PDA

View Full Version : Latest music video

Billy_Billions
01-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey peeps - I just directed a music video for the Calgary band Brocade.

http://www.aux.tv/videos/brocade-riot-riot/

Check it out.

Graham_A_M
01-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Cool, I never heard of Brocade though. Perhaps that'll change in time.

Not much directing to do in that vid really; video taping the band jamming with some mild lighting & camera shots, then a chick wandering around in a bad mood. :dunno:

its like..... okay.... (???) What directing did you do?

"Okay, now on 3 I want you to start walking then smash the beer bottle right here":rolleyes:

Billy_Billions
01-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Hey thanks for checking it out!

maxomilll
01-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Cool, I never heard of Brocade though. Perhaps that'll change in time.

Not much directing to do in that vid really; video taping the band jamming with some mild lighting & camera shots, then a chick wandering around in a bad mood. :dunno:

its like..... okay.... (???) What directing did you do?

"Okay, now on 3 I want you to start walking then smash the beer bottle right here":rolleyes:

weak comment. Directing is far more then result driven words.

SportEL
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I really like this song. I remember starting to hear this on x92.9 about a month or so ago. I actually Youtubed the song one day to see if there was actually a video for it, and found a live performance instead. It's awesome when the song kicks into the chorus. I like the style of videos like yours that shows the band performing.

Billy_Billions
01-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by SportEL
I really like this song. I remember starting to hear this on x92.9 about a month or so ago. I actually Youtubed the song one day to see if there was actually a video for it, and found a live performance instead. It's awesome when the song kicks into the chorus. I like the style of videos like yours that shows the band performing.

Appreciate that. The live version of Riot Riot on youtube is mine as well, but the audio is fucking terrible. I've got a couple more live performances from their New Years Eve show in Fernie that are pretty awesome. I'll get those online sometime soon.

It was our intention to get the bands face out there to everyone. Their live shows are so awesome they bring the lamps, rugs, and paintings (As you've seen) so we wanted to expand on that for the video, hence the 20 foot wall. All the people that have seen the video and seen them live have told me that we captured their live shows so I'm happy with that. If you like the video, you'll like them live. That's all there really is to say.

For the next one we'll do something a little more out there I'm sure.

maxomilll - True that.

LadyLuck
01-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Booked these guys last year to play our venue, can't remember how they opened up for but they put on a great show. I thought the set up on stage was really neat.

great guys!

Billy_Billions
01-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
Booked these guys last year to play our venue, can't remember how they opened up for but they put on a great show. I thought the set up on stage was really neat.

great guys!

Cool! Which venue is that?