PDA

View Full Version : Ford does it agian

OU812
01-14-2012, 09:30 AM
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Best-Cars-for-the-Money/

Ford took home the most awards. Five of its models were selected as winners: Ford Taurus, Ford Fusion, Ford Fiesta, Ford Edge and Ford Fusion Hybrid.

Good to see they are still doing well. Cant wait for some of the 2013's to hit the floor.

ExtraSlow
01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
I've liked Ford trucks for a long time, but I haven't been impressed with it's cars until recently.

corsvette
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Ford won 5 awards (2 for the same car )- But GM also won 5, not a bad showing at all for the domestic car makers, imo they are BOTH making some great cars now. 2013 will be another good year for them with several new intro's.

Graham_A_M
01-14-2012, 04:09 PM
^ Glad to see both really stepping up their game.
:thumbsup:

I've always loved Ford & GM (bro has '95 F250 with over 1.1 million on it)
I had an '84 S10 with 842k on it. Both ran great, still have the Ford at my dads farm with lots of life left.

94boosted
01-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Ford really is doing great, I just advised my Fiance's parents to get a Ford Edge a few months ago and they absolutely love it. They were ready to pull the trigger on a Mazda CX-7 or an overpriced Nissan Murrano until they drove the Edge that is. WTG Ford and GM

black13
01-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Not a single Korean car on that list? really?

Ford has been impressive lately but you gotta take lists like that with a grain of salt.

xnvy
01-14-2012, 11:27 PM
^:werd: it's U.S. News, the last thing they'll do is pick a Korean car. Consider the Canadian Car of the Year award. Kia won both family car categories while Hyundai took both awards in the small car category. :dunno: Link. (http://www.ajac.ca/web/ccoty/previous_byyear.asp)

Aleks
01-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
^:werd: it's U.S. News, the last thing they'll do is pick a Korean car. Consider the Canadian Car of the Year award. Kia won both family car categories while Hyundai took both awards in the small car category. :dunno: Link. (http://www.ajac.ca/web/ccoty/previous_byyear.asp)

Why couldnt you say that the Ajac list should be taken with a grain of salt because it's all Korean cars. There's probably only a handful of families in Canada that will buy the Optima Hybrid as their family sedan :dunno:

ExtraSlow
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Every "best of" list is flawed. hell, every automotive review is flawed. you need to take everything with a grain of salt.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-15-2012, 12:30 PM
:thumbsup: Ford and GM

xnvy
01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

Why couldnt you say that the Ajac list should be taken with a grain of salt because it's all Korean cars. There's probably only a handful of famlies in Canada that will buy the Optima Hybrid as their family sedan :dunno: You definitely have a point there. I was trying to highlight the fact that Canada and the U.S., two countries that are very similar when it comes to cars have completely different end of the year awards lists.

Maybelater
01-15-2012, 01:28 PM
^Many Americans are still scared of Japanese cars, Koreans are in a whole league still.

corsvette
01-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by xnvy

The Chevy cruze won this award last year, they need to pick a new or redesigned vehicle for the award each year. Lots of new korean models out this year. I read all the car mags out there, the Korean cars are always rated as competitive, just not award winning.

Gibson
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Ford has always made cool cars...and sold them only in Europe.

Newest example: Ford Focus ST wagon, available only in Europe. Sad face.

However, most of what they produce is pretty decent stuff. Heard a lot of problems with the new Fiestas and Focuses though, but mostly small stuff.

K3RMiTdot
01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Having driven and sat in all the new Ford models, i'm really amazed at the amount of tech you get with those cars. Especially the Ford Focus...

Twenty
01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Go Ford! :D

freshprince1
01-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Helped Dad decide on an F-150 EcoBoost, looking forward to driving it once in a while. Those are fantastic trucks.

KRyn
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1
Helped Dad decide on an F-150 EcoBoost, looking forward to driving it once in a while. Those are fantastic trucks.

I want to drive this truck after watching all of the commercials for it! I wonder what kind of power it can put down with a tune, full turbo back exhaust + intake.

CanmoreOrLess
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
There are three Raptors within a block of my home. I like the look of these trucks, bit wide for the city though. One owner told my wife the "the thing is a lemon, nothing but problems from day one". So there goes my chance of ever owning one as her vote is good for 51%. I would not discount owning a Ford vehicle these days, something I would not have said even two years ago.

Freeskier
01-18-2012, 01:57 PM
The first raptor had some problems with frames bending when owners jumped them. But the deckhand on my last boat had owned one for 3 years and loved it. Never had any problems.

schocker
01-18-2012, 02:20 PM
I do like most of the ford vehicles now, especially the raptor. I did spot a white one with red trim the other day. It was quite strange looking.

ExtraSlow
01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Couple guys downtown use the raptor for commuting. Too wide for parkade spots, so they park on the street. Seems like a non-ideal commuter, but if you like it, wgaf.

gt35r
01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
If anyone is looking for a Ford vehicle I have an excellent contact and can get COST on everything. I bought my truck off of him and saved close to 17,000 off of MSRP!!!! Just shoot me a PM and I can send you his info.

Sugarphreak
01-19-2012, 03:30 PM