PDA

View Full Version : Skyline For Sale?

/////AMG
01-29-2004, 03:01 PM
I know theres a lot of Skyline fan sonhere, so I thought I'd let you know. I saw this on Bargain Finder

89 Nissan Skyline R32 right hand drive, GTST, $11,900 Tel: 403-667-8689

Don't know if its real or not, has to be. Best of luck to ya guys.

rage2
01-29-2004, 03:07 PM
it's probably real, and it's not a GT-R as shown in the description :).

If it's not a GT-R, it's a piece of shit lol.

/////AMG
01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: haha someone will buy it though. I know theres a lot of hardcore Skyline fans on here.

rage2
01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
And they're all idiots! hehehe.

Skylines are way overrated IMO... unless you have a LOT of money ;)

SinisterProbeGt
01-29-2004, 03:43 PM
there pretty nice tho
http://www.japanline.ru/sky1.jpg
http://www.japanline.ru/sky11.jpg
http://www.japanline.ru/sky12.jpg

DonJuan
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by rage2
And they're all idiots! hehehe.
Skylines are way overrated IMO... unless you have a LOT of money ;)
Rage, there are few things that you say that I disagree with, (this is the first) but this is a huge thing. If anything the GTR is UNDERRATED, only recently (in the last 5 or so years) has it seen any kind of appreciation ESPECIALLY in North America. And true you do have to spend lots of cash on them to make them faster, but if you look in SCC, and their Ultimate Street Car Challenge, the runner up last year was a MILDLY modified R33 GTR. And a high 13 sec 1/4 mile is pretty fast as it is. Now getting to this post, the GTS-T is not Godzilla and the RB20 is not the ideal engine. IMO 12 g's could be better spent on another car, but is still none the less a formidable platform with few equals and even less betters. Oh and it will sell for 12g's to some guy tryin to be Brian Earl Spilner.:rofl:
PS: sorry about the long post

rage2
01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Rage, there are few things that you say that I disagree with, (this is the first) but this is a huge thing. If anything the GTR is UNDERRATED, only recently (in the last 5 or so years) has it seen any kind of appreciation ESPECIALLY in North America. And true you do have to spend lots of cash on them to make them faster, but if you look in SCC, and their Ultimate Street Car Challenge, the runner up last year was a MILDLY modified R33 GTR.
Take a look at any RB26DETT turbo kit, or ECU applications, and you'll see why I said you need LOTS of money. Even mild mods like a basic turbo upgrade cost more than the car, which is pretty insane. You'll go broke modding the car.

A basic twin turbo upgrade is around $8k (GT-SS). I don't even think this kit's readily available anymore because it's been replaced by the $11k GT-RS kit. Those are the cheap HKS kits. The Blitz kits are even crazier in price.

A single turbo kit is around 30% more than the above kits. Scary.

See what I mean by LOTS of money? haha, mild mods (money wise) doesn't exist for this car!

topher91
01-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Id buy it......:thumbsup: But I like them cuz I love the old skool cars.......

cujo_cjc
01-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Very interesting... :)

EDIT:What are the specs on that model?

DonJuan
01-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Take a look at any RB26DETT turbo kit, or ECU applications, and you'll see why I said you need LOTS of money. Even mild mods like a basic turbo upgrade cost more than the car, which is pretty insane. You'll go broke modding the car.
True, "I" will go broke just buying the car. This is definatley not a car for the masses, not a car for the faint of heart (or wallet) but if somone has 35g's to spend on a fast car, and are lookin at high performance cars, he could buy this car for 12k and then proceed to mildly modify it for 18k, and throw some suspension at it 5k, and you've got a contender for the ultimate street machine (and it'll only be an RB20. But in stock form is all that is required to give any car/speed enthusiast their required fix; the GTR just does this with an exclamation point. But I know somone is gonna say "Well I could just go out and get a 88 CRX and throw 34g's at it and it will go faster" and somone else will say "You just spent $35,000 on a car that was made in 1989? Why not go and get a new car? (like a nice CLK ;) )" Which are both valid statements, so i guess the only answer for me is "To each his own."
PS: sorry again for the long post

JAYMEZ
01-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Still a very sweet car ( not worrying about money costs of course)

topher91
01-30-2004, 12:17 AM
But isn't the way it is, I mean stock and everything for a car from 89......is it not a good car?? Mind u, the guy maybe asking 12gs cuz its in good shape and he prolly added some "nostalgic" factor to it as well. Especially for a car that was never sold here b4. Anyone call the number yet?? If for real, I may have to sell my DelSol for that puppy!!

Chris

That.Guy.S30
01-30-2004, 12:24 AM
freak if i knew about cars a year ago i wouldve bought that thing over my jeep yj anyday.. who cares if its not godzilla.. better then being seen in a beater

ACS-e36
01-30-2004, 01:13 AM
id get it just cuz no one else got em... nissans are money pits

Forcefed
01-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Nissan= Big Pockets :D

sheer_blade
01-30-2004, 03:52 PM
I am new to the BEYond Forums and so far there are some good debates! Rage2 you got told, you ran your mouth thinking you know all and everything, but DonJuan put you in your place! If you think that car is garbage, then i know you would rather be driving a '89 Dodge Caravan, if Skyline ain't your thing, there is only one reason, you don't have enough money, you will never have enough money and your mind is distraut will the vague image that you would ever own or drive a car as rare or beautiful as THAT!:drama:

P.S. Dude it has right hand drive :thumbsup: $Skyline's 4life$

buh_buh
01-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by sheer_blade
I am new to the BEYond Forums and so far there are some good debates! Rage2 you got told, you ran your mouth thinking you know all and everything, but DonJuan put you in your place! If you think that car is garbage, then i know you would rather be driving a '89 Dodge Caravan, if Skyline ain't your thing, there is only one reason, you don't have enough money, you will never have enough money and your mind is distraut will the vague image that you would ever own or drive a car as rare or beautiful as THAT!:drama:

P.S. Dude it has right hand drive :thumbsup: $Skyline's 4life$ :rofl: :banghead:

sputnik
01-30-2004, 03:57 PM
i would find RHD very uncomfortable... thats reason enough for me not to bother

sputnik
01-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Rage2 you got told, you ran your mouth thinking you know all and everything, but DonJuan put you in your place!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

newbs... :rolleyes:

Nav13
01-30-2004, 03:59 PM
hahahaha omg that is just to hilarious, im glad i used my brothers log in for like 5 months to veiw this forum, haha now i know who not to argue with. I guess that guy has the right to say what ever but just wait till he finds out who he said it to.

arabian_ryda
01-30-2004, 04:04 PM

welcome to the forums man.
i danno if rage2 cares or not but i dont think you telling him he got told makes a good first impression towards him.

thats just my 2 cents, hope you enjoy these forums:)

ecstasy_civic
01-30-2004, 04:12 PM
If you think that car is garbage, then i know you would rather be driving a '89 Dodge Caravan, if Skyline ain't your thing, there is only one reason, you don't have enough money, you will never have enough money

HAHAHAH this is gonna be good.

If only he had a clue of what he was going to be told hahahahaha

rage2
01-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Rage2 you got told, you ran your mouth thinking you know all and everything, but DonJuan put you in your place! If you think that car is garbage, then i know you would rather be driving a '89 Dodge Caravan, if Skyline ain't your thing, there is only one reason, you don't have enough money, you will never have enough money and your mind is distraut will the vague image that you would ever own or drive a car as rare or beautiful as THAT!:drama:
http://messenger.msn.com/Resource/emoticons/cry_smile.gifhttp://messenger.msn.com/Resource/emoticons/cry_smile.gifhttp://messenger.msn.com/Resource/emoticons/cry_smile.gif

I sure got told! I'm gonna go hide in the corner and cry now... maybe one day I'll have enough money for a skyline. For now, I'll have to live with my Ford Taurus! Too poor to even own a 89 Dodge Caravan! :banghead:

:rofl:

DonJuan
01-31-2004, 12:58 AM
OMG what have I started???:eek: Yeah that's right Rage I TOLD U!!!! YEAH!!!! Now what!!!!! what u gonna do????? nuthin that right nuthin j/k:rofl:

CalgaryB5
01-31-2004, 01:50 AM
I don’t want to get into any arguments about Skyline Vs Rage. It makes more sense that you can share comments if you drove or experienced with that particular type of car. I know it is not likely people ever see one in front of him/her here in Canada. When I was in Asia I drove one, I don’t own the car. I can tell you that for the new price tag less than an M3 and the ability to spank the conservative German engineering up to a 996 turbo, I will go for that. However, in reality you do not only buy a car because of its performance, other things must go with it. Base on the used car price I know in overseas. I estimated should worth like around $2500 CAD.

DonJuan
01-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5
Base on the used car price I know in overseas. I estimated should worth like around $2500 CAD.
Wait a minute... r u saying that I can pick up a Skyline GTR for $2500 in Japan?:eek: Wow, Well it's decided then, I goin to Japan!!! (in 2 years)

89EF
01-31-2004, 09:31 PM
uhh i think he meant the 89 for $2500 yeah.

rage2
01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by CalgaryB5
It makes more sense that you can share comments if you drove or experienced with that particular type of car. I know it is not likely people ever see one in front of him/her here in Canada. When I was in Asia I drove one, I don’t own the car. I can tell you that for the new price tag less than an M3 and the ability to spank the conservative German engineering up to a 996 turbo
Well I haven't driven any Skyline GT-R's, but I've done a lot of research into them. Stock turbos max out at around 380hp flywheel, so I dunno how it can spank the lighter and more powerful 996 turbos.

Like I said, it takes a lot of money to mod the GTR because of rarity of parts, which is why I'm calling it overrated. The average joe won't be able to afford to make these godlike cars. So I still stand by my overrated statement. You dump enough money in any car it'll be insane. You can build a Civic that can outrun, outcorner and outbrake a 996 turbo for 1/5 of the price. That doesn't make the Civic a godlike car :).

Redlyne_mr2
02-01-2004, 12:18 AM
Hehe the word overrated has stirred alot of controversy..and skylines arent rare theyre everywhere in asia. People think that they can buy a skyline invest a couple grand and run 11s they dont realise that the skyline isnt a perfect car either it encouters the same problems as other imports after modifying. Yes theyre good cars and can be modified to extrememe levels but so can any car with enough money. Skylines arent incredible super rare 1000hp monsters like people depict them, there are so many other vehicles on the market that surpass the skyline in many ways and arent really recognized

sxtasy
02-01-2004, 12:34 AM
89 Nissan Skyline R32 right hand drive, GTST, $11,900 Tel: 403-667-8689 Well regardless of all the arguements, I think this car would be a pretty decent bang for the buck. considering a lot of early 90's TT300zx's cost far more than 11,900. Additionally, Japanese cars, for the most part seem to be taken care of better than north american cars.

redbaron303
02-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Additional to what's been said.....

Unless it's 15 years old to the month, and seeing as the GTS-T was 't in production until May 1989 which means the first of the bunch are NOT legal in Canada until May 2004 and each month after depending on the cars build date.

Check this out for a lil more info, there is a link about the importation of GTR's as well. http://www.importconcern.ca/articles/new89.htm

I wouldn't be caught driving an illegal car.... the insurance, registration and customs scandals that will arise out of an illegal or extremly bad! Again my best advice is BUYER BEWARE and don't buy anything ILLEGAL, and it is illegal to buy that car regardless as to what the person says unless it's still in Japan awaiting importation pending it's legal month.

IMO that had best be a superior GTS-T when I have been able to import GTR's starting around that range. Also considering how close these cars are to becomming legal to import I wouldn't risk it by having the illegal in my possesion.

Also for the person that said GTR's are $2500~ well sure you can get cheapo's like that but they aren't in very good shape at all, also that is just the purchase price on the car itself and does not include any of the preparation and such that goes into making the car legal to export from Japan (or other countries) and making it legal to import to Canada and actually having it imported. It's not as simple as buying a car, just a thought :)

donz
02-01-2004, 10:20 PM
I think the $2500 number he is refering to is the price to buy one one japan, not the cost to bring it over here. i wouldn't be surprised if the price is that low, considering those are probably not even driven in japan anymore, Just sitting at a Junkyard or something

sheer_blade
02-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Exactly, $2500 ain't gonna get you much these days whether your in Japan or Canada. For that price you could end up with a Ford Taurus (RAGE2) Don't worry man keep up the hope, I had one of those in High School, but just like the rest it ended up in PIck ur Part.

buh_buh
02-02-2004, 05:10 PM
if only you knew buddy

ps rage you got owned bigtime

Ben
02-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
if only you knew buddy

:werd: I can only shake my head at what these people are saying.

rage2
02-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Exactly, $2500 ain't gonna get you much these days whether your in Japan or Canada. For that price you could end up with a Ford Taurus (RAGE2) Don't worry man keep up the hope, I had one of those in High School, but just like the rest it ended up in PIck ur Part.
I was being sarcastic :).

The Taurus is a courtesy car because some moron rear ended my AMG. I didn't know they're worth only $2500, it feels much more expensive than that! haha.

sheer_blade
02-02-2004, 05:15 PM
I do know
Matching BEnZ's, that means alot huh, come to my garage any day of the week, you wanna see what my history has got me!

sheer_blade
02-02-2004, 05:16 PM
cool

sheer_blade
02-02-2004, 05:20 PM
You guys may be the big guns on this site but don't ever thing you can make judgement to someone new to this city. there is a reason why i'am in a new city. Don't worry you'll know me and all my boys at Race City this summer! OR maybe soon as my buddy finishes his strip we can race there "RickyBob Raceland".

JustinL
02-02-2004, 05:21 PM

Cmon man ease up on rage2. Just look at his Avatar and he's driving a taurus... poor bastard. He only wishes he had a 944 turbo that could keep up with mine. ;)

J.

rage2
02-02-2004, 05:26 PM
You guys may be the big guns on this site but don't ever thing you can make judgement to someone new to this city. there is a reason why i'am in a new city. Don't worry you'll know me and all my boys at Race City this summer! OR maybe soon as my buddy finishes his strip we can race there "RickyBob Raceland".
Uhh who's making judgement? :dunno:

I was just correcting the fact that I don't own a Taurus. Anyways, this thread is getting pointless.

rage2
02-02-2004, 05:29 PM
BTW - Welcome to Calgary and beyond.

redbaron303
02-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Rage... come on... we all KNOW you drive a Taurus... pimped to the nines w/ the spinner hubcaps and all.... (He only put AMG badges on his Taurus to feel cool :bigpimp: )

googe
02-02-2004, 06:46 PM
*amused that a prelude owner is talking down to an AMG owner*

Alpine Autowerks
02-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
Additionally, Japanese cars, for the most part seem to be taken care of better than north american cars.

I've seen some JDM imports in the shop and I ran a Benz service centre in Seoul for 2 years (saw jdm's there too) i saw no real dif.

if a customer has the income to maintain a car ....they will ...regardless of geography

Redlyne_mr2
02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
You guys may be the big guns on this site but don't ever thing you can make judgement to someone new to this city. there is a reason why i'am in a new city. Don't worry you'll know me and all my boys at Race City this summer! OR maybe soon as my buddy finishes his strip we can race there "RickyBob Raceland". :thumbsdow
Ignorant fool

ninspeed
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM

I was being sarcastic :).

The Taurus is a courtesy car because some moron rear ended my AMG. I didn't know they're worth only $2500, it feels much more expensive than that! haha.
He probally thinks your a fat white guy too!!!!...

I only know one guy who talks like that, thinks he got a "crew", drives a prelude, and likes rickybobs......

first name kyle???

/////AMG
02-02-2004, 07:59 PM
:closed:

Sorry for posting this, just thought there would be a serious buyer on Beyond.

C4S
02-02-2004, 08:02 PM
he he ..

all I know is .. it is turth that a 89 Skyline cost about $2,000 - $3,000 Canadian From Auction in Japan ..

even a 2000 R 34 GT-R .. is about $ 30,000 Can ..

Since no one (rare) in Japan will buy a 15 yr old car ..
so .. importing them to Canada is a very good business !

And I am sure someone will still pay $10,000 for a 89 Skyline in Canada ( no matter they worth that much, overrated or underrated! ) :D

redbaron303
02-02-2004, 11:01 PM
In all honesty, $2000-$3000 for any SKyline (R32) is nothing, and IMO I would suggest spending a lil more. $4500+ on the car alone is a good start to get a good car, that will translate to about $10 000ish to have the car imported to Canada by the time everything is said and done, that does not include storage at this point (based on a car that is already legal).

It is possible to get a nice GTS-T (rare though) for around $6000 to Canada :) We just have to look hard and make the best use of our customers money to do this, of course it is our customers final say on how much they spend and which vehicle they choose.... So anything is in the realm of possible, but you have to consider things like condition and the costs of importing as well :)

Bruce Chan
02-03-2004, 09:55 AM
haha you guy are so interesting, in Hong Kong, GT-R is already out date, only $20000 HK dollars. that mean in 20000/5 = $CA with tax=$4000x1.15=$4600CA
The only expensive thing is on the shiping fee and change the control side from right hand drive to the left (if you want to drive this car on the street.) of cos, on track is doesn't matter.
in fact 89 car is a classical car, for collection is a good option too. right on,if you not gonna drive that , just for collection purpose , it is ok then. i guess the price is about right ! i know my english is no good , i am sorry. i wish i can learn :english: next time. thank you!:drool:

DonJuan
02-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ninspeed

He probally thinks your a fat white guy too!!!!...

Notice how he didn't mention ugly????:D

But i'm staying out of this thread now, Rage has taken alot of shit form a whole lot of newbies. And taking it well :poosie:

ninspeed
02-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

Notice how he didn't mention ugly????:D

But i'm staying out of this thread now, Rage has taken alot of shit form a whole lot of newbies. And taking it well :poosie:
fat and white usualy means ugly

redbaron303
02-03-2004, 06:28 PM
OUch...... not all us white guys are ugly just rage is....

rage2
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm not just ugly, I'm obnoxious too!

redbaron303
02-03-2004, 08:02 PM
That's the spirit!!! :thumbsup:

Can you picture that ugly, fat, white dude pimping from behind the wheel of his AMG badge clad Taurus!!!! I wonder if he's got a straw hat to go with that!

/////AMG
02-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Bang her already u ugly obnoxious liar!:whipped:

hjr
02-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
Bang her already u ugly obnoxious liar!:whipped: he is trying. rubbin his fat on her and what not. it will happen! Well only if he kills her anoying mom...

KurumaJ
03-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Anyone thinking that Skylines GT-R's go for around $2,500 in Japan is mistaken. A lower grade Skyline like a GTS may sell for this price but not a GT-R. '89 GT-R's start at around 650,000 Yen, which is about $8,000 Canadian. Most GT-R's sold for this price have been in accidents and are in fair or poor condition. A mint '89 GT-R goes for about 1,200,000 Yen or $15,000. Plus, if the car has been modified, it could sell for as much as 2,000,000 Yen. In fact, an '89 GT-R that has been keep in garage for most of its life and has only about 5,000 km will cost up to 4,000,000 Yen. The GT-R is the only car in Japan that keeps its value; all other cars are junked after 10 years or 100,000 km. So, after you fork out the cash for the car and then pay commission, shipping, and 23% import tax, you will understand why GT-R's are so costly. However, even though the R-32 is fifteen years old, it still is a cool car, and the drivetrain technology it incorporates is impressive, even by today's standards. Overall, it's a good car, and it is a lot of bang for your buck.

1badPT
03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
it's probably real, and it's not a GT-R as shown in the description :).

If it's not a GT-R, it's a piece of shit lol.

If it ain't a GT-R, then it ain't a tight car. :burnout:

kevie88
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT

If it ain't a GT-R, then it ain't a tight car. :burnout:

Yep :werd:

The RB20det pulls pretty hard in my S13, but I don't think a R32 GTST or GTS4 would be all that fast at all with this motor.. it doesn't have a lot of midrange power really:whipped:

redbaron303
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
GTS-T is alright w/ the RB20DET in it :)

Kind of like the stock CA18DET in the Silvia K's....

Atleast they're a good platform to mod verus a Z31 like mine w/ no tuner platform! :(

Talon_lover
03-07-2004, 10:48 AM
the whole steering wheel havin to be on the left side thing I dont get. Because back around like October or some month like that (I know there was no snow at all) I was on my way to go to a hockey game and then this car pulled up beside me. I never really looked at it because cars pull up beside you everyday. Then I noticed something funny about it. The dude was sitting on the right side and driving it. And it was a Nissan Skyline Dont know if it was a GTR or what though I just know it was a skyline. Same body shape and all. So how was that legal then?

kevie88
03-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Talon_lover
the whole steering wheel havin to be on the left side thing I dont get. Because back around like October or some month like that (I know there was no snow at all) I was on my way to go to a hockey game and then this car pulled up beside me. I never really looked at it because cars pull up beside you everyday. Then I noticed something funny about it. The dude was sitting on the right side and driving it. And it was a Nissan Skyline Dont know if it was a GTR or what though I just know it was a skyline. Same body shape and all. So how was that legal then?

If the car is 15 years old or older, it doesn't have to pass the importation laws that RIV uses.. RHD or not. See www.riv.ca for more info on 15 year old vehicles..

redbaron303
03-07-2004, 02:06 PM
RIV basically is good for USA --> Can imports.

TC & Customs are better for out of continent imports.

That skyline you saw in Edmonton.... was it black or silver.... Who said they're legal when you had seen them....

I know the owner of the black one it's a confusing long story... should make your head spin if you ask him about it.

The Silver one was a motorex car from San Fransico I believe but it's not here through RIV b/c it's not 15 years old and it's not on the admissability list for cars that were imported to the states.... it's kind of a gray area if you will. :(