PDA

View Full Version : IRAN Documentary - Yesterday and Today

Modelexis
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
D61uriEGsIM

Very well done IMO, great quality and easy to follow. Seems to give you a good sense of what life is like in Iran.
Watching the doc I feel a hint of north korea, especially for the women, although I was surprised to see such a large degree of 'freedom' and modernized landscape.
The people seem to be under the same spell as most North American people and it's hard to blame them for not seeing the bars they are behind given that they have been trained into living within this system just as we have been.

The key point I took from this doc was that the battle is between the leader of Iran and the leaders of North America. It's a battle of oil and force. It has nothing to do with the people, but the rulers of our nation and theirs like to try to brainwash their citizens into thinking that it's US VS THEM, USA VS IRAN, ISLAM VS CHRISTAN etc.
This is simply not true, we share such a great deal of common ideals as Iranians, we need to all wake up and oppose wars against nations. We need to stop causing nations to suffer from our global power and we need to listen to what the individuals are saying.
Before it's too late, before they really do hate us and really have a good reason to, if we allow our governments to battle we should realize that we are to blame, we didn't do anything to stop it, we never stood up for truth.

I can't help but imagine these faces being the same faces of the iraqi's and afghanis that we have slaughtered overseas over exactly the thing I talked about above, our nation is one of murderers and we are fabricating enemies and investing in life long battles against cultures that we do not understand.
I hope America finds a way to rise above the mythical abstract entity known as 'the state'

sputnik
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I can't help but imagine these faces being the same faces of the iraqi's and afghanis that we have slaughtered overseas over exactly the thing I talked about above, our nation is one of murderers and we are fabricating enemies and investing in life long battles against cultures that we do not understand.

Name one prominent Canadian politician that vocally advocates that we should go to war with Iran.

Modelexis
01-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Name one prominent Canadian politician that vocally advocates that we should go to war with Iran.

Aside from the fact that you never quoted me saying this explicit statement, your comment is one of a strawman.

Maybe the reason they aren't vocally advocating a war, is because they realize it's not up to them, they do as they are ordered to do by the US governement. Canada is just a player on the side of world powers, willing to go into foreign countries and murder.
So if you look at the history of the canadian governements participation in wars which they have no business in I think I have evidence to support such an argument.

Is the prime minister of canada prominent enough for you?

http://www.bloggingcanadians.ca/NewDemocratBlogs/stephen-harper-is-prepared-to-take-canada-into-war-with-iran/

"In a blunt warning amid an escalating crisis, the Harper government declared Friday that Canada stands ready to join with other nations in preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon......There are growing indications that Israel and/or the United States might be prepared to take pre-emptive military action to destroy Iran’s nuclear weapons-making capability. Were that to happen, this submission appears to confirm that the Harper government would offer its strong support."