PDA

View Full Version : Teapot - Harvest Hills

FoxTrot
01-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Holy Batman way overpriced! Went there for dim sum, all the portions were $5 and up whereas most other chinese restaurants are $3.50 and up. Really adds up. $15 for 3 dim sum portions, no thanks!

Food was alright but not worth the extra cost. Service was terrible! Staff could barely understand simple english words, I had to literally draw out a dish for any of the 4 staff waitresses to understand what i was talking about. They had to ask 4 other co-workers about what dish i was talking about and literally had to repeat myself over and over again. Unbelievable! Wont be going back.

Besides found a hair in my dish how nice. Was short, probably a nose hair.

I did a search on here about teapot and apparently another beyonder found a used bandaid in there dish at teapot. Disgusting.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff142/jordandino/misc/bandaidtpot.jpg

But after seeing this, I dunno if I wanna go back. My cousin found this in her Fried Rice which clearly, CLEARLY, looks like a used Band-Aid. The worst part is, the waitress argued and claimed it was just a peice of 'dried up pork'.

Seriously?!

Finding a used bandage in the food is one thing, but to not own up to the mistake and say 'it's fine, it's just dried up pork' is another. Needless to say, it was clearly bullshit and didn't end up eating it. But what if it happened to some poor, retarded sap that bought the story and continued eating!?

That's just fucking gross.

And another member

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7385/dsc0071copyq.jpg

n1zm0
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Been there a few times for dimsum and dinner, I've had good experiences personally, my biggest gripe is the wait to get in the place for weekend dimsum, always a huge ass lineup

Civic_Drift
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I personally like T.Pot, just ate there last night on the HK Cafe side.

max_boost
01-15-2012, 05:15 PM
In regards to service, that's kind of the norm for these type of restaurants. Busy place, pooled tips, employees are on flat wage. You just flag down whoever is walking by. Service is not going to be personalized. As for the ESL staff, yea you kind of have to put up with that as not all are going to be fluent. I'd say maybe 1/3 of staff speaks fluently.

Food 4/5
Ambience 4/5
Service 2.5/5

n1zm0
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
You just flag down whoever is walking by. Service is not going to be personalized

that's the thing that I like most about Asian restaurants, if i have an issue, I'll wave you over and if not, ty for the privacy. It's always like this unless the restaurant specifically also caters to westerners. :dunno:

yoda124
01-15-2012, 08:59 PM
last summer I ate there with 2 friends.Found what it looked like a grasshopper leg in my beef ho fan after finishing 1/3 of it.Showed it to the waitress and then asked me if I would like another dish.I said no,so she took the plate away and came back 5 minutes later and told me the entire meal was free.It was about $70 worth of food we ordered.I never ate there since.

v2kai
01-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by yoda124
last summer I ate there with 2 friends.Found what it looked like a grasshopper leg in my beef ho fan after finishing 1/3 of it.Showed it to the waitress and then asked me if I would like another dish.I said no,so she took the plate away and came back 5 minutes later and told me the entire meal was free.It was about $70 worth of food we ordered.I never ate there since.

extra protein:D ... just sifted through my beef ho fan I picked up tonight and no grasshopper legs or bonus surprises:(

lilmira
01-15-2012, 09:21 PM
I would have been so offended getting served grasshopper's leg. Whole grasshoppers godammit!

jsn
01-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I've been there quite a few times for their HK cafe side. I personally like their food. Service sucks, but I expect that from most Chinese restaurants.

K3RMiTdot
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jsn
I've been there quite a few times for their HK cafe side. I personally like their food. Service sucks, but I expect that from most Chinese restaurants.

+1

yoda124
01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by lilmira
I would have been so offended getting served grasshopper's leg. Whole grasshoppers godammit!

makes me wonder what happened to the rest of the grasshopper?:barf:

I always thought my experience was an isolated incident.A band-aid and a worm WTF?A asian friend of mine told me they'll always give the food for free to avoid anyone calling the health authority on them.Probably happens a lot.

Xtrema
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
It's too pricey for the quality. And it has gone downhill quite a lot because owner can't keep good chefs/staff with cheap wages. Anyone works there are just buying time for the next gig. The same goes for Sun's on 16th, Pebble St/Forbidden City in the NE which are ran by the same owner. They used to be good but not any more.

Unfortunately, there are just too many Chinese in that area. So unless you do strictly western Chinese food, any passable food can keep the place going.