PDA

View Full Version : Basha foods

speedog
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Checked out Basha foods on Saturday afternoon - noticed it while driving past on Sunridge Way NE. Being an older white guy (older compared to most in this forum), who has a family who like many ethnic foods/produce, my son and I went inside to check it out. Can say that I was very impressed with the quality of the produce as well as the wide assortment of unique stuff you won't find on regular supermarket shelves, but after doing some searching on the internet, it would appear that this business has received quite a few mixed reviews, both good and bad. That said, have any beyonders been to Basha foods and if so, what is their take on the place.

Also, are there any places besides T&T to find bubble tea supplies - our family really enjoys bubble tea and we've gotten pretty good at making it at home now. Want to shop locally for supplies and have been able to find the supplies regularly stocked at T&T - Lambda on Centre Street NW is not reliable for supplies and parking is always a shit show there. So, any other retailers in Calgary stocking this stuff?

95EG6P
01-16-2012, 11:38 AM
i love bouble tea, i am a noob sorry what supplies from t&t do you need to make mango bouble tea specificly thanks

rosemarie
12-20-2012, 01:47 AM
Hi.
Nasty place to shop at, guess people don't have nice things to say. Well people don't just say things for no reason there must be some truth behind all this.

urrforce
12-20-2012, 11:09 AM
knowing this thread is close to a year old but saw it bumped i have to comment.

i dont know much about the history of the place but having some brown and leb close friends this is one of the only places you can get the cool funky drinks that they have at their place for a reasonable price lol.

been told though by a couple of brown friends that basha has been around for a very long time just under different company names and stuff they seem to "re-invent" themselves every few years.

TYMSMNY
12-20-2012, 12:27 PM
This is a new location that they moved to, the previous one run down and needed an overhaul. The partners actually split up and I believe is up for sale... $8mil.

Good place to get hard-to-find ethnic foods.