PDA

View Full Version : My BikeExif feature

oasis
01-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Kind of cool they did a little feature of my old 75 CB750, have a look. Btw I love all the haters hahaha It's amazing how much buzz this beater bike stirred up.

CB750 (http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cb750-custom-2)

Mike

Abeo
01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Wow, that thing looks great! The original colors stand out more with black as a backdrop. Not sure about the straight pipes, but to each his own

civic_stylez
01-20-2012, 11:56 AM
LOL way to start the debate of the century Mike... the bobber/cafe racer cultural elite are just battling away over it..

Ive ridden this bike and its crazy fun. An absolute beauty and gets unreal attention in traffic.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Crazy! Cool to see a fellow beyonder/Calgarian on there. How do those firestones handle anyway? I always meant to ask. Too bad I can't read the comments on my iPhone, thats kind of gay.

EDIT: Nevermind, after I got home and read the comments; they say it all. Kind of figured; but from a guy with a sportbike heritage I thought perhaps they offered what I didn't think they would. I guess not.

MK1GTI
01-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I saw that on there yesterday, I LOVE that bike, nice job, I'm seriously jealous. It's nice to see people appreciating a build done in the real world, with a real budget, not some over the top, dripping with chrome, OCC nonsense.

I'll be first in line should it ever go up for sale :thumbsup:

tirebob
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
How can you butcher such a pristine example of a cool vintage bike like that??? I can't believe people like you do such things... You should be ashamed of yourself! :guns:

Jlude
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
that's a badass bike man!

Graham_A_M
01-21-2012, 07:41 PM
edit

Abeo
01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Bob Blakeborough

I personally think that there is nothing cooler than a running a tractor tire. Handling the pavement and a hay field... How can you go wrong???

Tirebob is trolling in fine fashion
:rofl:

tirebob
01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Abeo

Tirebob is trolling in fine fashion
:rofl:

Lol! You caught that did you?

I am just fucking with Mike a bit... I was lucky enough to be frequently present and assisted on multiple occasions with the build of this bike, although the vision and vast majority of work has to be credited to Mike without a doubt!

Great job Salek!

tirebob
01-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
edit

Darn it Graham lol! You should have left your post because I agreed with every word of it. Honestly, I apologize for the troll but yours was exactly the response I was hoping for, in that what Mike did to his bike is totally justifiable and is actually cool and fun. So many people of Exif were such babies about the entire thing I figured it might be fun to poke my buddy Mike a bit and generate a bit of conversation here on Beyond defending his right to build any bike in any way...

:burnout:

oasis
01-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the awesome comments guys, seems like this bike has went a little viral hahaha. Another site out of europe has contacted me on running a feature as well so we'll see how that works out.

Bob you did the most important part on that bike......... mounted those tires with out marking up the freshly finished wheels :thumbsup:

Mike

JVR1
01-23-2012, 12:11 PM
that is a pimp ride.. always wanted to do something similar.. :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

Darn it Graham lol! You should have left your post because I agreed with every word of it. Honestly, I apologize for the troll but yours was exactly the response I was hoping for, in that what Mike did to his bike is totally justifiable and is actually cool and fun. So many people of Exif were such babies about the entire thing I figured it might be fun to poke my buddy Mike a bit and generate a bit of conversation here on Beyond defending his right to build any bike in any way...

:burnout:

Oh really? LOL. I was kind of "going off" there. So I thought (since you WERE joking) I thought I'd better tone that way the hell down. I thought you were serious about razzing him for "ruining" a nice stock CB750....

To that its just like... :guns:
Im on a traditional hot rodding forum (cars & trucks). Its funny how many people tell me to go F myself because I use a modern LS2 engine & tranny, with typical new big rims on my '38 Chevy half ton.

Rather then some old pre -60's shitheap of an engine, a Turbo 400 tranny and some White wall Bias-plies. :rolleyes: Its like; the 60's were a nice decade for sure; but that was half a century ago. Can we move on now?
Kind of the same impression I got with your post towards his bike.

Ah well, no harm done I guess.

Kind of too bad, I had a few more things to say so I edited then re-edited. Kind of a waste of time really. I wish I still had it.

I too am all about the classics; but if we can drastically improve them so they're infinitely more usable for *TODAY* (rather then decades past when they were relevant) that what realistic harm is there in that unless they're an insanely rare entity to begin with?