvy
01-12-2012, 10:43 PM
That woman is :nut:. It doesn't even look like the original dog.

Originally posted by YCB

6uU7-X0iHes :rofl: I remember that episode.

Super_Geo
01-12-2012, 11:35 PM
My family's first dog got hit by a car and we had to put him down at the Vet... I was crushed, we were there by his side when they gave him the injection, it's something I didn't think I'd ever forget.

My dad was hit really hard by it, he loved that dog. He said there was only one way to get over it: find an identical dog, and give it the same name. He got the new dog during the fall when I was out east for university, came back during Christmas and I instantly had flash backs of that Stephen King book Pet Cemetery.

Long story short, it worked, almost too well... sometime I stop and have to remind myself that this is our second dog.

Ridiculous, but that shit works!

D'z Nutz
01-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Haha that's kind of a creepy story

J-hop
01-12-2012, 11:58 PM
It's kind of sad that people do things like that, cloning is an extreme example but people do it all the time like getting a new dog right away to replace the old one. It basically shows that you can't deal properly with loss. Going through the mourning stages and coming out the other side is something that is completely healthy and something everyone needs to be able to do.

If you try to plug gaps in your life like losing a dog you'll never learn to cope and then when you experience a real loss like losing a family member who can't just be replaced by your wallet you'll be a true wreck and not know how to deal with it. Buying a new dog to fill the void just makes you emotionally weak, you can only throw so many band aids on before they become ineffective. Why people think trying to hide from pain makes them stronger is beyond me....

adam c
01-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

one hell of a chin on her that's for sure
completely related
xcYeXlsTaks

403_Calgary
01-13-2012, 12:18 AM

I was just about to say...hope she doesn't go to the same doctors that did her sex change.

JfuckinC
01-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by J-D

Saddest thing in cartoon history.

haha actually so sadddddd..

Xtrema
01-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by J-hop
It's kind of sad that people do things like that, cloning is an extreme example but people do it all the time like getting a new dog right away to replace the old one. It basically shows that you can't deal properly with loss. Going through the mourning stages and coming out the other side is something that is completely healthy and something everyone needs to be able to do.

If you try to plug gaps in your life like losing a dog you'll never learn to cope and then when you experience a real loss like losing a family member who can't just be replaced by your wallet you'll be a true wreck and not know how to deal with it. Buying a new dog to fill the void just makes you emotionally weak, you can only throw so many band aids on before they become ineffective. Why people think trying to hide from pain makes them stronger is beyond me....

The problem is for some its quite hard to go through. Takes quite a long time.

Cloning I don't have a problem with. Its just extreme version of selective breeding.

Maybelater
01-13-2012, 01:27 AM
I agree with J-hop, loss is a part of life and you have to learn to live with it.

JordanAndrew
01-13-2012, 01:57 AM

haha but if you got a date with her, I bet you wouldn't turn it down now, would you Max?

;)

TomcoPDR
01-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by darthVWader
She had that poor dog licking peanut butter off her nuts.

THIS. At the end, Anderson was like I know people who loves their dogs, but you lovvv.

And she's like: "I lovvvvveeee my doooog" with her eyes wide open. :poosie: :poosie:

max_boost
01-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

haha but if you got a date with her, I bet you wouldn't turn it down now, would you Max?

;)

Can't be picky these days. If I was a true baller, I would tell her to go away but I'm just a fake baller so yeah, I'd hit it. :rofl: :werd:

Merritt
01-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Won't be long before media declares a public successful human clone.

J-hop
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

The problem is for some its quite hard to go through. Takes quite a long time.

Cloning I don't have a problem with. Its just extreme version of selective breeding.

It's hard for everyone... If you try to never expose yourself to pain how are you going to learn to work through it. What happens when her parents pass away, is she going to try to clone them???

ZenOps
01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Only 50 grand? Wow, its definitely getting cheap.

Thats less then having your head cut off, cryogenically frozen and sent into space.

I wonder how much it will be in a decade. Maybe I will clone myself with a few cuttlefish genes spliced alongside.

Xtrema
01-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by J-hop

It's hard for everyone... If you try to never expose yourself to pain how are you going to learn to work through it. What happens when her parents pass away, is she going to try to clone them???

Well let me put it this way. You see your parents may be once a week if even. You sometime wishes your spouse is dead. You kids won't live you forever anyway and they piss you off sometimes too. It's tough to live with an loyal subject 24x7 for 10+ years and have it just disappeared from your life.

In term of emotion drag, losing a kid > losing a pet > losing a parent > losing a relative > losing a friend.

Yes, you will have deal with loss. I agree. You don't clone your parents or kids or friends because why you hold them dear is the memory. Cloning them is pointless since it doesn't revive the history. And the relationship you have with them is different and more complex than a pet. Like I said, cloning a pet is simply trying to replace an companion with the same traits.

Sugarphreak
01-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Black Gts
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
At first I wasn't offended about it, however what about the surrogate dogs? Are you so selfish that healing yourself is more important than all the other shit you're causing? It's probably worse than the worst North American puppy mills.

dannie
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
I watched this!! She wasn't the only one on the episode tho. There was a geeky Asian guy that spent twice that much on his cloned dog

http://tvgeekarmy.com/post/viewPost/i_cloned_my_pet_episode_one_one_of_the_stranger_shows_youll_see/078c94a1fea5c1f248ba80545c7a81fb

max_boost
01-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Is this moral or immoral? What's modelexis take on this one?

Zephyr
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Is this moral or immoral? What's modelexis take on this one?

It's immoral that no one is taking advantage of this sugar momma potential!

spike98
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts
At first I wasn't offended about it, however what about the surrogate dogs? Are you so selfish that healing yourself is more important than all the other shit you're causing? It's probably worse than the worst North American puppy mills.

What about the surrogate?

I didn't read anything in the article about the surrogate dog exploding or turning into wear wolfs or anything.

V6-BoI
01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by dannie
I watched this!! She wasn't the only one on the episode tho. There was a geeky Asian guy that spent twice that much on his cloned dog

http://tvgeekarmy.com/post/viewPost/i_cloned_my_pet_episode_one_one_of_the_stranger_shows_youll_see/078c94a1fea5c1f248ba80545c7a81fb

I watched part of this as well on TLC. I think the asian guy paid for two clones. I guess it was a good thing he did because one didn't survive. And his obsession with his dog was far beyond creepy. He has a GF, and he puts his dog before her. And what's even more surprising is that the GF knows her place.

n1zm0
01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI
I watched part of this as well on TLC. I think the asian guy paid for two clones. I guess it was a good thing he did because one didn't survive.

or maybe the first one, killed the other one cause it thought that it was the original, only later on, on the 6th day did it find out that it is actually, the second clone...

J-hop
01-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Well let me put it this way. You see your parents may be once a week if even. You sometime wishes your spouse is dead. You kids won't live you forever anyway and they piss you off sometimes too. It's tough to live with an loyal subject 24x7 for 10+ years and have it just disappeared from your life.

In term of emotion drag, losing a kid > losing a pet > losing a parent > losing a relative > losing a friend.

Yes, you will have deal with loss. I agree. You don't clone your parents or kids or friends because why you hold them dear is the memory. Cloning them is pointless since it doesn't revive the history. And the relationship you have with them is different and more complex than a pet. Like I said, cloning a pet is simply trying to replace an companion with the same traits.

Holy, ok we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, no way would I put losing a dog ahead of losing one of my parents. I agree losing a dog leaves a big void, but buying or cloning a new one simply put as I said is just filling a void you don't want to deal with because it hurts. I feel really bad for kids who's parents turn around and try to make them happy again by buying a new dog, you are robbing them of a chance to develop an essential tool they need to properly cope with loss later in life.

Jetta-2.0
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
there is a show on tv about this, she was on it, a guy spend 100k to clone his dog and it took him 10 years cuz every time they did the clone it failed :banghead:

cancer man
01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Clone wars i love it..Born without a soul and easily disposed of.
I'am sure David Suzuki is getting another speech ready about the horrors of having God Status.Mind you dog spelt backwards is God.

Black Gts
01-13-2012, 09:34 PM
I also watched the show, that's what shaded my opinion, its a scientifically funded puppy mill. I don't mind the idea at all, but these aren't petri sp? dish puppies..