PDA

View Full Version : WTB: S13 right rear brake caliper part

realazy
01-13-2012, 12:09 AM
I need the part that moves within the rear caliper. The part that comes off with the two bolts not the part that has the piston on it.

I know there are lots of S13 parts around, so let me know who has this peice. It actually might be interchangable left and right, but I'm not sure.

ka-t240sx
01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
theres a s13 in pick n pull last i was there.
i may have one lyin around, ill go take a look when i get a chance.

realazy
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/positron32/IMG_0428-1.jpg

Need the whole part that is still attached. One of the pins is seized and that's why I need that.

Heru-Farukon
01-13-2012, 08:38 PM
You could just extract the pin out with heat and clean it out, probably has corrision and etc in it. May need a new rubber boot

Just have to keep servicing it often. I had the same problem before too

HomespunLobster
01-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Heru-Farukon
You could just extract the pin out with heat and clean it out, probably has corrision and etc in it. May need a new rubber boot

Just have to keep servicing it often. I had the same problem before too

This. Use anti seize to get it out, then a wire brush and lots of caliper/brake grease. It's quite common for those to seize actually...

Heru-Farukon
01-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by HomespunLobster

This. Use anti seize to get it out, then a wire brush and lots of caliper/brake grease. It's quite common for those to seize actually...

But depending on how bad it is, he may have to remove the bracket and heat it the bracket to get the pin out.

and I think you mean to use antiseize when he reinstalls it? oops if i am wrong

HomespunLobster
01-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Heru-Farukon

But depending on how bad it is, he may have to remove the bracket and heat it the bracket to get the pin out.

and I think you mean to use antiseize when he reinstalls it? oops if i am wrong

Sorry should have read before hitting post.

Use penetrating oil to help get it out. Then once it is out use a wire brush to clean it up and caliper/brake grease when re-installing it.

realazy
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
bump?

couldn't get the damn pin out, it's pretty seized.