PDA

View Full Version : Japan Soda Candy...where to buy?

Pacman
01-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know where to buy Lion brand "Jan Jaga" soda candy balls in Calgary?

The package looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Lion-Jan-Jaga-Soda-Candy/dp/B005CS0XV6

They are individually wrapped little balls of goodness. I had one at a sushi restaurant in Toronto and would like to get more.

I went to T&T supermarket. They had similar Japan soda candy there, but it wasn't the same.

thanks
pac

Cooked Rice
01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Don't know of any Japanese specialty food stores in Calgary unfortunately. Every time I'm in Vancouver I hit up konbiniya on Robson St. http://www.konbiniya.com/

Toyota Racing
01-22-2012, 11:47 PM
you could try Dragon City Mall over in Downtown They have a candy shop there filled with this kind of candy

n1zm0
01-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I remember when I was younger they sold it at t& t and 88 as a package with all different types of Japanese gum.

Disoblige
01-23-2012, 12:01 AM
As stated, perhaps try Qualala in Dragon City Mall.

If no good, maybe Lambda on Center St. ?

Pacman
01-23-2012, 08:29 AM
thanks for the replies. I'll give the suggested places a try and report back

clem24
01-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Pacman
I went to T&T supermarket. They had similar Japan soda candy there, but it wasn't the same.

Which T&T did you go to? Pacific Mall or Harvest Hills? I am pretty sure I saw these at the Harvest Hills location.

The only places I am aware where you can buy Japanese candy:

- T&T (both, biggest selection)
- Lambda (good selection)
- That place mentioned in Dragon City Mall (good selection)
- Arirang Oriental Foods (beside Korean Village/Dae Jang Geum restaurant) (OK selection)
- Koreana Bros. across from Churchill (limited selection)
- Tops 100 Supermarket in New Asia (very limited selection)
- Hong Kong Supermarket on 17th Ave (extremely limited selection)

Feel free to add to the list if anyone knows anymore... I love Japanese candy LOL.

Blue
01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Harvest hill TNT have them, just bought a pack lol

samo147
02-01-2012, 12:53 AM
thats what i loved about japan

every night when i went back to my hotel or hostel i would go to the convenience store try a bunch of ice cream, beer and candys

it was awesome

Pacman
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Blue
Harvest hill TNT have them, just bought a pack lol

Is the bag the exact same as the picture I posted?

I went down there today and bought a bag of something similar (the bag has a blue/silver color to it and has 10 flavors vs the 8 of the one I'm looking for). They are not bad, but not the exact same as the other ones.

Are the ones you bought made by Lion, or Ribon?

Thanks

imhungry
02-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Pacman

Is the bag the exact same as the picture I posted?

I went down there today and bought a bag of something similar (the bag has a blue/silver color to it and has 10 flavors vs the 8 of the one I'm looking for). They are not bad, but not the exact same as the other ones.

Are the ones you bought made by Lion, or Ribon?

Thanks

The one from the Harvest TNT is called Ribon Soda Candy.