PDA

View Full Version : This is How I spent Three Hours Yesterday!!!

RC-Cola
01-29-2004, 04:07 PM
I tired of the cold and it's taking forever to get anywhere! :banghead:

RC-Cola
01-29-2004, 04:08 PM
After I drove forever, I got stand outside to get "Cold looking city" pictures for work.

Dj_Stylz
01-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Damn 3 hours?!?!

rage2
01-29-2004, 04:16 PM
How and what time did you get stuck for 3 hours? That looks like crowchild. I drove home through rush hour from downtown, and was shocked that traffic flowed so well. Got home to Arbour Lake in 18 mins at 5:30pm!

nismodrifter
01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
bahah...I am probably oen of the people walking on the overpass laughing at all the people stuck in traffic lol

rc2002
01-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Where do you work? I saw a picture in the Herald that looks a LOT like the one you posted above...

I would gone bonkers sitting in traffic for 3 hours. I HATE traffic.

Seanith
01-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Is that picture at the university station going south on crowchild? Every morning close to 8am, when my sorry ass has to walk to school i always see so many cars backed up like that lol

GorG
01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
I tired of the cold and it's taking forever to get anywhere! :banghead:

I feel your pain, i was stuck there with you, i practicly dose off.:zzz:

RC-Cola
01-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Yes this is south bound crowchild. It was a little past 8:00. I should have been a little more specific in that it took about 1.5 hours each way... Still, why do people drive so damm slow when it's cold, the road it dry, it's not snowing and it's too cold to form any ice because there is no moisture in the air!

SAiamNE
01-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey that 2nd pic..
I live right there.. :clap:

Ekliptix
01-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Those are some HQ photos....................

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34779

D'z Nutz
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Hahaha! I was gonna post pictures from the overpass today overlooking the traffic too! I'll do that tomorrow if I remember!

nismodrifter
01-29-2004, 10:27 PM
while we are on the topic of freezin our butts off....does anybody know who that crosswalk guy is at the university? he is there like EVERY day of the school year in the morning even in this damn freezing weather he is there. I feel sorry for that guy in this weather, he has like 50 layers of clothes on (he is probably still freeezin cold) and is standin there holdin a stop sign in like -50 for a few hours:eek:

Seanith
01-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
while we are on the topic of freezin our butts off....does anybody know who that crosswalk guy is at the university? he is there like EVERY day of the school year in the morning even in this damn freezing weather he is there. I feel sorry for that guy in this weather, he has like 50 layers of clothes on (he is probably still freeezin cold) and is standin there holdin a stop sign in like -50 for a few hours:eek:

worst job ever.. no one ever even thanks him. i did a couple times when it wasn't too cold to open my mouth :dunno:

nismodrifter
01-30-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

worst job ever.. no one ever even thanks him. i did a couple times when it wasn't too cold to open my mouth :dunno:

yeh I usually say thanks to the guy but he never replies or says anything back.......

Ben
01-30-2004, 03:43 AM

yeh I usually say thanks to the guy but he never replies or says anything back.......

Thats cause he froze his tongue to the stop sign last winter.

nismodrifter
01-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Thats cause he froze his tongue to the stop sign last winter.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GorG
01-31-2004, 05:09 PM
:D :D :D :D :D Oh so true, i would hate to be in his postion especially in -50 weather.

rage2
01-31-2004, 05:16 PM
haha man, you guys must not know the secret lane choices to take on Crowchild!

During rush rush hour, I can make it from Arbour Lake to my downtown office in 25mins. Home is usually under 25 mins unless there's an accident.

Here's a hint... Crowchild southbound ALWAYS has 3 lanes if you know where you're going.... :)

ApexDrift
01-31-2004, 07:30 PM

you gotta do what you gotta do... a job is a job!

Ben
01-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by rage2
haha man, you guys must not know the secret lane choices to take on Crowchild!

During rush rush hour, I can make it from Arbour Lake to my downtown office in 25mins. Home is usually under 25 mins unless there's an accident.

Here's a hint... Crowchild southbound ALWAYS has 3 lanes if you know where you're going.... :)

I have a friend who lives in Ranchlands and getting to her house after work or something was a Pain in the ass, after taking crowchild a few times and learning the patterns, I could get from the Tower to her place in about 20 minutes, and if I was coming from my place here in McKenzie Lake, I could get there in about 35-40 if I knew the quick routes through the core. You sometimes have to be a bit of an asshole, but if you're smart and know how to make the roads and other drivers work in your favor, it is litterally a breeze.

missblondie
02-02-2004, 07:52 PM
i love the way the skyline looks when it is so cold!

Ben
02-04-2004, 05:24 PM
This is how I OWNED MYSELF today.

Ran out of washer fluid in the morning Rush Hour.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: